State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Don’t Sāmoa have any fans? It’s all Tongans at this game

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I thought it was a joke when a player said Tonga vs Samoa needs to have origin status.... but this game is a BRILLIANT advertisement for international rugby league..

So much passion that can't be manufactured

If you ever get a chance to watch the 2008 WC match between these two nations, watch it.

It was a very fiery encounter and one of the best of the tournament.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
For me that’s a no try, Murdoch Masila promoting the ball denied Samoa the opportunity to get a hand under it
It's a double movement every day of the week. Sure he would have scored anyway but he lifted his arm off the ground. Stupid mistake that should have been punished...

Same with tongas Shepard try. Sure it wasn't a bad Shepard but it was a clear example of he rule. He ran behind a player in the defensive line.

All that being said, tonga look the stronger side. But if the knights didn't screw samoa over by taking matiutai and moga away, plus Milford didn't need surgery Samoa would be a lot better I think

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
It's a double movement every day of the week. Sure he would have scored anyway but he lifted his arm off the ground. Stupid mistake that should have been punished...

Same with tongas Shepard try. Sure it wasn't a bad Shepard but it was a clear example of he rule. He ran behind a player in the defensive line.

All that being said, tonga look the stronger side. But if the knights didn't screw samoa over by taking matiutai and moga away, plus Milford didn't need surgery Samoa would be a lot better I think

Ese’ese has had a huge game as well, he’s the future for Samoa. Size, footwork and a bit of speed is what they need rather than just all out size

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014
Anyone know if offa and Pangai are carrying injuries or just not in the top squad for Tonga? Would like to see them get a run at some stage.

Good question. Anyone up with this? Hard to see how both Terepo and Murdoch-Masila are considered better options for the best side. If you throw in Hurrell, Vatuvei, TPJ, Joffa into this side it is pretty much a semi final team, with a good chance at an upset.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Is Samoa vs Tonga over already? The TV said it was starting at 5:30.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Tonga is second favourite for the tourney I think

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
Good question. Anyone up with this? Hard to see how both Terepo and Murdoch-Masila are considered better options for the best side. If you throw in Hurrell, Vatuvei, TPJ, Joffa into this side it is pretty much a semi final team, with a good chance at an upset.

The only change I would make to the side that played tonight is Vatuvei in for Tupou. TPJ for Terepo maybe but Tonga don’t lose anything with terepo in the side

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
In Australia, no Australian team playing, put an English ref on. Like, really?

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • Foordy
  • rj9
  • sooticus
  • LittleDavey
  • Rambstien
  • Shane Tronc
  • Seibs
  • Galah
  • Bish
  • Morkel
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • Robboi_321
  • broncos4life
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.