Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I can understand the eye fatigue from the members here , but we came from behind twice to win a tight one. Souths momentum in the second half was huge . They are positive signs .

I'm sorry to say I don't share your enthusiasm. We should never have let them back in it in the first place. We had our foot on their throat, and they scored 24 points.

Penalty shootout come on wanderers

1. Boyd - I thought he was fantastic, those two passes to Oates were stunning but that tackle late in the game probably won it indirectly. 9
2. Oates - Those two tries were a thing of beauty, as were his usual strong runs. Dropped the ball in the only blemish BUT for channeling the great Minto, his score can only be perfect. 10
3. Roberts - Isn't he just a gun! Threatened every chance he got, turned nothing into something all night. 8
4. Moga - Yes he gave away a stupid penalty and a dumb offload but other than that, he was quite impressive, definite improvement. 7
17. Mead - Worse than Moga a few weeks ago, he almost single-handedly lost the game and that is not an exaggeration. He got pulled, it would have been better to have 16 players out there. I don't think I can think of anything positive he did. My first ever awarded donut. 0
6. Milford - He set up the match leveling try somewhat fortuitously, he got a great drop goal off a fairly typical drop that went unseen. He was the very definition of rocks and diamonds. 6
7. KNik - Here's the thing, yes he went missing, yes he kicked it out on the full, yes he looked lost at times BUT he is so new in the role and the two plusses are big, very big. 1. His pass to Gillett that Gillett unfortunately stuffed up showed class and he tends to pop up with his hand up when the pressure goes up, he is just so calm as well. 2. His defense is really good, he is not a liability at all. Just give him time, he is class. 5
16. Ese'ese - I thought he was ok without being great but given how well he has gone this season, that's ok.
9. McCullough - Solid as ever in defense but those weaknesses in decision making in the red zone were there for all to see once again. That drop could have been so costly. 6
10. Blair - He really does just keep doing all those 1% plays all night. I would like to see him up his power in his runs but not a big criticism. 6
14. Glenn - He runs such great lines, he runs with so much gusto but he is just not making any impact at present. Tonight was marginally better. 5
12. Gillett - He was as strong as ever in defense but made some glaring errors tonight. That ball from KNik is exactly what he is needing but dropping it or pushing a pass is not doing him any favours. 7
13. McGuire - He produces massive stats, he really does but is doing nothing he didn't do at prop except not offloading on the fourth tackle and providing nothing in terms of second phase play. 7

11. Thaiday - I get why he is on the bench and he is providing a lot of impact so can't fault the strategy. Maybe start Su'a and give Glenn time in reserve grade. I thought Sam was really good overall except for some goal line defense problems. 6
8. Sims - He made such a difference when he came on. Huge impact and in his own words, 'showed footy smarts by letting it roll eleven meters and not ten'. Great game. 8
15. Joffa - He looked like a man with a point to prove tonight and did everything with urgency. Really good game. 8
21. Pearson - Came on late to replace the disgraceful Mead and didn't really have to do much. However, he is quick, you can see it, it's exciting and wild love to see him and Roberts in space. Will get his chance I'm sure. 4

I'm sorry to say I don't share your enthusiasm. We should never have let them back in it in the first place. We had our foot on their throat, and they scored 24 points.

The shop closed at half time. Very very lucky to get the win. But the more wins we jag without hunt and leading up to origin, the better.

Oh and by the way, if Souths had Reynolds we probably lose that by 20+, it was only by the grace of them having a kicking game as bad as ours that we managed to hang on there.

It may be time to consider giving Murphy or Scarlett a game, at least test the waters, we need at least SOME form of organisation out there, I can't handle watching 4 more weeks of this crud.

Yes. I know what you're saying, but faith was never lost, that's a good thing . Could it be better, of course. But I'd rather be winning these games than losing them.

7. KNik - Here's the thing, yes he went missing, yes he kicked it out on the full, yes he looked lost at times BUT he is so new in the role and the two plusses are big, very big. 1. His pass to Gillett that Gillett unfortunately stuffed up showed class and he tends to pop up with his hand up when the pressure goes up, he is just so calm as well. 2. His defense is really good, he is not a liability at all. Just give him time, he is class. 5

His runs and passes do look quality. He needs to show he can get more involved quickly though, Hunt will be back sooner or later.
Milford also needs to learn how to lead a side.

man some ppl saying we look lost without hunt. are u all fogetting the first few games with him..... we loooked absolutly no differant go back and watcht he games. i actually think milf looked alot better without hunt there sure hes a little rough with some decisions but he put in some nice kicks and passes.......

we look lost now in attack just as much as we do with hunt in it.. i have no idea if some of you watch a differant game or what.

Imo he hasn't improved. He's keeping his knock on stats right up there though. Was it 3 tonight? (one won't show up in the stats though).
Hunt on the other hand has been playing hard up until his injury. Also sending it to the left has been instant shut down with Milf knocking it on or Moga hogging it until passing at the worst possible moment.

Oh and by the way, if Souths had Reynolds we probably lose that by 20+, it was only by the grace of them having a kicking game as bad as ours that we managed to hang on there.

It may be time to consider giving Murphy or Scarlett a game, at least test the waters, we need at least SOME form of organisation out there, I can't handle watching 4 more weeks of this crud.
Scored most of their points from kicks BTW.

Mead was shit, glad he was hooked. I guess Pearson will be hooked next week based on what's been happening lol.

The opposition #4 was abysmal in defence. It's a shame we had Moga there, someone better would have won us the game earlier.

McCullough's final pass for Milford was disgusting. So glad the refs missed the knock on.

Kodi needs to get involved more. He looks good with the ball, he just doesn't have enough of it.

But I'm just happy to get the win, with the refs on our side.

McCullough's passing inside the opposition 20 is fucking diabolical. It wasn't just tonight. His passing in prime attacking real estate is woeful. The only reason it's an issue now is because by some fucking miracle (or refereeing incompetence) an actual point was scored from it.

Much praise is heaped on guys like Boyd for their no look passing. They pretty much have to pass without looking because Macca is so fucking slow getting the ball to them.

Still makes a shit load of tackles though...so that's something.

Referring howlers in this game? Yes but l do not care at all, nice to be on the other side. Nobody gives 2 shits when we get screwed, not even a mention. So cry a fat one, those 2 points are all that matters.

Life after Hunt looks not so bright but need to have faith in Wayne.

It's a trend that teams lift for games against Broncos and we don't keep the intensity we have against Cowboys and Storm as these are the games we lift for. We won at the end of the day.

On a side note how the **** are you meant to follow these type of games in your older days? Heart attack material.

Last edited:
Fargin!!! I don't know what to think of that one but any win without a decent halfback is a good win. At least we all know that there is plenty of room for improvement. How was that Moga try allowed? Just when you think you have seen everything in this sport.....

No way should milf have been denied , sent up a try no conclusive proof he didn't ground it. Those dumb ***** complicate things for themselves every year. All they had to do was say we can't see the ball , going with the onfield decision, simples. Most ppl would cop that if consistent.

Scored most of their points from kicks BTW.

No they didn't, they scored most of their points from Mead. Imagine if the kicks he was attempting to take were actually good?

Yeah we're damn lucky Reynolds was out, he would have caned Mead's ass

McCullough's passing inside the opposition 20 is fucking diabolical. It wasn't just tonight. His passing in prime attacking real estate is woeful. The only reason it's an issue now is because by some fucking miracle (or refereeing incompetence) an actual point was scored from it.

Much praise is heaped on guys like Boyd for their no look passing. They pretty much have to pass without looking because Macca is so fucking slow getting the ball to them.

Still makes a shit load of tackles though...so that's something.
I really paid attention to Macca tonight and you are spot on. His passing is bog average. So many times we had them on the back foot with the halves running onto it only to get a shit pass behind them, halting any advantage we had. Fucking frustrating

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • JamesC
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.