vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
alos, love being part of the nzwarriors.com forums.......welcome everyone..!

It's not nearly far enough away from Rugby League sorry. You just know the cab driver from the airport pickup will have lived in Wigan all his life.
You'll struggle to find a pom outside of the North who knows much more than RL isn't the same game as RU. Their relationship with Rugby Union is similar to ours with the Olympics. They'll dabble with feigning an interest sporadically. The Scots and Welsh are pretty into Rugby, though. Good luck explaining that RL is a superior offspring.
[automerge]1593991268[/automerge]
Choice bro! We got Tetans thus week, rickon we might be fuvritez ey!
That's very racist. Kiwi lives metter, ay!

Last edited:
You'll struggle to find a pom outside of the North who knows much more than RL isn't the same game as RU. Their relationship with Rugby Union is similar to ours with the Olympics. They'll dabble with feigning an interest sporadically. The Scots and Welsh are pretty into Rugby, though. Good luck explaining that RL is a superior offspring.
[automerge]1593991268[/automerge]

That's very racist. Kiwi lives metter, ay!
Yeah my family was from up North so I'm well familiar with how localised it is. That's what I was getting at though, I'll fly into London and probably end up in a taxi driven by a bloke from Bradford and when he finds out I'm a Broncos fan I'm fucked.

Last edited:
Yeah my family was from up North so I'm well familiar with how localised it is. That's what I was getting at though, I'll fly into London and probably end up in a taxi driven by a bloke from Bradford and when he finds out I'm a Broncos fan I'm fucked.
It's pretty grim up there:

Am I the only one who thought Farnworth was ok v Warriors?

Don't get me wrong he has a lot of work to do, especially on defensive reads, but you can tell the bloke is actually trying and when he does initiate contact he's a pretty effective tackler.

Something needs to be done about that edge of Farnworth/Coates because it leaks way too many points but I personally feel Herbie doesn't deserve to be dropped, even if Staggs is back.
Our right side defence was going ok, until oates moved into right side second rower. As many suspected, he doesnt have the lateral movement or defensive reads/communication to defend there.

He kept getting caught at marker and was not making it back to where he should be in the line.

It was often the issues that occurred inside of herbie and coates that caused the overlaps. They just got the blame because they were unable to shut down the outcomes of misreads on their inside and were last oned on the screen

Our right edge defence - where the Bulldogs will attack. Coates's defensive reading - he likes to tackle centres, and, a shitty line. Seibold?

Against the Warriors ... a nice 4 on 3 here. Look at our unbroken line, numbering up, moving forward, body positions on the front back foot ...

Screen Shot 2020 07 05 at 90038 pm

Coates reads the Warrior's secret plan. Herbie is , um ... back pedalling

Screen Shot 2020 07 05 at 90105 pm

Coates the week before. He like tackling centres. This is what the Dogs are watching, planning. What a dog's breakfast

Screen Shot 2020 07 05 at 94653 pm

Last edited:
Our right edge defence - where the Bulldogs will attack. Coates's defensive reading - he likes to tackle centres, and, a shitty line. Seibold?

Against the Warriors ... a nice 4 on 3 here. Look at our unbroken line, numbering up, moving forward, body positions on the front back foot ...

View attachment 8580

View attachment 8581

Coates the week before. He like tackling centres. This is what the Dogs are watching, planning. What a dog's breakfast

View attachment 8582

Exactly what Isaako did all last year. Often not in the picture at all. At least Coates managed to stay out for a couple of tackles and an intercept. But yeah what is our coach doing about this?

Last edited:

View attachment 8580

View attachment 8581

View attachment 8582
To be fair, it was comprehensively addressed on here both last season prior to his debut and again this year when people were calling for his selection that he had some pretty serious defensive issues even at Queensland Cup level, so it really shouldn't be a shock to anyone when he gets it wrong at NRL level.

Exactly what Isaako did all last year. Often not in the picture at all. At least Coates managed to stay out for a couple of tackles and an intercept. But yeah what is our coach doing about this?

I am not blaming Coates as much as Seibold over our defensive structures, as you say. However, Seibold needs to talk to Coates as much as our entire right edge.
[automerge]1593995309[/automerge]
To be fair, it was comprehensively addressed on here both last season prior to his debut and again this year when people were calling for his selection that he had some pretty serious defensive issues even at Queensland Cup level, so it really shouldn't be a shock to anyone when he gets it wrong at NRL level.

As I said above, the issue is the entire right edge, rather than just Coates. That's now 2 games in a row. If he wants to be the best, he needs to take note. However, it is again an issue of that whole edge defence. It's a turnstile

Last edited:
If fifi is fit iwould go with-
1.Nui
2.Coates
3.Staggs
4.Farnworth
5.Issako
6.Croft
7.Dearden
8.Haas
9.Luke
10.TPJ
11.Glenn
12.Fifita
13.Carrigan
14.Paix
15.Flegler
16.Teo
17.Kennedy
I'd mix it a bit differently but most of the team looks good. I'd start Kennedy and Flegler up front with Haas and TPJ relieving them after 15-25 mins. Luke would train his forwards all week with Croft directing from behind. Loving Luke's contributions. I have no problem with Boyd's efforts this year and if Staggs isn't ready I wouldn't worry.

No Milford is fine. He can provide massages and drinks and watch the firsts go round.

Not really relevant to this thread, but look at the 3 players who the Storm let go this year..

Joe Stimson - Struggled immensely at the Dogs before getting injured

Curtis Scott - Off-field issues and playing so poorly at the Raiders that he was dropped for Michael Oldfield

Brodie Croft - Enough said

If the Storm are happy to let a player walk, they're not fucking good.
On the other side of the coin, I give you Harry Grant.

On the other side of the coin, I give you Harry Grant.
He's essentially on loan right?

On the game: Wolfie said it best, it doesn't matter if we win because yeah it would have been against the bottom of the ladder who've been terrible for 18 months. Hell, they might even get up because they smell blood.

He's essentially on loan right?

On the game: Wolfie said it best, it doesn't matter if we win because yeah it would have been against the bottom of the ladder who've been terrible for 18 months. Hell, they might even get up because they smell blood.
I'd be reneging on that loan. Buy of the season, for mine.

We are so over-rated at the bookies.
Some people are going to make a lot of money on the Bulldogs...like they did against the Titans and the Warriors :smoker:

FTR - Broncos are the SHIT side, not the other way around

Fifita, Turpin & Arthars not available for this game according to NRL.com - Should all be back next week.

Staggs, Lodge, Paix all likely available.
Brent Read in the Australian is tipping Dearden to start, and speculating on Croft vs Milford, leaning towards Croft being dropped. Staggs to come back, preferably for Boyd but wonders if Seibold has the balls:

"Seibold has kept the faith with the likes of Boyd and Anthony Milford this season but his own future is now on the line. The Spanish have a saying for a bit of mongrel: ‘Mala leche’. The rough translation is bad milk in the veins. Perhaps Seibold hasn’t had enough bad milk running through his veins in recent weeks but Staggs’ return has given him the opportunity to make a decisive stand. While the club insists that Seibold retains their unequivocal support, at some point it will run out unless he can find a way to dramatically improve their fortunes."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bish
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behind enemy lines
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.