OFFICIAL Rugby League World Cup Discussion

This Kangaroos team is one of the best gelling Roos teams I have seen in my lifetime. Morgan and Cronk halves pairing has been awesome imo.

Compared to JT/Lockie Cronk/JT or Alfie/Lewis? Cronk has been plumb average by his standards this tournament. Morgan is going well but we are smashing poor opposition. As for rest of team aside from Smith and Slater not seeing what others are stating. Holmes is looking good and might be willing to admit wrong on his selection but most tries were gifts from Morgan, a few really awesome ones but want to see how his current form holds against quality opposition.

Also agree stink of the Storm does leave a little sour after taste.

As for the tournament agree was no try for Tonga but not checking it is absolute madness. Can’t stand Cecchin, terrible ref. He seems like he conveniently rules with whatever the powers of be favour.

Whole tournament including convenient scheduling for major teams esp Australia (beyond explanation of ratings, who puts a semi in Brisbane same day as ashes test...) ref decisions going against certain nations, non neutral refs and ridiculous uneven pool system undermines the point of growing the game. It’s already on the nose having a World Cup with only 3 first tier nations. Worse with so many players not included. Needed to shorten NRL season by a month to accomodate seriously and make players prioritise the cup.

Channel 7 call not flash but still better than 9 or fox. Hate to say it but like Kiwi commentators for fairness and perspective.

Hugely pissed at last night’s result. I had Tonga reaching the final @ $9.00.

On a related note, how bad has Cheatchin been this tournament? Tried his hardest to stick to the script in multiple games. England had to get there to ensure the Poms still get excited about league for when the next one is on over there

Hugely pissed at last night’s result. I had Tonga reaching the final @ $9.00.

On a related note, how bad has Cheatchin been this tournament? Tried his hardest to stick to the script in multiple games. England had to get there to ensure the Poms still get excited about league for when the next one is on over there
It was a clear knock on. His hand was on his arm when the ball fell out. You'd have to give a penalty for a strip every time someone knocked on if that one was a penalty. Right call by "cheatchin" and I applaud him for not going to the video ref-right call why waste time and buckle to yelling in your face by fatfita. If anything, I think the video ref should be used A LOT less, captains call 1 strike you're out each game would be my choice

It was a clear knock on. His hand was on his arm when the ball fell out. You'd have to give a penalty for a strip every time someone knocked on if that one was a penalty. Right call by "cheatchin" and I applaud him for not going to the video ref-right call why waste time and buckle to yelling in your face by fatfita. If anything, I think the video ref should be used A LOT less, captains call 1 strike you're out each game would be my choice

I never argued the Fifita knock-on, only the result. I would have been happy for my betting account if it was ruled the other way but obviously it was a loose carry.

But there have been many instances where Cheatchin has almost blatantly given teams cheap penalties because they were losing or needed to make the game interesting. NZ v Fiji was a good example iirc

Josh Hodgson out of the WC final due to an ACL injury.

He will miss a large portion of 2018, as well.

It's been 11 years since Australia have won a tournament on home soil. 11 years.

I haven't watched any Aus games this World Cup, but I've thoroughly enjoyed watching the pacific nations matches :)

A Tongan lawyer is lodging an official complaint to the RLIF regarding Matt Cecchin.

He wants Checchin to be dropped due to his mental health issues and states that Tonga should be awarded the try and a spot in the final.

They just don't realize that the correct call was made.

A Tongan lawyer is lodging an official complaint to the RLIF regarding Matt Cecchin.

He wants Checchin to be dropped due to his mental health issues and states that Tonga should be awarded the try and a spot in the final.

They just don't realize that the correct call was made.

There are PLENTY of bad decisions this ref makes in almost every game, why go after the ONE good one?

This is so fucked up. We complain about Cecchin a lot but some of the shit that has been thrown his way is ridiculous. Like he is racist and if he was refereeing Australia vs England he would've gone to the video ref. Another one is that he didn't go to the video referee because it was Fifita and if it was any other player he would've gone to the referee. Take the emotion out of it and it is clear to see it was the right call

His display in the kiwi game was blatantly corrupt yet not a word. Go figure

Seriously though, how much better would a Aussie v Tonga GF been.

This is so fucked up. We complain about Cecchin a lot but some of the shit that has been thrown his way is ridiculous. Like he is racist and if he was refereeing Australia vs England he would've gone to the video ref. Another one is that he didn't go to the video referee because it was Fifita and if it was any other player he would've gone to the referee. Take the emotion out of it and it is clear to see it was the right call
Apparently his family have been threatened. Some Tongan fan gutted a dog and posted it on face book. Sick.

Seriously though, how much better would a Aussie v Tonga GF been.

I don't think it would have been better.

It would have been good for Tonga, but Australia would absolutely demolish them without breaking a sweat. England are the only team that have a chance of beating Australia, while it may be slim, they still have a chance. I like to think of what happened the last time Australia met Bennett in a final..

It will be more of a contest.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Mighty Bronx
  • ettybay
  • Battler
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.