Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Still don’t think Boyd was that good. Charge out of the line a couple of times and missed plus should of wrapped up the ball a held on when got there early for that failed try stopper. And what’s with sitting on his ass with every catch but a least he doesn’t drop them I suppose. Will say that the pass for Oates try was pretty special but

That second half performance especially territory wise was as dominant as you'll ever see. A bright spot in a season of gloom. Hopefully they can give a good account of themselves next week. Losing Bird is massive and TPJ might struggle to be fit as well.

"Birdy is going to straight to get a scan. He’s injured his knee and it looks to be quite serious," Broncos coach Anthony Seibold said after the game.

"I don’t want to prejudge what we are going to find but he is quite upset in the change rooms and that is never a good sign."

"Birdy is going to straight to get a scan. He’s injured his knee and it looks to be quite serious," Broncos coach Anthony Seibold said after the game.

"I don’t want to prejudge what we are going to find but he is quite upset in the change rooms and that is never a good sign."
****! He's been so good for us this year. Thoughts are with him and that it's not as bad as the initial diagnoses.

We're damn lucky to have Roberts to slot straight back in and if he doesn't, you would have to wonder what the holdup is in his departure from the club.

Still don’t think Boyd was that good. Charge out of the line a couple of times and missed plus should of wrapped up the ball a held on when got there early for that failed try stopper. And what’s with sitting on his ass with every catch but a least he doesn’t drop them I suppose. Will say that the pass for Oates try was pretty special but

I wanted to chuck something at the TV when he batted that ball dead. He has done it twice when the ball has been 5 meters in the field of play. The one near the sideline against Canberra, and tonight when the ball pulled up short of the goal line. Other fullbacks would dive on the ball or pick up and back into the defence. Batting the ball dead is just heaping pressure on the other team mates you lead.
Slater was embarrassing himself on Nine, oohing and aahing about Boyd's 'effort plays'. He wanted to put a positive spin on Boyd's performance but was offering cringe worth commentary.
Agree that that Oates cut out pass was pretty special and I sincerely hope that the try he scored gives him confidence to replicate his 2015 form moving forward.

We're the Broncos
The mighty Broncos
We keep fighting every second till the end

We're the Broncos
The greatest team on earth
We're the heart of all Queensland

Never stop
We never rest
On and on
We beat the best
Never giving up we bleed maroon and gold

For the league
We risk it all
Miles above
We're standing tall
We're the finest and the greatest club of all

We're the Broncos
The mighty Broncos
We keep fighting every second till the end

We breathe in our soul
The best game of all
We are the Broncos of Queensland

Hey!!

Defence was pleasing, the wily new hooker had the others reved up to hunt as a pack. Him and Staggs are stronger than they look.
Not enough game time for Fifita, and Lodge had a long stint on the sideline which is still baffling interchange usage from the coach.
Best on ground was Haas, the others need to be more consistent in both halves to warrant praise.
Manly were gutsy, they would have put us to the sword if Des had a full strength team.
Lets not get carried away and talk up our players, old and young. Coach must reserve the backslapping and praise, reset and focus on Robinsons Roosters next week.
I actually thought lodge was pretty poor in his first stint. He played better in his second, but the game was already won by then.
I think its time to promote carrigan to run on lock. I have yet to see his performance dip which to me shows he is ready for longer spells. Flegler is a prop first and should be used as such (though he had a pretty good game).
I think isaako will have to earn his spot back in qld cup with some good performances (or why drop him at all?)
Whilst I'll agree with others that Shibasaki was poor, he was playing out of position. The injury frees up his prefered position. Hopefully he gets a shot at it, with isaako or whoever earning the last spot on Qld cup form.
I think the same is true of roberts' return as that of isaako. They need to earn it.
Turpin played well after a shaky start. Probably true of the whole team.
Darius led by example and is obviously a popular leader within the team. I hope this win gives him and the team the confidence to start the next game the way they finished this one.
The only thing that got me down (apart from bird's bad luck) was our dismal failure to defend the line. We need to fix that to have any hope at all of beating the roosters.

you would have to wonder what the holdup is in his departure from the club.

Souths not being able to use the Inglis money yet. I'd say they would've put in an offer once that money was freed up, but now that Bird is out, I'd say we may refuse to release him even if Souths do want him.

The only way the Broncos should even consider releasing Roberts is if we organize for Storm to release Curtis Scott to us.

Player Review (must be noted I didn't get to see the first 20 mins)

1. Boyd's best game since 2017. Got bounced off in Manly's last try, which was a bit displeasing but apart from that he was really good in every aspect. bagged some meat and an EPIC pass for Oatesy. 8/10
2. Oates
was constantly threatening close to the sideline. Huge linebreak off kick return. Scored one, probably could have scored another and almost scored a freaky one too! also an 8/10
3. Staggs
epic run in lead up to try and strong defensively. Didn't do anything wrong, solid without being flashy 7/10
4. Bird
strong runs and was shutting down plays well in D. Fingers crossed for Birdy, the one thing he has in his favour is that it looked like it didn't hurt too badly, and he paced around the field before he went into the shed (the later it's tested harder for physio to accurately tell cuz of swelling). A full rupture doesn't hurt too bad and is generally easier to fix than a tear. Fingers crossed its MCL and not the dreaded ACL - but physios are pretty spot on with that kind of thing. 6.5/10
5. Shibba
looked pretty shit, I know wing isn't his position but got caught out a few times, 2 disallowed tries outside him. Where's the awareness? also droppsys in attack and looked slow / didn't capitalise on a gifted linebreak 3/10
6. Milf
I am surprised nobody has commented on Milford that game - there was a 20 minute period where he had the ball on a string (Boyd & Gillo's try's) forcing repeat sets and getting hands on the ball around 4 times in a set. Was just lovely to watch. 8/10
7. Dearden
was like Staggs in the sense that he was solid without being flashy. Also he just doesn't seem to make mistakes which is really nice, has a great kicking game, solid defence. He has awareness in spades. It's like he's a seasoned NRL player after 2 games. 7/10
8. Lodge
didn't really have the impact of some of the other forwards, but he was still good 6.5/10
9. Turps
with 3 errors and a lot of excitement is better than Macca with 0 errors and no excitement. We didn't lose anything in our defence and our attack was on the front foot. He tries to make things happen, occasionally it doesn't work but it's nice seeing a bit of creativity. 6.5/10
10. Hass
was just awesome almost 200m no missed tackles no missed errors 9/10 & MOTM
11. Glenn
was looking threatening tonight, stoked for him to be finding some form and FINALLY forming a partnership with Milf and his centre on that left edge, he seems to work a lot better with Staggs than Bird. 7/10
12. Gillo
wasn't that he was bad he just wasn't that good either - but he did score a sick try, which was pretty cool. 6/10
13. Flegler,
I think I prefer him as an impact forward at this stage. Went a bit missing tonight & weakest performance of starting forwards 5/10
14. Patty
cakes was great tonight. Came on a lot earlier and momentum shifted straight away. Take us to the promised land you lovable bastard 7.5/10
15. Fifita
scored a late try but I think he tried too hard & overplayed his hand, I'm not liking Seib's usage of him 5/10
16. TPJ
wasn't making as many meters or many tackles, but he was dangerous and unpredictable every time he touched the ball 6/10
17. Joffa's
performance tonight was unreal. Over 200m and I think only 1 error from memory - which was a bullshit penalty anyway. Best performance from the bench of any player this season. 8.5/10

Player Review (must be noted I didn't get to see the first 20 mins)

1. Boyd's best game since 2017. Got bounced off in Manly's last try, which was a bit displeasing but apart from that he was really good in every aspect. bagged some meat and an EPIC pass for Oatesy. 8/10

9. Turps
with 3 errors and a lot of excitement is better than Macca with 0 errors and no excitement. We didn't lose anything in our defence and our attack was on the front foot. He tries to make things happen, occasionally it doesn't work but it's nice seeing a bit of creativity. 6.5/10

The Turpinator deserves more than that. I'd give him 8, despite his over-enthusiasm in the opening 15 minutes, which led to some sloppy tackles. He was trying to live up to Macca's tackle count. But he moved beyond that in spades freeing up the attacking structure to the likes not seen since he last played. For the first time this year, we look like we have an attacking spine. 8/10

Durius, a vastly improved attacking performance, but has to get docked for letting in both of Manly's tries. The first was entirely his fault as marker defender. That was his job. He read it wrong. A major ****-up. The second was an ineffective tackle. He should've got that one too. 6.5/10

Watch both of their tries in the highlights again:

First try isn't entirely on Boyd. He was caught out at marker due to Milford being on the ground.

One of the things you're taught when a player is caught out and leaves a hole, you come across and plug it. Matt Lodge failed to do so.

Does go to show....a bit of spark from dummy half and the rest of the spine come to life.

Imagine Turpin for 60-65 minutes.... Segeyaro for 10-15mins.

We should never have to put up with the mediocrity of Andrew McCullough, ever again.

Why was Macca in the coaches box.. it’s like he wanted to make it awkward for the coaching staff if they were to compare the games of his and Turpins.

One of the highlights of the game wasn't even any of the tries.

It was when Milford scored and threw the ball away. It hit Cummins square in the face. Loved it.

Also this kick from the God of Men:

First try isn't entirely on Boyd. He was caught out at marker due to Milford being on the ground.

One of the things you're taught when a player is caught out and leaves a hole, you come across and plug it. Matt Lodge failed to do so.

Caught out, alright:

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • jd87
  • Stix
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.