/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Bullshit.

I expect that you'll be bitching and moaning every time you hear the term 'loose carry' from here on in.

He lost possession into McGuire as a result of the tackle.

That has been a knock on since Adam was playing fullback for the Garden of Eden first XIII.

For a starters there is no rule in the book that refers to a "loose carry". There is no possible way even the anybody can say Wallace was in the process of losing the ball before McGuires arm came around. Please point out where Wallace lost it into McGuires arm??? If McGuire didn't come around and get his arm in the way Wallace smashes that ball through the turf.

Wallace was not it the motion of losing that ball. That is a ridiculous summation. If he was they would have been right but at no time was that ball away from the ball carriers arms. Watched it about 20 times and it was not lost. The only way it came out was McGuire's hand. Play on

You're missing the point. How many times does a player tackle an opposing player who has the ball in hand and make inadvertent contact with the ball in the motion of that tackle? Because in every one of those instances, if the ball carrier just drops the ball, it is a loose carry. This is no different. Just because McGuire hit the ball in doesn't mean he knocked it loose. The onus of holding the ball is on the ball holder, unless the defender plays at the ball. McGuire did not play at the ball, and so by him touching the ball, Wallace loses it, it's already in contact with the defender, and as such, is a knock on.

Only "broncos supporter" I've ever seen argue so ardently against a great try-saving tackle of ours. No try. Move on.

Yep game 2 in the series Qld lost.

Just watched it. That one went forward though?? And was that rule where you have to re-grip in at that time. If it wasn't it was a try but if it was I reckon they got it right. I distinctly remember that rule changing over the years. Could argue that Hayne didn't play at the ball similar to McGuire. Even though I suspect he knew what he was doing.

You're missing the point. How many times does a player tackle an opposing player who has the ball in hand and make inadvertent contact with the ball in the motion of that tackle? Because in every one of those instances, if the ball carrier just drops the ball, it is a loose carry. This is no different. Just because McGuire hit the ball in doesn't mean he knocked it loose. The onus of holding the ball is on the ball holder, unless the defender plays at the ball. McGuire did not play at the ball, and so by him touching the ball, Wallace loses it, it's already in contact with the defender, and as such, is a knock on.

No that is not correct. This is the rule.

8. If a tackled player loses possession of the ball at the moment of impact with an opponent or with the ground, play shall proceed unless stopped for some other reason, e.g. the ball has been knocked forward.

It was at the moment of impact. Wallace was not losing it before McGuire touched it. It is written clear as day.

I think we are just going to go around in circles

Only "broncos supporter" I've ever seen argue so ardently against a great try-saving tackle of ours. No try. Move on.

4 of my mates who are supporters said it was lucky. Apart from a few on fox I have heard all day and seen across all social media that it was a dud call. Can come out with the whole bronco hater spiel but I hate to tell ya but not everybody would have said it was a dud call because they are a "bronco hater". Bit of a objectivity never hurt anyone

4 of my mates who are supporters said it was lucky. Apart from a few on fox I have heard all day and seen across all social media that it was a dud call. Can come out with the whole bronco hater spiel but I hate to tell ya but not everybody would have said it was a dud call because they are a "bronco hater". Bit of a objectivity never hurt anyone

You think the people in the ref's box didn't see the ball went back? They know the rule better than social media. As Big Pete pointed out, on ch9 Beau Ryan and Luke Lewis both pointed out it was the correct call. There's being objective and then there's trolling. You aren't fooling anyone.

It was a lucky pro broncos call. A rarity over the last few weeks. Given the 'consistency' of the Bunk, we'll take it. Fin?

You think the people in the ref's box didn't see the ball went back? They know the rule better than social media. As Big Pete pointed out, on ch9 Beau Ryan and Luke Lewis both pointed out it was the correct call. There's being objective and then there's trolling. You aren't fooling anyone.

8. If a tackled player loses possession of the ball at the moment of impact with an opponent or with the ground, play shall proceed unless stopped for some other reason, e.g. the ball has been knocked forward.

What about the 20 other ex players and referees that have said it was a try if you want to argue that way. Done enough talking about it. Didn't change the result so it's not a big deal but when it turns around and costs us a game I will be pissed like a whole lot of supporters. Done talking about it. The rule is above which says it is a try. Rule Book>Archers interpretation

Um, everyone's missing the fucking obvious. The Thaiday "knock-on". Thaiday goes to grab the ball, touches it (but doesn't bobble it), Moylan kicks it out (instigating the loss of possession) and it goes backwards towards our goal line. Thaiday ruled to have lost it.

IT'S THE EXACT SAME FUCKING THING. Where is the whingeing over that one?

Thaiday was deemed to have knocked on in the action of regaining the ball, they didn't call it knock on because of the kick from Moylan.

@JayPee you and Michael Di Lonardo aren't reading the rule correctly.

What the rule is referring to is when the ball has gone backwards without touching a defender. I can't find a specific rule in regards to a loose carry, I assume it's under a list of interpretations that hasn't been made public. However what we do know is that if a player loses possession and it makes contact with an opponent, goal-post, cross-bar what have you it's a knock on. Wallace lost possession of the football and it made contact with an opposition defender, it's pretty straight forward.

Yeah,yeah and The Melbourne one where he lost the ball and grounded it with his elbow should have been a try and we played Canberra on a dry track and Jack Bird TPA's for the win. We get it.

Thaiday was deemed to have knocked on in the action of regaining the ball, they didn't call it knock on because of the kick from Moylan.

I'd have to see a replay because it seemed like Thaiday was in the process of picking up the football before Moylan led in with the boot forcing a knock on.

I was surprised that Moylan's play wasn't considered dangerous.

@JayPee you and Michael Di Lonardo aren't reading the rule correctly.

What the rule is referring to is when the ball has gone backwards without touching a defender. I can't find a specific rule in regards to a loose carry, I assume it's under a list of interpretations that hasn't been made public. However what we do know is that if a player loses possession and it makes contact with an opponent, goal-post, cross-bar what have you it's a knock on. Wallace lost possession of the football and it made contact with an opposition defender, it's pretty straight forward.

I have watched it ten times and I have no idea where people are getting he lost possession Pete. You believe that Wallace was losing that ball into McGuires arm?

I'd love CH9 or Fox to release some footage of other similar incidents. I mean it's one thing to shit the bed over a decision but they obviously have a way to back up what they are saying but so far we have bubkis

I have watched it ten times and I have no idea where people are getting he lost possession Pete. You believe that Wallace was losing that ball into McGuires arm?

As soon as the ball makes contact with McGuire, and Wallace loses control of it, it's a knock on.

Absolutely, I thought we would get a penalty. They showed a replay of the incident in slow mo with explanation. I think there was the tiniest of knockons.

I'd love CH9 or Fox to release some footage of other similar incidents. I mean it's one thing to shit the bed over a decision but they obviously have a way to back up what they are saying but so far we have bubkis

This.

Atleast we are talking about the footy rather than fucking player movement during the season. Can't stand that. Stopped watching 360 because of that crap

Active Now

• Brocko
  • something
  • Fozz
  • Browny
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bongo
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • ezpz
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.