State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Danny Brough is another of those players, huge blow

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
3 Scotland players stood down for being refused entrance on to a flight for being too intoxicated, one of the players names is literally Johnny Walker.
This is a shocking scandal!!!!

It's a Scottish national team and they are drinking with a scotch whisky icon! They should be getting sacked if they're sober! Might play better too..

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Isnt it a country of 8 million? With great resources?... in the middle of Asia.... it won't be poor forever....
Unfortunately, resources and population don't determine wealth. It actually seems like it somehow works the opposite way, as the wealthiest countries/populations (except the Arabic Oil States) are in relatively poor resource locations, like Western Europe or Japan. On the other hand, you look at resource rich areas, like most of Africa, South Africa, South East Asia, and well... need I say more?

PNG is unfortunately in that boat in my opinion, where culture and mentality stands in the way of utilising those resources anywhere near efficiently to the country's and population benefit. Some local hands will be greased, and some multinational corporation(s) will take the bulk of the profits.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Unfortunately, resources and population don't determine wealth. It actually seems like it somehow works the opposite way, as the wealthiest countries/populations (except the Arabic Oil States) are in relatively poor resource locations, like Western Europe or Japan. On the other hand, you look at resource rich areas, like most of Africa, South Africa, South East Asia, and well... need I say more?

PNG is unfortunately in that boat in my opinion, where culture and mentality stands in the way of utilising those resources anywhere near efficiently to the country's and population benefit. Some local hands will be greased, and some multinational corporation(s) will take the bulk of the profits.
That's all true. I am by no means claiming they will be a world financial power in years to come, but their population and recourses gives them the potential to pull themselves out of extreme poverty as they are less and less isolated in the modern world

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I still don't understand how Australian fans can be so arrogant in regards to international footy. Watch the png vs Ireland game and the Samoa vs Tonga game and tell me this World Cup means nothing.
We aren't soccer but we aren't going to grow the game by complaining about a lack of competition. Every one knows the all blacks will win the union cup (a country 1/5th the size of Australia) unless they have an off day, just like the kangaroos with us. Yet it's because the all blacks are so amazing but with league there's just no competition? A best of the last 20 years kangaroos side vs the all blacks equivalent would demolish them, I don't care what anyone says.
So why are us Aussies complaining about it like it's some type of burden to watch. It's great footy

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I don’t care if PNG don’t have the resources themselves to sustain an NRL team. Looking at what they put in to these games it simply has to happen. They’re still raw but they’re at a whole new level to where they were pre-ISC.

If the NRL are happy to bail out teams like the Gold Coast, which no one gives a **** about (including those that live there), they can certainly invest in PNG.

What do they need? They already have a stadium. They already have a team and they can follow the prototype of some NSW Cup teams by having both a first grade and second grade team. It would really only be the hurdle of convincing non-PNG players and coaching staff to move over there. But with the current contract values of NRL players, coupled with the cost of living over there, they certainly won’t be doing it tough. Even for those players with young families I’m sure the NRL can grant them some additional funds for support networks that aren’t included in the Operations cap.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I don’t care if PNG don’t have the resources themselves to sustain an NRL team. Looking at what they put in to these games it simply has to happen. They’re still raw but they’re at a whole new level to where they were pre-ISC.

If the NRL are happy to bail out teams like the Gold Coast, which no one gives a **** about (including those that live there), they can certainly invest in PNG.

What do they need? They already have a stadium. They already have a team and they can follow the prototype of some NSW Cup teams by having both a first grade and second grade team. It would really only be the hurdle of convincing non-PNG players and coaching staff to move over there. But with the current contract values of NRL players, coupled with the cost of living over there, they certainly won’t be doing it tough. Even for those players with young families I’m sure the NRL can grant them some additional funds for support networks that aren’t included in the Operations cap.
It depends on whether you're willing to take the good with the bad... Port Moresby is not exactly a place I'd want to live and work, no matter the salary.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
I think the Irish are my favourite team of the World Cup. They have shown great heart in both games so far and play a pretty good brand of footy.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I think the Irish are my favourite team of the World Cup. They have shown great heart in both games so far and play a pretty good brand of footy.
This Irish team has won me over big time... png have made so many errors because of irelands hard hitting scramble defence

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Png shooting themselves in the foot here
They should be kicking early and backing their defence but they are trying to be one man hero’s

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
What happened to Scotland and Wales? They were playing Four Nations not long ago and putting in decent showings - hell, Scotland drew with New Zealand last time.

This tournament... what a mess.

Active Now

• Locky24
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Yem
  • broncs30
  • lakers133334
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Spooky1013
  • Fitzy
  • Jazza
  • winslow_wong
  • Brotherdu
  • Battler
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Maddy
  • Financeguy
  • porouian
  • Justwin
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.