vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are getting to the stage where we are going to have a bit of competition now in our outside backs now everyone is getting fit. Opacic was strong for Redcliffe on the weekend, Kahu is fit again, Pearson is playing well for Redcliffe as well. Mead has been a mixed bag, but is still a useful player for us. It bodes well and should keep the blokes in the team on their toes.

I'd honestly rather kahu on the bench. Feel like he's the kind of player who could do a Morgan type role off the bench in origin. Just come in and play Lock, rove around and assist the halves. I just feel he isn't match fit atm where as Mead and Oates are

Oh I'm sorry.. Did we have a new attacking coach and new structure last year too did we????
Haha, that's my point. Can't see any difference to what we were doing last year.

I hope you're right and it is just a matter of time before we click. Just can't seem to ignore this nagging feeling in my head every time I watch us play now that all is not right.

Anyway, I'll leave it there.

The actual 21-man squad.

**** photoshop and the NRL for their **** ups in the team list.

Ese'ese and Glenn not named to start.

View attachment 1276

Clearly I'm stating the obvious here but this must be Thaiday's last year. With him (incorrectly) being named in the #14, I thought the Broncos must have invested in a XXXL size #14 jersey, meaning he's here for at least another year. Now that he's definitely in the #11, 2017 is it for him.

Haha, that's my point. Can't see any difference to what we were doing last year.

I hope you're right and it is just a matter of time before we click. Just can't seem to ignore this nagging feeling in my head every time I watch us play now that all is not right.

We were starting to look really good against the roosters. Every week we were building one better each game. Then we lost hunt.
Fans just want instant miracle results

The one person that left who never gets mentioned is Stephen Kearney. Maybe he was the key all along!

For some reason, I don't feel like I'll be walking away from Suncorp on Thursday night a happy man.

I just can smell a Panthers win coming from a mile away.

For some reason, I don't feel like I'll be walking away from Suncorp on Thursday night a happy man.

I just can smell a Panthers win coming from a mile away.
Same, I'm going to this game and my win/loss ratio is rather abysmal.

I never stop believing in my team though.

We haven't had an easy game all season. I mean, even with the Roosters one, they must have had to at least mentally prepare for a tough contest all week. Surely fatigue will start taking it's toll sooner or later.

This week we have to beat the Panthers and the refs, who will give us no quarter. Zero.

Amazing isn't it? I was interested in their perspective as well and what it boiled down to was....

- Bench management.
- Not giving young guys like Harawira-Naera and Kikau a go
- Sticking with guys like Hiku
- Not getting the best out of senior players

3 years ago we were upset with the way he was using Wallace, couldn't understand how guys like Granville, Oates or Nikorima weren't being given a go, his fascination with guys like Hoffman and how the likes of Barba, Thaiday, Hannant etc were under performing.
So true... he couldn't turn it around for us and he won't do it for the panthers. his downward spiral continued after an overachieving first season (same as panthers). I think we're safe in this game. Panthers are a myth and the ultimate flat track bullies. Any team that stands up to them wins. i take full responsibility if we lose now that I have put that out there.

Griffin has the wood over Bennett, don't be surprised...

Griffin has the wood over Bennett, don't be surprised...

Bennett has only managed to beat him once.

Round 25, 2013.

Bennett has gone up against a Griffin coached side 10 times for 1 win, 8 losses and 1 draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • Browny
  • Justwin
  • Big Del
  • Fozz
  • azza.79
  • kman
  • Harry Sack
  • Swordfish
  • Foordy
  • porouian
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Broncs1459
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Rambstien
  • thenry
  • davidp
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.