Josh McGuire's stats.

14 runs for 136 metres.
1 tackle break.
25 tackles.
2 missed tackles.
3 ineffective tackles.

Those are unusual stats from him.
That's my bad... I had him as super coach captain

Sure we had one or 2 lucky calls tonight but the Rabbits lay all over us for an eternity every time we are in their 10 and Farah threw a forward pass every second set, not to mention Milfs effort being sent up as a try and insufficient evidence to overturn. LU is losing its shit you would think the refs gave us a penalty every set. Well worth a read for anyone looking for a good laugh.

If we can imagine Reynolds was playing, let's imagine Kahu was playing too - which cancels out the tries scored by mead's inability under the high ball. Kahu catches all of those kicks.

These refs though. Seriously inept.

His passing as always been bad, and it's the main reason for the anti-McCullough force. He's a tough player and does a lot in defence, but his passing and decision making is below par so much of the time.

He's not a fast runner either. He gets run down very quickly on the odd occasion he makes a break.
Was it Heargreaves who fell for McCullough's dummy recently? That would have been embarrassing.

If we can imagine Reynolds was playing, let's imagine Kahu was playing too - which cancels out the tries scored by mead's inability under the high ball. Kahu catches all of those kicks.

These refs though. Seriously inept.

Not so sure Kahu catches those kicks.

He's had some shockers when pressure is put on him.

Cowboys game comes to mind..

Why does Sterling hate the Broncos so much?

And he loves the Burgesses. He was the main voice saying Sam Burgess did nothing wrong when he shoulder charged Milf's head. One thing I noticed though is he actually hates Melbourne more than us. I was surprised when we played them he seemed to be favouring us which is the first time I have ever seen that.

Josh McGuire's stats.

14 runs for 136 metres.
1 tackle break.
25 tackles.
2 missed tackles.
3 ineffective tackles.

Those are unusual stats from him.

You know you've got a good player when his worst game of the season still gives you 136 running metres and 25 tackles.

Why does Sterling hate the Broncos so much?

He's jealous of our success. look at what parra did to his hair, that shiny dome is directly related to parras success since he retired.

Mead and Roberts always planned to let the opposition catch the bombs in certain situations then wrap them up. Not sure the coaches will get them to do anything differently in the future. Rough game, f....

Mead and Roberts always planned to let the opposition catch the bombs in certain situations then wrap them up. Not sure the coaches will get them to do anything differently in the future. Rough game, f....
If Mead gets a game

i dont have much issue with the moga try. play it in fast motion and i have seen tackles go on longer before the player is aloud to flick it out. its just the nsw biased commentators that make the fans think it was a cheated try.

What about passing it off the ground though?

Maybe from now on we kick a field goal in our first set down the oppositions end and get it out of the way. Pretty poor second half and somehow moga wins it for us. This is some parallel universe stuff
lol, that cracked me up.

Hearing Johns complain about how the game not being played in slo-mo makes no sense. The "controversial" decisions were made to look more controversial when they were slowed down. In real time, Milford looks to catch the ball well enough for his field goal, and wasn't on the ground all that long for the Moga kick. Bloke seems to have gotten his criticisms all mixed about.

Far from the most convincing win for the Broncos, I think tonight's contest demonstrates the difference between a top side and a bottom 8 side.

Souths had well and truly won the physical contest but couldn't convert their opportunities, allowing the Broncos to take the ascendancy. One moment saw Hymel Hunt drop the ball cold allowing the Broncos to race up field where they eventually laid on some tries and the other was right when Souths should have sown up the game. Mead made an absolute meal of a kick and instead of playing within the rules, Goodwin's lax interpretation of the rules got in the way.

And Souths kept doing it to themselves. There was the Sam Burgess penalty right before half-time which extended the Broncos lead and then the real kicker when George Burgess laid Milford out with a dumb shoulder charge. As unlucky as they were with the Moga try and the Milford field goal, it was those moments that cost them.

Even at the death, Farah went to the wrong player. Bryson Goodwin had set up for the field goal out the back and instead of going to him, Farah decides to play flat for Walker who has a skinny blind-side to work with. It was a risky play and ultimately it's what hurt them.

The Broncos performance reminded me a lot of their past effort at ANZ. You'd hardly say they were at control at any point, but it appeared they had their opposition's measure until a series of bad mistakes gave the opposition all the momentum and they struggled to take it back. The difference was the quality of the opposition, Souths made Brisbane's life a lot easier and the Broncos were able to capitilise.

Also call me crazy, but I thought the late changes suited Souths. Moving Sutton to five-eighth enabled them to play their power game, which Brisbane found difficult to handle and brought Walker more into the action and he really troubled the Broncos defence more than he otherwise would have. On top of that, Hunt bolstered their backline, giving them some much needed balance as Burns has proven to be a liability.

What about passing it off the ground though?

If the ball or the ball carrying arm never touched the ground then I believe he was well within the rules to flick it out the back.

But I actually think a Souths player knocked it out and that's what allowed Moga to score.

The problem I had is that it never should have got to that point.

You couldn't say for sure Milford didn't get that ball down at some point and last week Gallen was awarded a very similar try where you couldn't see the ball touching the ground but you could see it was off the ground on the first attempt and they awarded it due to lack of evidence.

Far from the most convincing win for the Broncos, I think tonight's contest demonstrates the difference between a top side and a bottom 8 side.

Souths had well and truly won the physical contest but couldn't convert their opportunities, allowing the Broncos to take the ascendancy. One moment saw Hymel Hunt drop the ball cold allowing the Broncos to race up field where they eventually laid on some tries and the other was right when Souths should have sown up the game. Mead made an absolute meal of a kick and instead of playing within the rules, Goodwin's lax interpretation of the rules got in the way.

And Souths kept doing it to themselves. There was the Sam Burgess penalty right before half-time which extended the Broncos lead and then the real kicker when George Burgess laid Milford out with a dumb shoulder charge. As unlucky as they were with the Moga try and the Milford field goal, it was those moments that cost them.

Even at the death, Farah went to the wrong player. Bryson Goodwin had set up for the field goal out the back and instead of going to him, Farah decides to play flat for Walker who has a skinny blind-side to work with. It was a risky play and ultimately it's what hurt them.

The Broncos performance reminded me a lot of their past effort at ANZ. You'd hardly say they were at control at any point, but it appeared they had their opposition's measure until a series of bad mistakes gave the opposition all the momentum and they struggled to take it back. The difference was the quality of the opposition, Souths made Brisbane's life a lot easier and the Broncos were able to capitilise.

Also call me crazy, but I thought the late changes suited Souths. Moving Sutton to five-eighth enabled them to play their power game, which Brisbane found difficult to handle and brought Walker more into the action and he really troubled the Broncos defence more than he otherwise would have. On top of that, Hunt bolstered their backline, giving them some much needed balance as Burns has proven to be a liability.

To be fair to farah Goodwin was never going to kick that field goal from that angle being a left footer. Not that he was probably thinking that way. Walker probably just overcalled Goodwin. If the pass from the inside bloke to the winger was on his chest he may have been a shot to dive in the corner. Was a weird game like Bennett said in his press conference.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • vertigo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bert_lifts
  • Spoon
  • Emanon
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • pennywisealfie
  • The Don
  • Financeguy
  • The Strapper
  • simplythebest
  • broncs30
  • Maddy
  • Accept
  • MrTickyMcG
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.