POST GAME Round 8 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos

The Moga "try" should not have been a try.

The tackle was complete. Anyone with the brain output equivalent to a Volkswagen beetle could see that. If anyone who looked at that decision and thought "Well good! We never get the rub of the green! About bloody time!"

Congratulations! You are part of the fucking problem with Rugby League in this country.

FFS Milford threw the ball away because he was trying to sell the try!!! It wasn't play on. Only the most die hard, biased Broncos fan would say it was.

It was a no try. Any day of the week. I guess I'm not as biased and one-eyed as some of you. It just annoys me that howlers like that get chalked up to..."Oh well, at least it didn't decide the game..."

Only a fucking lemming would think like that. A lemming who has been weened on the Channel Nine Commentary, who has been weened on a 24 hour RL channel that offers nothing in the way of coverage of real issues that are plaguing this great game.

I can't fucking stand it. I know deep down that Rugby League will survive. Somewhere, somehow. The NRL can go up in flames for all I care...and something better can be built on its ashes.

The tackle was not complete.

Because the ref didn't say it was complete. So therefore, it was play on and what happened after was well within the rules.

Milford kept trying to get the ball down and the ball came out the back. He didn't flick it back.

The tackle was not complete.

Because the ref didn't say it was complete. So therefore, it was play on and what happened after was well within the rules.

Bullshit. Momentum had stopped. He was held. Any day of the week. That was a tackle.

But you do, somewhat inadvertently, bring up a good point.

Only in the in-goal can you thrash around and reef and roam and try and score... despite all momentum being stopped.

I honestly think it was part Milford trying to roll over/manoeuvre to clearly plant the ball (because they give players about 5 attempts to do so nowadays) and part Souths trying to stop that happening. Hence arms pushing and pulling everywhere and the ball comes out. Most of the time you see it comes out forward and deemed a knock-on.

our attack has been a shambles and i really think we are missing Hunt out there.

Because we looked so much better organised when Hunt was in the team......?

No, when Hunt was playing,
largely we were complaining because he couldn't organise shit. Some of you have very short memories.

I actually think Milford is looking better without Hunt, and is taking (or at least trying to) control of our game more than Hunt ever would. Milford will just have to learn how to balance this with his running game. It'll take some time.

There is so much expectation on Milford's shoulders that if he doesn't get something right immediately, he is canned by the usual crowd for not really being a half and he should be playing fullback. It's crap. He is a very good half who is still learning how to play all his cards right.....at the right time.

I honestly think it was part Milford trying to roll over/manoeuvre to clearly plant the ball (because they give players about 5 attempts to do so nowadays) and part Souths trying to stop that happening. Hence arms pushing and pulling everywhere and the ball comes out. Most of the time you see it comes out forward and deemed a knock-on.

Yeah true. The other problem is referees refusing to make a call until play is dead.

If he's held - grow some fucking balls and call "Held!"

If he's held up - grow some fucking balls and say "Held up."

Do not wait for an eternity until the ball is dead and chicken shit out and refer it upstairs for the video ref to make an even bigger cockhead of himself than the on-field ref.

Because we looked so much better organised when Hunt was in the team......?

No, when Hunt was playing,
largely we were complaining because he couldn't organise shit. Some of you have very short memories.

I actually think Milford is looking better without Hunt, and is taking (or at least trying to) control of our game more than Hunt ever would. Milford will just have to learn how to balance this with his running game. It'll take some time.

There is so much expectation on Milford's shoulders that if he doesn't get something right immediately, he is canned by the usual crowd for not really being a half and he should be playing fullback. It's crap. He is a very good half who is still learning how to play all his cards right.....at the right time.

Absolutely!

It beggars belief that people think we are struggling without Hunt.

Kodi is the real deal. He just needs some time. Milford is going great too.

Ben Hunt...have fun in Kogarah.

Bullshit. Momentum had stopped. He was held. Any day of the week. That was a tackle.

But you do, somewhat inadvertently, bring up a good point.

Only in the in-goal can you thrash around and reef and roam and try and score... despite all momentum being stopped.

This is exactly why it was a try.

When you're trying to score a try, they always allow that bit of extra time provided you're trying to get the ball down.

From the time Milford crossed that line and the ball came out the back, it was just under 2 seconds.

He failed the first time and then tried to spin around which he was entitled to do. The ball came out the back and then Moga scores.

But as I said earlier in the thread, it never should have got to that point. There was not 100% conclusive evidence that the ball did not touch that ground at some point. The fact that the bunker kept looking at it over and over again says that there was some doubt. Based on the on-field ruling, it should have been called try then and there.

The Moga "try" should not have been a try.

The tackle was complete. Anyone with the brain output equivalent to a Volkswagen beetle could see that. If anyone who looked at that decision and thought "Well good! We never get the rub of the green! About bloody time!"

Congratulations! You are part of the fucking problem with Rugby League in this country.

FFS Milford threw the ball away because he was trying to sell the try!!! It wasn't play on. Only the most die hard, biased Broncos fan would say it was.

It was a no try. Any day of the week. I guess I'm not as biased and one-eyed as some of you. It just annoys me that howlers like that get chalked up to..."Oh well, at least it didn't decide the game..."

Only a fucking lemming would think like that. A lemming who has been weened on the Channel Nine Commentary, who has been weened on a 24 hour RL channel that offers nothing in the way of coverage of real issues that are plaguing this great game.

I can't fucking stand it. I know deep down that Rugby League will survive. Somewhere, somehow. The NRL can go up in flames for all I care...and something better can be built on its ashes.
By the rules Milford should have been awarded the try. Forget everything else. It was ruled a try going up for review. There was not one shot that conclusively said otherwise, only conjecture. But! If it was not try, then by definition: no, it could not have been held up as the ref did not blow the whistle. You can say we were lucky or not, but to score it, Milford had to be within a breadth of distance, smaller than Sam thaiday's leftovers.
To say it is OK to say Milford did not score based on what happened behind players bodies, in contrast to the on field ref's decision, is somehow an injustice is ridiculous.
As for the field goal, it was let go on real time. I thought it was a brilliant pick up of a very poor pass, but apparently if you slow it down a thousand times it somehow becomes an obvious knock-on. Fair enough, but be prepared to be dissenchanted quite a bit more.

This is exactly why it was a try.

When you're trying to score a try, they always allow that bit of extra time provided you're trying to get the ball down.

From the time Milford crossed that line and the ball came out the back, it was just under 2 seconds.

He failed the first time and then tried to spin around which he was entitled to do. The ball came out the back and then Moga scores.

But as I said earlier in the thread, it never should have got to that point. There was not 100% conclusive evidence that the ball did not touch that ground at some point. The fact that the bunker kept looking at it over and over again says that there was some doubt. Based on the on-field ruling, it should have been called try then and there.

The only reason the ball came out the back is because Milford threw it away... trying to sell the try.

Just like the field goal... y'know how he started walking back, fist pumping? Trying to sell the fact he didn't knock on.

The Milford knock on, you could make an argument that it wasn't a knock on.

He touches the ball with his right hand. But before the ball touches the ground, his fingers on his left hand grips the ball.

From that point, there was actually no separation.

There is nothing in the rules that says you need to grip it with your whole hand.

By the rules Milford should have been awarded the try. Forget everything else. It was ruled a try going up for review. There was not one shot that conclusively said otherwise, only conjecture. But! If it was not try, then by definition: no, it could not have been held up as the ref did not blow the whistle. You can say we were lucky or not, but to score it, Milford had to be within a breadth of distance, smaller than Sam thaiday's leftovers.
To say it is OK to say Milford did not score based on what happened behind players bodies, in contrast to the on field ref's decision, is somehow an injustice is ridiculous.
As for the field goal, it was let go on real time. I thought it was a brilliant pick up of a very poor pass, but apparently if you slow it down a thousand times it somehow becomes an obvious knock-on. Fair enough, but be prepared to be dissenchanted quite a bit more.

I posted a few weeks ago about how the Bunker have been instructed by the NRL that they can only rule on the ball going between the sticks if it is sent up for referral.

Admittedly, this game did not go to golden point but the theory is the same. If a game is in the balance, infringements, errors and indiscretions get ignored.

Any touch judge, pocket referees, heck, even main referee would've seen that as a knock on.

That bothers me. It also bothers me that most RL fans aren't bothered by it.

The Milford knock on, you could make an argument that it wasn't a knock on.

He touches the ball with his right hand. But before the ball touches the ground, his fingers on his left hand grips the ball.

From that point, there was actually no separation.

There is nothing in the rules that says you need to grip it with your whole hand.

He touches the ball and the ball hit the ground and he did not have full control of it. It is a knock on. But anyways, agree to disagree.

Milford knocked on without a doubt in my opinion.

He should have been awarded the try, once it went up as such, and justice was done when Moga ended up with it instead, as the fuckwit in the bunker was about ready to deny the try based on no evidence, when Klein told him to look further at the ball coming out of the melee, raked out by a souffs player.

We got lucky for once, as we normally cop this sort of shit against us. The Korbin try is so wrong, despite being legal, and twice we got away lucky with tries being denied, even if for correct infractions.

Milford is clearly in a game control learning process, jumping the gun at times, still lacking confidence in his ability and lacking overall awareness, which will serve him well in his decision making process.
No shocking errors this time, even if he did knock on once when he took the line on. Still kicked reasonably well, uncomplicated things in both Oates tries, pretty much scored the Moga try himself, and kicked the winning field goal despite a howler of a Macca pass (which btw occurs way too often in the last 20). Still, the expectations on the bloke here are unbelievable!

I don't get the "we miss Hunt and his organisation" remarks. What organisation?
Of course, KNik isn't a halfback, and I really don't expect him to become one, or at least what we need. But he's doing a pretty good job on the right side, defends well for his pint size, and although Ben's kicking is better than Kodi's, the latter is much more efficient at getting Roberts and especially Gillett into space, giving the right side an extra dimension.

In fact, Gillett has looked more threatening attacking wise in the last 2 games, than in the last 2 years with Hunt next to him.
Too bad his flick pass hit the souffs player on his line break, as it would've been a glorious try to Mead other wise I reckon.
Matty also saved us from defeat in case people missed it, as despite not quite efficiently, he covered the gap and his tackle was enough to stop Jennings' from an almost unobstructed run at the try line in the very last play, besides forcing him just into touch.

Speaking of Mead. He had a pretty horrendous game, and is a better player than that. But it showed how much we did miss Kahu, whom would've gobbled those kicks up with ease, or wouldn't have been caught out in no man's land, like in the Jennings try.

I was curious how Ofa would go... no mistakes, 13 tackles, 9 runs for 84 mtrs and 1 tackle break in 24 minutes. Not bad at all, and enough to keep the spot.

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • Old Mate
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • phoenix
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.