Great Britain
New Zealand
Rest of the World

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
**** that's sufficient to say he lost it.

Lebanon hard done by there. That was separation.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
How embarrassing to be stepped by a 120kg prop

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Robinson looks like he enlisted the Team America plastic surgery team. And poor Moses. You can just tell he’s been growing his “beard” for the last month.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
How good would the following tournament be :

Queensland
New South Wales
Combined Pacific Islanders
Great Britain
New Zealand
Rest of the World

Nay to the rest of the world. They'd be the whipping boys if the comp.

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014
Nay to the rest of the world. They'd be the whipping boys if the comp.

Maybe. I was thinking of a way to get PNG super competitive.

If combined Pacific Islanders is Fiji+Tonga+Samoa (ala rahrah), then I was thinking it was a way to get top PNG players high level experience, along with up and coming NRL and SL players (think Moses, James Roberts), mixed in with retiring guys to mentor and bring them along (Thaiday , Gallen , the big 3 in a year or two).

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Proud of the effort the Lebanese boys put in. Didn't embarrass themselves against a top tier nation.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Proud of the effort the Lebanese boys put in. Didn't embarrass themselves against a top tier nation.

Would have been nice if Farah was a bit more gracious in his post-match interview. He had every right to get pissed off but FFS show some class.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Two games today, same kickoff time. You can't make this shit up.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
I really hope PNG get the next NRL team..such a spirited team and footy means so much to them
It takes more than "spirit" to gain an NRL franchise. It takes money, infrastructure, competitiveness, a business plan, responsibility etc, none of which PNG currently possess. Attracting non PNG players to live in Port Moresby would be an impossibility, not to mention the locals who would jump ship if given the opportunity to live in the promised land. Expansion to PNG will never happen and rightly so.

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
It takes more than "spirit" to gain an NRL franchise. It takes money, infrastructure, competitiveness, a business plan, responsibility etc, none of which PNG currently possess. Attracting non PNG players to live in Port Moresby would be an impossibility, not to mention the locals who would jump ship if given the opportunity to live in the promised land. Expansion to PNG will never happen and rightly so.
That small mindedness is exactly why the first 3 rounds of the world cup is so shit

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Isnt it a country of 8 million? With great resources?... in the middle of Asia.... it won't be poor forever....

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
That small mindedness is exactly why the first 3 rounds of the world cup is so shit
The first three rounds are shit because RL is a tiny sport internationally. And in the areas where the game is popular (and lucrative), the sport is divided by class. I am encouraged though by the popularity it is gaining in TO and NY, fans there will take the game on face value and not give a shit about it's working class origins. The PNG folk love their RL but a NRL franchise would never work out. The NRL will be focusing on Perth, Gosford, a second Bris team, Rocky etc. before a PNG consortium is ever considered (which it never will be).

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
The first three rounds are shit because RL is a tiny sport internationally. And in the areas where the game is popular (and lucrative), the sport is divided by class. I am encouraged though by the popularity it is gaining in TO and NY, fans there will take the game on face value and not give a shit about it's working class origins. The PNG folk love their RL but a NRL franchise would never work out. The NRL will be focusing on Perth, Gosford, a second Bris team, Rocky etc. before a PNG consortium is ever considered (which it never will be).
I agree 100% that is the reason the first three rounds of the world cup are so shit, because we only look after Australian based teams, all I'm saying is I'd love to see it happen, I'm sure the Nrl could make it happen and as far as the skill levels go, with the same training and facilities an Nrl teams gets PNG in could give most teams a good run for their money. Probably got more chance getting someone to live full time in PNG rather then Rocky by the way lol

Unread

Active Now

• Galah
  • Old Mate
  • Battler
  • Justwin
  • phoenix
  • Gympie devil
  • Harry Sack
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Volvo Driver
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.