Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I thought as well that Souths first try should not have been awarded.

Just because a chaser jumps in the air does not mean he is going for the ball. That Souths player wasn't even looking at the ball. He jumped solely to interfere with our player.

Last edited:
I thought as well that Souths first try should not have been awarded.

Just you because a chaser jumps in the air does not mean he is going for the ball. That Souths player wasn't even looking at the ball. He jumped solely to interfere with our player.

Yeh funny how we have been penalized for exactly the same thing. As have many teams. But just as many if not many more have not.

It's one of my pet hates how chasers and catchers are taken out by defenders. We do it too.

There are all those frikin refs there and they only seen it when it seems to suit them.

Yeh funny how we have been penalized for exactly the same thing. As have many teams. But just as many if not many more have not.

It's one of my pet hates how chasers and catchers are taken out by defenders. We do it too.

There are all those frikin refs there and they only seen it when it seems to suit them.

Absolutely. My other pet peeve is the flop. McCullough got pinged for one (and rightly so). It was a pretty blatant one - but there were probably 20-30 that got overlooked. Cam Smith did it constantly in our game against the Storm.

It seems completely random and arbitrary whenever they decide to blow the whistle.

Absolutely. My other pet peeve is the flop. McCullough got pinged for one (and rightly so). It was a pretty blatant one - but there were probably 20-30 that got overlooked. Cam Smith did it constantly in our game against the Storm.

It seems completely random and arbitrary whenever they decide to blow the whistle.
It's a great square up penalty

542a2487488627e0ff6a67bd9d31f700.jpg

Referees boss said today that the tackle was complete and play should not have continued. Perfectly backs up my opinion that Milford knew he was held and since he was over the line he tried to release the ball and sell the try.

Anyways, it's not like being wrong yet again has stopped you before.

The referees boss did not say Milford threw it away, so it doesn't back up your point. Keep trying though, you have the great Talanoa's support.

As to this jumping to take out defenders, I'm a bit of 2 minds on this one. On the 1 hand, it is spectacular to watch, but on the other, it really encourages the defenders to do a thing which is basically banned: that of shepherding. Ok , so technically, they arent, but players to position themselves to protect the catcher whilst the attackers are encourages to do the opposite and impede him. Its meant to be a contest of leaping and catching, but has deteriated into a choreographed ballet of players timing their imposition or protections of catchers, which are 9/10 the defenders. The attacking "catcher" is purely to disrupt the defending catcher, UNLESS he doesn't compete. Then its a game of tying up before he passes. I guess I prefer the idea, that you follow the rules, playing to win, rather than basically "gaming" them.

Blocking is illegal but the refs choose to ignore it. It falls into a long line of rules the refs choose to ignore for "the good of the game

The referees boss did not say Milford threw it away, so it doesn't back up your point. Keep trying though, you have the great Talanoa's support.

Heh...I see what you did there.

Personally I'm still waiting for @Porthoz Why hast thou forsaken me?

Right here is actually when Milford's fingers on his left hand grip the ball.

As you can see, the ball is just above the ground.

From that moment on, the ball never comes away from his fingers.

I can understand the controversy, but you don't need to grip the ball with your whole hand.

Vlcsnap 2017 04 22 23h35m15s223

Right here is actually when Milford's fingers on his left hand grip the ball.

As you can see, the ball is just above the ground.

From that moment on, the ball never comes away from his fingers.

I can understand the controversy, but you don't need to grip the ball with your whole hand.

View attachment 1265

That's a good point.

It really was hairline, split second stuff.

I don't think you can say he had 100% control of the ball - do the rules say you really need to? I'm not sure.

There was also no telltale signs - like a 'bobble' of the ball, which Bennett, pointed out in the press conference.

Crucially as well, Milford didn't make a second effort. Sometimes it's very subtle but when there's a knock on players make that little effort to regather the ball.

Even if the calls were technically correct, I think we can all agree that the Broncos got lucky.

That's been the story for the Broncos the past two weeks and they've got to make the most of it. From one perspective you could say the Broncos were gifted the win, but if they can build on the positives of that comeback then it doesn't come across as so undeserved.

I'm curious to see how much Milford takes out of that win. At the death, he proved the difference which is a far cry from what we saw of him against the Cowboys where he seemingly can't handle the pressure.

Watch us get screwed the rest of the year as a result tho

Really what we need to take away from these games is when you are on top go for the throat and don't stop. I'm not sure what it is but we seem to go missing in the middle 20 of the 2nd half and it has been happening for years.

Really what we need to take away from these games is when you are on top go for the throat and don't stop. I'm not sure what it is but we seem to go missing in the middle 20 of the 2nd half and it has been happening for years.

The refs don't let us. "Closest competition ever".

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Swordfish
  • Big Del
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • Redux
  • Organix
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.