/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Melbs draw so far Dogs, warriors x 2, Broncs, tigers, panthers, Sharks,

Sharks so far Broncs, Raiders, Dragons, Eels. knights, Melb, Panthers, Titans and they would be 4 and 4 if not for a very lucky escape against the Knights

Us Sharks, Cows Melb Raiders Dogs Chooks Tit Souths Panthers.

We got flogged with the draw its the hardest of any team by far, our form is hot
Sure but you're being a bit selective with your memory ! Wasn't it us who were lucky against both Souths AND the Titans ? Anyhoo, it is what it is and I'm not disputing we're going alright, I just don't have us as the form team of the comp....if we were winning well and defending like our lives were on the line, then hell yes. My view is we are going well without being anything to write home about.

You're not getting it.

It touched McGuire when he knocked it out unintentionally when Wallace extended the arm to try and score. Because it was a loose carry, that made it a knock on.

That's the rule, and it's a no try every day of the week. It has been for a long time now and Panthers aren't the first team that's copped that.

The only reason it came out is because McGuires arm came around and knocked it out. Intentional or not. If it went forward or Wallace was in the process of dropping it into McGuire fine but it was not dropped into McGuire which is the rule. When any player is reaching out to score a try it is always going to be in a loose hold. No issue if it went forward when McGuires arm came around but it went straight out the back and was picked up. I have never seen that before in my life ruled as a no try.

The only reason it came out is because McGuires arm came around and knocked it out. Intentional or not. If it went forward or Wallace was in the process of dropping it into McGuire fine but it was not dropped into McGuire which is the rule. When any player is reaching out to score a try it is always going to be in a loose hold. No issue if it went forward when McGuires arm came around but it went straight out the back and was picked up. I have never seen that before in my life ruled as a no try.

I have seen that many times and ruled as a no try, because of the rule explained in the video which makes it a no try. It's happened to the Broncos, as well.

It wasn't a dud call. It was the correct call.

Holy Shit, just got home turn on the Fox replay at the 48 minute mark and all I hear is Anasta whingeing about Penriff being hard done

I have seen that many times and ruled as a no try, because of the rule explained in the video which makes it a no try.

Here is the rule from the rulebook:

8. If a tackled player loses possession of the ball at the moment of impact with an opponent or with the ground, play shall proceed unless stopped for some other reason, e.g. the ball has been knocked forward.

By that explanation in the actual rules of the game it was a try. The refs are incompetent lead by a boss that doesn't even know the rules of the game. Hell we had a bloke come out of the line last night and charge down a ball and it was not even rules 6 again. I have no problem with refs getting subjective penalties in rucks wrong as it happens in a split second. But when you have video refs take 10mins and still get it wrong it is a problem. It will swing around one of these weeks and we will cop one from the bunker in an even more important time of the game.

Sure but you're being a bit selective with your memory ! Wasn't it us who were lucky against both Souths AND the Titans ? Anyhoo, it is what it is and I'm not disputing we're going alright, I just don't have us as the form team of the comp....if we were winning well and defending like our lives were on the line, then hell yes. My view is we are going well without being anything to write home about.
I'd say the dragons are the form team of the comp....until Widdop went down injured. Then Melbourne. And then Raiders, Cronulla, Chooks & us are level pegging it for next best because there's a large difference between our best & our worst. Got to put 80 solid minutes together.

The fact that he has lost control of the ball as the defending player has touched it without playing it automatically means he has lost it into an opposing player, the direction it has ultimately landed irrelevant. If the opposing player HAD played at it, it would be play on, but he did not, hence why that was so important in establishing in the bunker. The mere fact that he lost the ball that touched an opposing player who wasn't playing at it means it is a loose carry, and has been the case for ages. Trying to suddenly change the interpretation of rules and then expressing outrage is just downright silly.

Um, everyone's missing the fucking obvious. The Thaiday "knock-on". Thaiday goes to grab the ball, touches it (but doesn't bobble it), Moylan kicks it out (instigating the loss of possession) and it goes backwards towards our goal line. Thaiday ruled to have lost it.

IT'S THE EXACT SAME FUCKING THING. Where is the whingeing over that one?

The fact that he has lost control of the ball as the defending player has touched it without playing it automatically means he has lost it into an opposing player, the direction it has ultimately landed irrelevant. If the opposing player HAD played at it, it would be play on, but he did not, hence why that was so important in establishing in the bunker. The mere fact that he lost the ball that touched an opposing player who wasn't playing at it means it is a loose carry, and has been the case for ages. Trying to suddenly change the interpretation of rules and then expressing outrage is just downright silly.

And this is exactly why it's not a try.

Wallace was not it the motion of losing that ball. That is a ridiculous summation. If he was they would have been right but at no time was that ball away from the ball carriers arms. Watched it about 20 times and it was not lost. The only way it came out was McGuire's hand. Play on

Um, everyone's missing the fucking obvious. The Thaiday "knock-on". Thaiday goes to grab the ball, touches it (but doesn't bobble it), Moylan kicks it out (instigating the loss of possession) and it goes backwards towards our goal line. Thaiday ruled to have lost it.

Shut up and hoot!

Exactly right. Except a bunker didn't look at that one for 5mins and still get it wrong.

Let's not forget the 'Hand of Hayne' non-try in origin a few years back that ultimately led to Qld losing the first series in almost a decade. Pretty much the same rule here.

Let's not forget the 'Hand of Hayne' non-try in origin a few years back that ultimately led to Qld losing the first series in almost a decade. Pretty much the same rule here.

The one on Thaiday?

I can't recall that one. Was it in game 2? Might have a look on youtube

Wallace was not it the motion of losing that ball. That is a ridiculous summation. If he was they would have been right but at no time was that ball away from the ball carriers arms. Watched it about 20 times and it was not lost. The only way it came out was McGuire's hand. Play on

Bullshit.

I expect that you'll be bitching and moaning every time you hear the term 'loose carry' from here on in.

He lost possession into McGuire as a result of the tackle.

That has been a knock on since Adam was playing fullback for the Garden of Eden first XIII.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • MrMoore
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Aldo
  • RodF
  • Lurker
  • Wendall Taylor
  • heartly87
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • broncsgoat
  • RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.