/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

TPJ was terrible

He really was. I think he needs to come off the bench and inject himself when needed, rather than trying to force things which more than half the time aren't coming off for him. Is it too soon for Carrigan to start at lock and just run and tackle hard? Ofahengaue is the other option but he isn't exactly setting the world on fire at the moment either.

I agree with most that Fifita needs to be used a whole lot more, and doesn't he prefer the same side as Glenn? Anyone know how Glenn goes in the middle, i.e. if we push him back to lock? Or he could take the 14 since he can cover the backs as well.

8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Gillett
13. Glenn/Carrigan/Ofahengaue

14. Glenn/Carrigan/Ofahengaue
15. Glenn/Carrigan/Ofahengaue
16. Flegler
17. TPJ

I think we are being harsh on Darius.

He tried hard one time against the Raiders and got steamrolled by Leilua so we shouldn't expect that type of effort again.

I thought at times some of the guys seemed too intent in looking after Deardon. It got so bad that they forgot their own jobs. All in all the wee guy didn't need much 'chaperoning' he looks like he can handle himself just fine.

We persist with this team until Round 12 bye, and focus on ball security and in-game adapting/ plan B execution
[/QUOTE]

Seibold doesn’t have a Plan B, it showed with souths last year. Teams realized what was happening midway through the year and then souths started losing(Brisbane, Canberra, tigers, Storm, Roosters)

For all his talk he is one of the most predictable coaches in the comp. He got carried by the burgess boys, cook, Walker and a fit GI drawing three defenders leaving a saloon passage for Jennings on the left edge. They had no right side attack, and if the left didn’t work it was a Reynolds bomb on the last

Kyle Turner, Campbell Graham, Tevita Tatola, Mark Nicholls, Liam Knight - these guys would not even make our team of potential superstars. Not forgetting Corey Allen who did not want to be stuck behind our 300 game, premiership winning all star captain.

These young fringe first graders are playing out of their skin for Wayne Bennett, more than a fair chance of going all the way this way.

We are the new Penrith Panthers - all talk, no action.
I can see us losing a heap of the young talent, and itll be 5yrs of rebuilding.
The board/coaching staff are a mess.
The team is a shambles.
No leader.

It says something when an 18 year old debutant goes out and plays with more effort, intensity and heart then a bloke that has played 300 games and the captain of a club.

Boyd, hang your boots up. We have seen enough.

Sadly will probably take 2-3 weeks, but the transition to get Darius out of the side would be for Seibold to announce a co-captain - ie. Matt Gillett. He can spin something to the media like it "will take some pressure off Darius", "get him focused on his own game", etc.

We all on here know that nothing will change - same performances, lack of desire and inept movement. Once this continues, then there is a clear pathway to drop him whilst still maintaining whatever reputation we have left in this league...

Does anyone here seriously think we’d be worse of with Wayne coaching right now?

Nope, I think we would absolutely be playing better if he was coaching right now because we would be playing with a simple style. I also think we wouldn't actually be improving and working towards the next step which any semblance of structure is required for. I think if Bennett was still coaching we would be at about 4 and 4 or 5 and 3 for the season so far and our basic gameplan would have us going along ok like last year, just for us to get into the 8 and be embarrassed again by the real contenders.

Darius Boyd is literally the laughing stock of the entire NRL at the moment and has been all year. He's an embarrassment. Can't believe we are stuck with him until the end of 2021. **** me.

Look at Souths mate. What do you think

Yeah and that is all Wayne isn't it? They weren't playing with this structure at all last year or performing better than us last year. Souths will most likely when the premiership or come close this year because Bennett is smart enough not change what was built there and will do what he does better than any coach in the game. Get his players motivated and up for games and give his halves the confidence they need to go to the next level.

Full credit to Wayne but respect to the actual reality of the situation at the same time.

Nope, I think we would absolutely be playing better if he was coaching right now because we would be playing with a simple style. I also think we wouldn't actually be improving and working towards the next step which any semblance of structure is required for. I think if Bennett was still coaching we would be at about 4 and 4 or 5 and 3 for the season so far and our basic gameplan would have us going along ok like last year, just for us to get into the 8 and be embarrassed again by the real contenders.
Not having a go mate as this is legit question but what is the elaborate style we are playing with now? I've heard it a few times that we need to keep it simple. All I'm seeing in our game plan at the moment is 4 or 5 one out hit ups with no offloads. second phase or support, spread for an occasional "out the back play" , then bomb on the fifth.

So you are totally okay with our shitty hooker and fullback. How the **** is Seibold giving these plodders so much leeway!!!

I fuckin hate the 1 and 9, they are weighing everyone else down.

It's 8 games in and he has already made a change to the spine that is long overdue, how about we give him some time. You can't just rip a team the **** apart at once and expect to not have issues.

Well after last nights game, we went from being 10th on the table to being 12th.
It’s pretty sad that we are the first game of round 8, both the knights and warriors have jumped us on the table, and neither team has even played this round.
Pretty much sums up 2019.

Who is responsible for the random patches of ice under Boyd's boots?

Yeah and that is all Wayne isn't it? They weren't playing with this structure at all last year or performing better than us last year. Souths will most likely when the premiership or come close this year because Bennett is smart enough not change what was built there and will do what he does better than any coach in the game. Get his players motivated and up for games and give his halves the confidence they need to go to the next level.

Full credit to Wayne but respect to the actual reality of the situation at the same time.

At the same note look at us last year. We were playing far better than the rabble this year. Honestly we played well against the cowboys but the sharks were a reserve grade team, and they’re our only two wins.

Does anyone here seriously think we’d be worse of with Wayne coaching right now?
Most likely we would be slightly higher up the ladder. But a lot of the issues we are seeing were issues under Bennett that he could not fix. Our defence, consistency and attitude were all on the slide since 2015.

There had to be a moment where we called time on Bennett Goat, otherwise we would have a Weekend at Betnies scenario happening in the coaching box.

We are going through some pain for hopefully long term gain.

If Seibold has any brains at all, our entire week will be working on holding the ball and cutting out errors and nothing more. The pressure is on now, time to stand up.

It wasn't on before? :confundio:

Well, ups to Seibs, he said not long after arriving that the gap between our best and our worst was immense. He’s certainly fixed that....

Active Now

• Foordy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Wolfie
  • Astro
  • Justwin
  • bazza
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • theshed
  • Morkel
  • mrslong
  • Behold
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redux
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.