Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
It's stil learly season, we've got some much easier games coming up. I feel like the injuries/suspensions are a good opportunity to bring some fresh blood in. Who knows, maybe Haas will get a go while Lodge is out? Maybe Scarlett or Dargan will come in for McCullough and turn out to be what we need?

BroncsNBundy

BroncsNBundy

NYC Player
Contributor
Jul 29, 2013
What scares me is Bennett will probably go with bird at 5/8. Nikorima offered more in one play then bird did the entire game.

Bird was a horrible signing. Overweight and he isn’t a 5/8. He seriously looks like he has put on 20kg after leaving the sharks. It’s a joke!

I honestly don’t care about the season anymore. This year is the first time I have ever no got excited about watching the boys on the weekends. I’m sick of one out running, no structure and nobody have a fucking clue what’s going on. I don’t know what they do at training all week but their time obviously isn’t spent working on combinations and set plays.

Aint fans a fickle bunch. Last week it was Jack the saviour. This week he sucks. We need to settle on a halves combo and give it time to work. And sorry Donny this is not directly aimed at you

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
What scares me is Bennett will probably go with bird at 5/8. Nikorima offered more in one play then bird did the entire game.

Bird was a horrible signing. Overweight and he isn’t a 5/8. He seriously looks like he has put on 20kg after leaving the sharks. It’s a joke!

I honestly don’t care about the season anymore. This year is the first time I have ever no got excited about watching the boys on the weekends. I’m sick of one out running, no structure and nobody have a fucking clue what’s going on. I don’t know what they do at training all week but their time obviously isn’t spent working on combinations and set plays.
I feel the same way. It's sad to watch and it's embarrassing to be a Broncos supporter atm. We used to be the benchmark but tonight and for many years, the Storm show us what the benchmark is.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Just a month in coming back from a shoulder reconstruction and you're already writing him off as a bad signing?

Bloody hell...

Nothing I’ve seen so far makes me think otherwise. He is overweight by a long way. His defence on chambers for that last try was terrible. He doesn’t offer anything in attack when playing 5/8. When he does play there the pressure put on Milford is doubled because our 5/8 isn’t offering anything.

If he losses 20kg and gets back to his Cronulla weight then he might get back to being decent in the centres but if the reported money we paid for him is even close to the mark then he would want to start playing a lot better and soon!

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014

Know how you feel... Henjak and Hook broke my heart then Locky retired and I found myself watching Hoffman run around with a 6 on his back and I went from a die hard fan to not giving a **** over a couple of seasons. Bennett came back and 2015 happened...Some of the recruitment decisions and team management that have played out since then though just make you think 'what the **** is going on'??
I'll always love this team but **** me they can send you insane.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Aint fans a fickle bunch. Last week it was Jack the saviour. This week he sucks. We need to settle on a halves combo and give it time to work. And sorry Donny this is not directly aimed at you

Lol all good but for the record I never called bird the saviour. In fact I don’t think he played all that well last week. I haven’t seen any ball playing ability yet and he certainly can’t kick so if he plays 5/8 it’s going to be a long season

BroncsNBundy

BroncsNBundy

NYC Player
Contributor
Jul 29, 2013
Lol all good but for the record I never called bird the saviour. In fact I don’t think he played all that well last week. I haven’t seen any ball playing ability yet and he certainly can’t kick so if he plays 5/8 it’s going to be a long season

Thats why I said it wasnt aimed you. Lol. You just happened to be the post I chose to quote

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I feel the same way. It's sad to watch and it's embarrassing to be a Broncos supporter atm. We used to be the benchmark but tonight and for many years, the Storm show us what the benchmark is.

‘Fans’ like you make me embarassed to support the same team as you. Harden up, you sound like the biggest fairweather fan going and fans that support teams that have won wooden spoons and been perennial strugglers must shake their heads at guys like you.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013

This. I stood up for Nikorima earlier in the season simply because chopping and changing is a rubbish approach to building a cohesive team and any new combination needs to be given time to work, a handful of games is not sufficient at this level, particularly as it looks like we do 2/5ths of f*ckall at training in terms of woking on combinations, set plays, attacking structures and so forth.

Neither Bird nor Nikorima are the best halves in the world, but we need to settle on one and run with it for the season because otherwise the sort of garbage we have seen from our halves so far this season will definitely continue all year. Giving someone some extended time in the role might just see them grow into it.

Regularly changing them in and out of it most definitely won’t.

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
‘Fans’ like you make me embarassed to support the same team as you. Harden up, you sound like the biggest fairweather fan going and fans that support teams that have won wooden spoons and been perennial strugglers must shake their heads at guys like you.
You can be embarrassed mate, you can say whatever you want and feel however you like, it really doesn't bother me. I'm entitled to feel the way I do and I'm entitled to speak my opinion on a Broncos forum, just like everyone else okay?

Your fairweather fan comment actually made me laugh, thanks for that pal lol. I sound like a fairweather fan because I'm realistic? Are you watching what the rest of us are watching? Your okay with the way we are playing? How low are your expectations? You do realize you "supposedly" follow and support the Brisbane Broncos, right? Do you know our history? Do you know who we are?

This team this season is inconsistent. They lack structure, desire, hunger, enthusiasm and intensity. They are mentally soft and fragile. You can say whatever you want to justify your view on this but this is reality. What's wrong with me expressing this? I'm passionate about my team and I say how I feel. If you don't like it, oh well.

I've been a Broncos supporter since 1993 and have never ever wavered even during the bad times so you assuming makes you look like an ass bud. My passionate views and opinions may come across as a fairweather fan but I've probably been a Broncos supporter longer than you mate.

And I don't care about what other fans from teams think. I support the Brisbane Broncos. I have supported the Broncos for over 20 years. Our club is built on never ever giving up, playing with heart and always doing our best. Expectations have always been high at my club, that will never change. I don't expect a win every week but I expect better than what we've been dishing up. Win a game, loss a game etc. It isn't good enough to win the premiership.

Will we turn it all around? I honestly don't know but I truly hope so. Can we turn it around? If we remain relatively injury free and we have an attitude adjustment then yes. But the entire team has to buy into it. Week in, week out.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings buddy, I didn't know my words would actually make another human being who has never met me all emotional and angry.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
This. I stood up for Nikorima earlier in the season simply because chopping and changing is a rubbish approach to building a cohesive team and any new combination needs to be given time to work, a handful of games is not sufficient at this level, particularly as it looks like we do 2/5ths of f*ckall at training in terms of woking on combinations, set plays, attacking structures and so forth.

Neither Bird nor Nikorima are the best halves in the world, but we need to settle on one and run with it for the season because otherwise the sort of garbage we have seen from our halves so far this season will definitely continue all year. Giving someone some extended time in the role might just see them grow into it.

Regularly changing them in and out of it most definitely won’t.

To be fair though, last week Bird showed some promise without being outstanding but tonight he did suck. Spade a spade. Ultimately, we aren't going to settle on anything, we can only comment on what Wayne settles on. I think he'll go with roughly the same thing, depending on the hooker situation. Bird and Milf in 6 and 7 with Niko coming on early in the second half.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I'm certainly not loving the way we're playing at the moment, but let's not lose sight of how much worse it could be. I remember a period of time under the Griffin regime where I was actively hoping we would lose as it would increase the likelihood of Griffin getting fired and certain players getting axed to QCUP.

Rough, rough times. This is merely a blip on the radar compared to those days.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
As soon as I get over my anger over the Slater try, I'm sure I'll look at that game and find something to be optimistic about.

"They didn't smash us by 40 unanswered points like they usually do". Huzzah?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I think Todd Murphy comes in at 9 for this game.

He was training there in the pre-season.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Broncs are going to struggle for consistency throughout the season with all these injuries, so they just need to hang in to the top eight because once they get the troops back, they'll come home with a wet sail. This is going to be a rough first 60% of the season looking like a million dollars one week and reserve grade standard the next.

That said, the Broncs were so frustrating once again because while the effort is there, the execution is just not happening for whatever reason.

Next week will be:

1. Boyd
2. Isaako (I'm still not sold on this guy to be honest, needs to step it up with Kahu coming back)
3. Roberts
4. Oppa
5. Oates
6. KNik
7. Milf
8. TPJ
9. Bird
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Sims
13. McGuire

14. Dargan
15. Joffa
16. Taga
17. Su'A

Not the team I'd pick entirely but this is what the team will be.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The other thing I will add, is whoever the defensive coach is just doesn't do their job properly. The Broncs seem to get destroyed by offloads week in, week out.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Wolfie
  • Swordfish
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Rambstien
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Aldo
  • Dexter
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Skathen
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.