POST GAME Round 8 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos

Oh and by the way, if Souths had Reynolds we probably lose that by 20+, it was only by the grace of them having a kicking game as bad as ours that we managed to hang on there.

It may be time to consider giving Murphy or Scarlett a game, at least test the waters, we need at least SOME form of organisation out there, I can't handle watching 4 more weeks of this crud.
No way. Kodi is improving. He'll get better

View attachment 1260

This was the pic in question. God they don't help themselves. If Sutton and his mates in the bunker got it right in the first place he would probably keep his job next week
He hadn't called time off yet.. Plus he's only spotting the mark of the potential Milford try that he saw. Call is still play on til the ball is dead or time stopped

Certainly not an impressive win by us but at least they held in there.

I thought the fist try to Souths was no try .Mead was taken out in the air .The Souths player not contesting the ball IMO.

The worst part of our game was the disorganisation of our attack when in the red zone. I think this has been a pronblem all year. it should be fixable.

In defence of the boys ,I thought Souths were pretty good. When the Burgess boys play to their ability like they did last night , they are a real handful. Also the Souths kicking game was pretty spot on despite the loss of Reynolds.

Moga at least played better. All the fowards were fairly good again.

The crowd was poor as was the atmosphere. A small crowd in a big stadium is not a good look for our game.

I'm not sure about the fiddly bits in the rules of the game, so I don't know 100% if Moga's was a try or not. To my eye, there was enough evidence to say Milford didn't ground the ball in goal (I know some people won't agree with that). You can see that the ball wasn't on the ground before it was obscured, and that it didnt get any lower once it was. So no try at that point, and I think tackle completed if you're anywhere else on the field.

The ball comes out, and from what I saw, it wasn't passed by Milford, it was pushed out by the Rabbits. This is the bit I'm not sure on technically. Is it a strip in attempting to ground the ball? I don't know if it's play on there or not, or a penalty for a strip.

I thought the fist try to Souths was no try .Mead was taken out in the air .The Souths player not contesting the ball IMO.

Absolutely!

The non existent refereeing of the ruck also suited Souths, they slowed down the play the ball all night, it really kept their big forwards in the game.

Milfords try should have definitely been awarded, the ref signaled it as a try and there wasn't anything conclusive to say that he didn't score.

The Moga "try" should not have been a try.

The tackle was complete. Anyone with the brain output equivalent to a Volkswagen beetle could see that. If anyone who looked at that decision and thought "Well good! We never get the rub of the green! About bloody time!"

Congratulations! You are part of the fucking problem with Rugby League in this country.

FFS Milford threw the ball away because he was trying to sell the try!!! It wasn't play on. Only the most die hard, biased Broncos fan would say it was.

It was a no try. Any day of the week. I guess I'm not as biased and one-eyed as some of you. It just annoys me that howlers like that get chalked up to..."Oh well, at least it didn't decide the game..."

Only a fucking lemming would think like that. A lemming who has been weened on the Channel Nine Commentary, who has been weened on a 24 hour RL channel that offers nothing in the way of coverage of real issues that are plaguing this great game.

I can't fucking stand it. I know deep down that Rugby League will survive. Somewhere, somehow. The NRL can go up in flames for all I care...and something better can be built on its ashes.

Milford 'threw the ball away' with the help of Souths players as they pushed it out.

If you are going to call people idiots you might want to make sure you don't come across that way yourself.

Milf definitely knocked on catching the ball for the field goal.

Despite there not being conclusive evidence to overturn, I'm OK with the No Try decision. I know the system requires conclusive evidence which was lacking but there was sufficient, compelling evidence to suggest it was not grounded.

As far as play thereafter, from my perspective, the ball was stripped in the act of scoring, and Moga is entitled to play at it.

Likely the play should have been called held up at that point, but it hadn't. Therefore, play on.

Maybe he did bobble it as Milf was pretty tame in his celebration after kicking the field goal. I actually thought he missed at first.

The crowd was poor as was the atmosphere. A small crowd in a big stadium is not a good look for our game.

Couldn't agree more with this and the NRL really need to pull their finger out.

I watched the last half of the Roar game and the crowd and atmosphere was amazing. Yes, it was an EF but I have been to mid season Roar games with the stadium half full and the atmosphere and crowd involvement is still phenomenal.

Just plain shit all round. Shit from both teams, complete shit from the refs, shit crowd and the commentary, you guessed it!

NRL are losing the plot with this reffing.

I got tired of the channel 9 commentary. Someone tell them easter was last week and to leave their bunny costumes at home. If they had a set of red and green pompoms in that box, it wouldn't have surprised me at all.
Sure we got some good calls and a lucky try to sims. We were robbed at the death by Melbourne and if not for some average wing play and some good kicks, South's would not have been in it. Add to that the constant rubbish in the ruck, shoulder charges, and some soft broncos goal line defence and South's compete. But seriously they were crap and got what they deserved. On a side note, how many forward passes were missed. Its pretty evident you got lucky when the bunny fans themselves groan at their teams passes, and they're still missed.
Dont forget the knock on try by the cowboys against us just before half time...big momentum changer in that game, but no blow up from the media about that one.

Couldn't agree more with this and the NRL really need to pull their finger out.

I watched the last half of the Roar game and the crowd and atmosphere was amazing. Yes, it was an EF but I have been to mid season Roar games with the stadium half full and the atmosphere and crowd involvement is still phenomenal.

So what can the NRL do here... tell Souths they can't play at ANZ because they have fucak all supporters and they have to play in the park until they get more. Sure the NRL has problems, but what the **** are souths doing to get their fans to the game. None of the usual excuses apply here... weather fine, decent kick off time, kids don't have school tomorrow, Burgess let off at judiciary, playing decent opposition. **** it, how about the clubs get off their arses and promote the games, instead of just raking in the money guarantee that ANZ offers its tenants, regardless how many turn up to watch. Don't souths have something like 35000 plus members??

So what can the NRL do here... tell Souths they can't play at ANZ because they have fucak all supporters and they have to play in the park until they get more. Sure the NRL has problems, but what the **** are souths doing to get their fans to the game. None of the usual excuses apply here... weather fine, decent kick off time, kids don't have school tomorrow, Burgess let off at judiciary, playing decent opposition. **** it, how about the clubs get off their arses and promote the games, instead of just raking in the money guarantee that ANZ offers its tenants, regardless how many turn up to watch. Don't souths have something like 35000 plus members??

Yeh. So much for all the Souffs bragging about having more members than any other team. We apparently have less members but always get 3-4 times more fans to EVERY game

Happy for the win but what crap game.
Milford is like the Tigers lot, they longer the negotiations go on the less money he can demand.
In my opinion his tackling technique has got to the point that he is almost a turnstile.
I shit myself every time the opposition has a right side attacking raid, not just with MILF but with Moga.
I felt sorry for Macca when they both left it to him to defend the try line, I'm a massive fan of Macca & I know that some here aren't but nobody can deny he give 100% effort every time he plays for us.
Niko doesn't look like is is a long term option at 7 to me.
A pattern is developing when we have the game in the bag by half time and we let the opposition run over the top of us in the second half.
I think we have the team to go deep this year but something doesn't seem right at present.
It's almost like they go into the game thinking it will be easy and the 2 points are a formality.
When I think about the games against Roosters, Melb. NQ, Sharkes, Canberra, if we offered up the crap that has been severed up against the "lesser teams" the "big 5" would have walked away from us.
A tougher assignment against a desperate Penrith side next week, hope the game faces are back on.
Lucky to get away with that one.......AGAIN

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • thenry
  • Jason Simmons
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.