Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

One thing that is a good sign, they are starting to get more ruthless. No longer do we just park the bus when we are up by a slim margin with 10 to go. Reynolds is pushing them to keep playing and trying to score more points.
Yep. That's a Milford Darius mentality

Selwyn Cobbo in full flight was an absolute thing of beauty 😎👍😳

Damn shame we didn't get to see him duel with Addo-Carr like this before we beat the Dogs the only 2 times needed this season

That's how you drain their tank. They were never coming back after that. I was expecting the floodgates to open after that. Like the last two weeks.

There were 7 minutes left and Souths were already not coming back.

Damn shame we didn't get to see him duel with Addo-Carr like this before we beat the Dogs the only 2 times needed this season
The bigger shame is Coates being moved back to the right wing after playing on the left in round one. I was looking forward to Coates and Olam marking up against Staggs and Cobbo. That would have been a great battle.

It's my understanding that the reason we have not yet re-signed Corey oates is because he has told the Broncos he's not going anywhere and has advised them to make it a priority to sign up the likes of Herbie, Cobbo and TMM and he's happy to take whatever is left on top of the club discount we get for his long-term service.
If that's true. Corey oates is a Goddam broncos legend

View attachment 18234

How good is this image from pre-game last night. Maybe Flegler is a far better leader than we give him credit for, looks like a good old fashion rev up.

Flegler: Would you like some Ginger Nuts?
Patty: Get the **** away from me. (Or yes please...he has a sort of smoldering look in his eyes)

It's my understanding that the reason we have not yet re-signed Corey oates is because he has told the Broncos he's not going anywhere and has advised them to make it a priority to sign up the likes of Herbie, Cobbo and TMM and he's happy to take whatever is left on top of the club discount we get for his long-term service.
I definitely believe this with Oates, he turned down bigger offers to stay with us last time I believe.
Starting out when guys like Hodges, Parker, Thaiday were still here he knows when your a senior member of the team you have to make sacrifices to keep the young talent.

I reckon if there was one club they didn't want to lose twice to this year, after losing their halfback to us (which could go down as one of the worst retention decisions in recent times) and their new coach being a bloke who was overlooked by the club.. it would for sure be us
mrw GIF

He did have four errors but in truth only two were genuine. Like going for a high catch and not being able to hold on to the ball knocking it forward. It was the awful knock on 30 metres out from our try line that sticks in the mind but this year he's been good and if he keeps making his catches etc we'll have little to complain about. Great club man and I hope we retain him.
He did that awful knock on every game last year and in 2020 so if its one every 6 weeks, I'm good with it.

Really great win by the boys, ive read a lot on this thread about Brisbane not needing Haas.....just stop now...

The guys a generational talent - what do you think he becomes if he leaves us and joins the Roosters or God forbid Melbourne?

He and Patty are our future props moving forwards. I have always believed that was the best pairing, now i just need more time and convincing on who is the long term 9.....not there yet?

The thing about Haas is, there is no good reason why he cant develop the nuances in his game that clearly are now starting to shine through for guys like Carrigan and (cant believe im saying it) Flegler. Hass is already throwing a few passes before the line on attacking sets...and he most certainly can offload in traffic.

I give him this, off-field issues and court dramas, Ramadan, yet the guy still turns up. Played brilliantly last week with a totally fucked AC joint!

I take great heart from the fact that yes, we can now finally win a forward battle without him in a game of NRL; doesnt mean he can now move on. Let him take as along as he needs to sort his shoulder out, take a extra week if you need it, cause i think we can hold the ship steady now.

Couldnt say that 6 months ago #progress
Payne and Patty are good players but Flegler is our alpha prop especially in defence. No surprise our best two wins are his best two games.
He keeps the dumb areas out of his game and we are laughing

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  • Splinter
  • Manofoneway
  • LittleDavey
  • Financeguy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Ejbroncos
  • lynx000
  • Kev_Guz
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • thenry
  • Tmac
  • Robboi_321
  • Johnny92
... and 50 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.