Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Wow did you guys just hear Matty Johns saying that Darius Boyd was outstanding and everywhere tonight and must have been annoyed at all the critics?! Haha did he watch the game?

Anyway a win is a win and a valuable 2 points well done gents.

I imagined he only watched the first 20 minutes, in which Boyd looked great. The rest he was terrible again.

So what was the go with bird?

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. This is him. No excuse for being unfit and out of shape whatsoever. When you are physically soft it is a sign of being mentally soft and at days end you know you aren't being a professional who is reaching potential in that type of shape. Not impressed. I think a few weeks in a lower grade might shock him into pulling his head out.

So what was the go with bird?
Really think we should move him on and use his wages to bring in a couple of players. To think we could have paid Benny what he wanted and not bothered signing bird. As for the game. The win was gritty and would have been more convincing if not for a couple of goft tries. Not too concerned. Onwards and upwards.

Can we just acknowledge HOW much the bounce of the ball went the dogs way. It was insane.

Well the literal bounce of the ball went the dogs way but i feel we definitely got some favourable ref calls go our way.

About time to i might add. even though its still a dogshit inconsistent performance from the refs

Two tries we conceded because players slip over. I think the whole of last year we only had one player slip over and it was Pearson 5 times in one game. Oates bombed two tries himself and there were a few more that went begging. It wasn't pretty but we had awful fucking luck and still managed to grind it out. When those passes stick we'll put on 4 tries in 20 minutes.

There is literally only one component of the playmaking that we're missing and that's picking who runs where, ahead of time, to work over the opposition. Freddy said it in the commentary - we're taking it one play at a time with no forethought. We are getting excellent field position, we are getting the opposition on the back foot, and Milford's kicking game is coming along really well. But to convert that, to change our game from 2-point death wins to 20-30 point wins is a guy that makes sure players run to the left shoulder of Opposition X on the 3rd, and then between Y and Z on the 4th, and stick to it. The field position, the ascendency, will convert directly to points because all of a sudden we switch inside to X's other shoulder, and Z won't be able to cover the outside, and we slice through the gap. That isn't a difficult job, but it requires a cool head, and I still think Nikorima can do that. Bird can't at the moment because he's slow and telegraphed.

Pangai was epic as usual. I think we can't underestimate the effect of losing Haas caused on our momentum. He stays on and we roll through the dogs in that final 25 minutes.

Also Opicac summoned the speed of martin bella on that line break towards the end.

Oates was great again. He’s playing as a world class winger and a fairly damaging 2nd row at the same time.

If the bounces were a bit luckier, he could have very well nabbed 3 tried tonight.

I said a month ago, give this side another month before making up your mind on them. They had a disrupted pre-season and it was going to take time.

A month later, we're still a rabble. We are inconsistent, we are disorganized and mentally, we aren't as strong as we should be. We have a very tough run in the next month or so and I can see us dropping a lot of those games.

We aren't premiership material, and I fear we'll just be making up the numbers in the finals if we even make it.
We don't have that tough a run.

Dogs (looked an absolute rabble leading into this game)
Manly - at Suncorp and they are struggling to field a team
Roosters - at Suncorp and they are looking just as bad as us in attack and their pack doesn't look as strong as ours
Eels - at suncorp AGAIN and they've only just started looking good, but it started against a woeful manly. Will be tough this game with the amount of ball movement and speed they can play with
Bye - always a tough game but we usually come away with the 2 points

Seriously at home all the way up to the bye we SHOULD be winning all of them but this team just looks chaotic and there is no consistency in the team.

Broncsdogs25

Broncos strike late to beat luckless Bulldogs

May 3, 2018

Brisbane weren't at their best, but it mattered little as they beat a luckless Canterbury 22-20 on Thursday night at Suncorp Stadium.

The under-pressure Bulldogs, who now find themselves 2-7 in the Telstra Premiership, started the contest the better.

Debutant Rhyse Martin crossed after just four minutes, and it appeared Dean Pay's host of pre-game changes were going to pay off.

Enter Darius Boyd. The veteran Broncos fullback showed his class to get his team level at 6-6 with 14 minutes on the clock, producing a bullet pass which found the unmarked Corey Oates.

Canterbury managed to skip out to a 14-6 lead at the break following a fortuitous effort from Matt Frawley, but their eight-point advantage was soon reeled in by the hosts.

Back-rower Alex Glenn brushed aside a feeble tackle attempt from Kieran Foran to see the deficit just two points, and when Jamayne Isaako kicked a penalty goal, it was 14-14 with 52 minutes played.

Kerrod Holland then scooped up a kick from Will Hopoate to give Pay's men the lead yet again just after the hour mark, but Brisbane kept coming.

Joe Ofahengaue powered his way over after collecting a ball from James Roberts.

A dramatic late penalty goal from Isaako sealed the result in front of Brisbane's fans, who could scarcely believe their team had collected two competition points.

Source: NRL.com

A win is a win, but god that was terrible. Boyd played like ass mostly, and Bird was abysmal - glad he was hooked.

At least TPJ was a beast.

I think the moment the spine and back row got shuffled was the moment our attack started to look like a rabble. It was never good but it really went to shit after that

Pretty much nailed it mate. We were for a period looking slick

and then we weren't.

Lot a changes seemed to be happening and players ended up playing out of position. It was no wonder we l;ooked so disorganised. No c*nt knew where they had to be for most of the middle part of the game.

Anyone who thinks Opacic had a good game is moderately delusional, it was his lack of speed that cost us one of the tries, and he offers absolutely zilch in attack. It's time for him to go.

I'd be strongly considering either Isaako or Roberts at Fullback for next week, both of them attack the ball, and attack the line when they have the ball. Darius is currently playing like he's scared of the football, and that's no joke. I've never seen a persons attitude change so much, in 2015 he was good and in 2016 he was our best player and one of the best players in the comp, suddenly he's playing like a whipped dog. It's kind of sad to watch, but someone should put him out of his misery, because I don't see any signs of it turning around, even last week, which was his best game in a while, he was still scared of giving it his all on that line-break because he didn't want to pull another hammy or something, he's literally playing in fear.

I think it would be best for his mental state if he's moved to left centre, that way he can still chime in on the left side sweeping plays and doesn't have the pressure of touching the football when it's not passed to him, which is apparently his biggest fear in life at the moment.

1. Roberts
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Bird
5. Isaako

This is the back line that makes the most sense across the board to me, we retain our best 2 wingers, move our most dangerous runner in to a more predominant role, and move our 2 out of form players to the centres where they can hopefully play themselves in to a bit of form without the pressure of being relied upon for anything resembling game management decisions.

It was frustrating watching Milford play as the only half again. He was so gassed at the end. No support from Bird, no support from Nikorima. We need a half soon.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • cento
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.