PRE-GAME Round 8 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Broncs are going to struggle for consistency throughout the season with all these injuries, so they just need to hang in to the top eight because once they get the troops back, they'll come home with a wet sail. This is going to be a rough first 60% of the season looking like a million dollars one week and reserve grade standard the next.

That said, the Broncs were so frustrating once again because while the effort is there, the execution is just not happening for whatever reason.

Next week will be:

1. Boyd
2. Isaako (I'm still not sold on this guy to be honest, needs to step it up with Kahu coming back)
3. Roberts
4. Oppa
5. Oates
6. KNik
7. Milf
8. TPJ
9. Bird
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Sims
13. McGuire

14. Dargan
15. Joffa
16. Taga
17. Su'A

Not the team I'd pick entirely but this is what the team will be.

You think Bird will play hooker? I'd say Nikorima being throw there is more likely. Maybe Thaiday/Niko like last year.

You think Bird will play hooker? I'd say Nikorima being throw there is more likely. Maybe Thaiday/Niko like last year.

Yeah I do think Bird will get put there. Bennett can say the week for Bird in the halves was just temporary to let KNik get his fitness back, Bird gets more ball (which is the catchphrase for the bloke these days) and everyone moves on with looking forward to another loss.

Lodge & McCullough both undoubtedly missing this one.

Expecting:

1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Opacic
5. Isaako
6. Bird
7. Milford
8. Ofahengaue
9. Murphy
10. Pangai Jr
11. Glenn
12. Sims
13. McGuire

14. Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Tagatese
17. Su'A

Not having a go at what you picked but **** me that’s got to be one of the worst benches ever, as an opposition you’d be laughing.

As a compromise and assuming Lodge and Macca out

1. Boyd (ughhh)
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Opa
5. Isakko
6. Milf
7. Dargan
8. Offa
9. Bird
10. TPJ
11. Glenn
12. Sua
13. Macca
14. Knik
15. Tagga
16. Thaiday (he’ll be there anyway)
17. Haas

Maybe could let Knik play last 50 covering for Bird then maybe Dargan if he is getting gassed on first run.

Nothing I’ve seen so far makes me think otherwise. He is overweight by a long way. His defence on chambers for that last try was terrible. He doesn’t offer anything in attack when playing 5/8. When he does play there the pressure put on Milford is doubled because our 5/8 isn’t offering anything.

If he losses 20kg and gets back to his Cronulla weight then he might get back to being decent in the centres but if the reported money we paid for him is even close to the mark then he would want to start playing a lot better and soon!

You realise that was Oates who didn’t stop Chambers, right?

Oates was absolute shit last night !!
His head really seems to be away with the pixies lately [emoji53]

Tbf, he got burned by Chambers for speed which allowed him to get to Oates. But like i said when Opacic was getting scapegoated for their third try, Chambers burns a lot of really good players. Not a great deal you can do when somebody is just a bit too quick as we know well having Roberts.

Why can’t we just for short periods of time move Boyd to the wing and play Issako at FB like the roosters use to.

@Unbreakable, is Murphy any good?

Have only watched him a few times, and generally always in the halves, but he seems like a steady player. I think he'd do a fine job playing hooker for 50 odd minutes per game while Macca is out. Don't expect him to set the world on fire, but I doubt he'll let us down.

Honestly, if we played like we did last night even though we didn't get result. We'd be good enough to go into our bye without a loss.

We do need a bit of balance, but things are getting worrying. Players who were praised against the Warriors are being now written off after the storm game. I do think though we seriously should look at building for the future if we dont pick up in our next 2-3 games. No advocating wholesale changes, but stop giving blokes like Sims so much game time and develop Haas, Fai, Carrigan or Flegler. Maybe give Seve or Shibasaki a run, even Allan.

Two cents..

No forward at dummy half. Bennett's made a call on Bird at six and surely has to persist with it. So we need maximum play makers. Plus if McGuire goes there, we'd lose some of his metres. Ofa has been great, playing big minutes and deserves a start.

Sims nowhere near an edge. His lack of mobility is issue enough in the middle.

Also, something seems amiss with Boyd at the moment and it's permeating through the rest of the team.

1. Boyd 2. Oates 3. Opacic 4. Roberts 5. Isaako 6. Bird 7. Milford 8. Ofahengaue 9. Murphy 10. Thaiday 11. Glenn 12. Su'a 13. McGuire

14. Nikorima 15. Sims 16. Pangai 17. Tagataese

Two cents..

No forward at dummy half. Bennett's made a call on Bird at six and surely has to persist with it. So we need maximum play makers. Plus if McGuire goes there, we'd lose some of his metres. Ofa has been great, playing big minutes and deserves a start.

Sims nowhere near an edge. His lack of mobility is issue enough in the middle.

Also, something seems amiss with Boyd at the moment and it's permeating through the rest of the team.

1. Boyd 2. Oates 3. Opacic 4. Roberts 5. Isaako 6. Bird 7. Milford 8. Ofahengaue 9. Murphy 10. Thaiday 11. Glenn 12. Su'a 13. McGuire

14. Nikorima 15. Sims 16. Pangai 17. Tagataese
I like Offa starting

Xmm6NoC.gif

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Justwin
  • something
  • MrMoore
  • Skathen
  • thenry
  • johnny plath
  • Mustafur
  • Dash
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Cavalo
  • ezpz
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.