vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fat lot of good making the 8 did us the last two years.

These fools need a spoon to really change the culture.

I thought Oates being dropped would have seen a lot of posts or have I missed them?

I thought Oates being dropped would have seen a lot of posts or have I missed them?
I am waiting to find out if he was dropped because of poor performances or because of poor discipline the other night when the referee repeatedly told him to shut up.

Probably a pretty fair indicator of how bad he's going that nobody really even acknowledged his dropping.

He's been comfortably the most disappointing player this year, it was only a couple of years ago that he was running for 200+ metres every game and scoring pies for fun, now he's a complete liability defensively and under the high ball, struggles to make any impactful runs out of our own end and is even struggling to finish off straight-forward try scoring opportunities.

His career looks to be going the way of Chris McQueen. Came into first grade as a lanky winger and made an immediate impact, eventually shifted to the backrow when the speed and mobility started dwindling. Completely irrelevant by their mid-late 20's because they're not strong enough or skillful enough to play 80 mins in the 2nd row every week.

I wouldn't be overly shocked if we've already seen the best of Oates and his career goes downhill extremely fast from here on out.

Probably a pretty fair indicator of how bad he's going that nobody really even acknowledged his dropping.

He's been comfortably the most disappointing player this year, it was only a couple of years ago that he was running for 200+ metres every game and scoring pies for fun, now he's a complete liability defensively and under the high ball, struggles to make any impactful runs out of our own end and is even struggling to finish off straight-forward try scoring opportunities.

His career looks to be going the way of Chris McQueen. Came into first grade as a lanky winger and made an immediate impact, eventually shifted to the backrow when the speed and mobility started dwindling. Completely irrelevant by their mid-late 20's because they're not strong enough or skillful enough to play 80 mins in the 2nd row every week.

I wouldn't be overly shocked if we've already seen the best of Oates and his career goes downhill extremely fast from here on out.
What’s going on with his swollen leg?

We don't want to be clawing our way into finals only to be slaughtered as obvious outsiders again. This squad needs a reality check, and an early "mad Monday" (I wouldn't be letting them have a single drop of beer this coming off season btw) will deliver that.

Last edited:
It was well deserved
He has been absolutely putrid this year

It was well deserved
He has been absolutely putrid this year

If we keep using the left edge/wing like we've been doing then don't expect his replacement to be much better. Not for long anyway. We do not get the ball to that wing and we do not have a centre defending on the left.
Also Isaako was notorious for being MIA in defense on the wing so it's a team wide problem.

Last edited:
We don't want to be clawing our way into finals only to be slaughtered as obvious outsiders again. This squad needs a reality check, and an early "mad Monday" (I wouldn't be letting them have a single drop of beer this coming off season btw) will deliver that.

The players would love it. Extra time off in the offseason and less work in not playing an extra game, this is heaven to this squad.

If we keep using the left edge/wing like we've been doing then don't expect his replacement to be much better. Not for long anyway. We do not get the ball to that wing and we do not have a centre defending on the left.
Also Isaako was notorious for being MIA in defense on the wing so it's a team wide problem.
Neither of our wingers get the ball. Our ball movement is so slow and we stand so flat that we are lucky to get more than two passes wide.

All our wingers really do is chase kicks and take early hit ups.

Last edited:
So Darius Boyd survives and someone else gets axed.

That's fair.

So Darius Boyd survives and someone else gets axed.

That's fair.

Seems to me to be more about a lack of options.

Staggs, Arthars and Bird injured. Perese gone. If we drop Boyd we have to bring in Kennar who is well underdone. Coates struggled at centre so it’s best we leave him on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.