Round 9 - Cowboys vs Broncos

Kevvie happy with everything but the handling, and belief in themselves. Insists we'll start winning very soon. Says we looked the better team but let our guard down. He can't fault too many players on performance. Thinks Xavier will stay on.

Expects Milford & Gamble to be the halves pairing for the foreseeable future.

The only way is up. Sky's the limit.

Anyone who thinks Isaako is the problem with this team has got very little idea what they're talking about.

Yes, the unforced errors are obviously fucking annoying. He needs to concentrate significantly harder on making fewer errors in attack and defense.

With that being said, every single sweeping play that has resulted in points this season has had Isaako's finger prints all over it. He's drastically improved his ball playing this season, and his decision making. If he can get some of the errors out of his game and continue to work on his defensive positioning he'll be a very good all-around Fullback that kicks goals at above 80%.

The most egregious error tonight was Oates sprinting forward and trying to catch a ball in his fingertips on the goal line with Feldt in his face, I could have put $1 million dollars on him dropping that. I have no idea why on earth he ever goes for that type of catch.
I don’t think anyone was calling Isaako the main problem?

Clearly it’s Milford.

Kevvie happy with everything but the handling, and belief in themselves. Insists we'll start winning very soon. Says we looked the better team but let our guard down. He can't fault too many players on performance. Thinks Xavier will stay on.

Cheers for the tldr, i agree with him.

Anyone who thinks Isaako is the problem with this team has got very little idea what they're talking about.

Yes, the unforced errors are obviously fucking annoying. He needs to concentrate significantly harder on making fewer errors in attack and defense.

With that being said, every single sweeping play that has resulted in points this season has had Isaako's finger prints all over it. He's drastically improved his ball playing this season, and his decision making. If he can get some of the errors out of his game and continue to work on his defensive positioning he'll be a very good all-around Fullback that kicks goals at above 80%.

The most egregious error tonight was Oates sprinting forward and trying to catch a ball in his fingertips on the goal line with Feldt in his face, I could have put $1 million dollars on him dropping that. I have no idea why on earth he ever goes for that type of catch.
Nail meet head

He’s not exactly wrong. You can’t go lower than the spoon, luckily for us.

The thing is, if Lolo runs at any fullback in the game like that, be it Teddy, or Papz or Ponga, they are going to get steamrolled.
Not disputing that, I’m calling out his effort, he did not commit himself.

I personally thought Levi cost us the game, his playing was shit, was basically non existent in defence and he didn't even do his job at dummy half. Wasnt even at the play the ball. Like dude C'mon

He’s just about the worst Fullback in the game. In fact, there are better Fullbacks than him not even playing Fullback.
I don't agree with that. When he's on, he's up there with the best. But we all see his mistakes too.

Had Milford set him up with a field goal, he might've won the game for us.

I don’t think anyone was calling Isaako the main problem?

Clearly it’s Milford.
Our problem is ball handling, we have proven we can match it with most sides when we hold on to the ball, do it for 80mins and our attack will start to come together & we will win more than we lose.

Milford’s kicking game is still poor, give him the ball on the last & he shits himself, by the time he decides what he’s going to do he has pressure on him & he runs it. His confidence is shot too, for his own good he needs to move on.

I don't agree with that. When he's on, he's up there with the best. But we all see his mistakes too.

I think he’s our biggest liability and our biggest game breaker.

He might be the most rocks and diamonds player I’ve seen. Unforgivable errors perfectly balanced with unbelievable skill.

Can they just try someone else at fullback? Isucko man, Isucko. Our main problem is 9. 6. 1. Gamble can hold his head up high again.

Just as much chance he could have been caught scratching his balls and looking up at the stars.

To be fair to Isaako he played pretty well till that dropped ball, then it looked like he was gassed, probably just not fit enough to be a proper fullback.

Great game just that part after half time where we turned back into the bumbling Broncos for about 10 minutes killed us. Seeing one of the Cows halves run around Milford shows how much pace he has lost since that hammy injury. Pace was his main asset and if he has lost that it's time to let him go at the end of the season.

Hahahhahaahahhahaha Milford? How much have you had to drink? Herbie would be worse in defence, Arthars has been poor at Wynnum. Don't let personal greivences get in the way of the truth mate.
Yeah Milford, the only one of all the ones mentioned who has shown he is an NRL standard fullback.
No fucking idea. You're telling the story.
Well if you want to question the statement, you can answer my question. Do you believe that it was Isaako's decision to take the short kickoff?
I'll remember you of this when he is the fullback of the year next year mate
If Isaako spent the entire year in ISC, he wouldn't win best fullback of that comp

Nobody has said he is the only problem, however he is a consistent problem doing the same thing week after week and showing no signs of improvement.

Every sweeping play that's resulted in points had his hands on it because he's the fucking fullback, he is also the reason a lot of the sweeping plays often don't work with his shit ball playing ability, the bloke can barely pass left to right. Even his assist for Coates tonight was behind his head and it was a simple pass without any pressure on him. You just want him to fix up the errors in his game and his defensive positioning....Yeah I'm pretty sure he can do that in ISC, or do you expect the team to play with a fullback who isn't first grade standard for a few years? He either needs to go back to the wing, or go and learn how to play fullback in reserve grade.

What did you expect Oates to do? Just let Feldt catch a ball that was dropping 1m short of the goal line? Of course Oates had to make a play at the ball, if a winger doesn't play at that they should be hooked immediately.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, he’s an absolutely clutch Kicker, but as far as actual Fullback play is concerned ‘up there with the best of them’ is a gross overstatement.

I’m battling to think of a club where they’d trade their Fullback for ours?

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Manofoneway
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • broncotville
  • Strop
  • Bish
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • dasherhalo
  • Swordfish
  • davidp
  • Ondi
  • Foordy
  • Bronco bob
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Waynesaurus
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.