OFFICIAL Rugby League World Cup Discussion

Had a feeling it was Cooper or Cooper and Billy's last AUS game last night after the anthem, Cooper was crying. Not his best game but what a wonderful rep career, well done Coop.

A great effort from England to keep it a contest for the whole game, and to restrict Aus to only 6 points

And they were without J Hodgson who is extremely important to their team

Funnily I don't recall his absence being mentioned by the commentators, but if they did it wasn't much

Imagine of Smith was missing from the Aus side? It would be mentioned every set!

If Smith wasn't playing and we had anyone else playing hooker we would have have won by more. how many times did he kick to Cronk this World Cup when there were 11 other options out there?

If Smith wasn't playing and we had anyone else playing hooker we would have have won by more. how many times did he kick to Cronk this World Cup when there were 11 other options out there?
But on the other hand, what about a fit Hodgson in the Pom 9?

But on the other hand, what about a fit Hodgson in the Pom 9?
2017 Hodgson wouldn't have made a difference. Bloke is living off his form from 2 years ago when the Raiders had an easy draw

2017 Hodgson wouldn't have made a difference. Bloke is living off his form from 2 years ago when the Raiders had an easy draw
That's true but throw a Pommie jersey on him, the Wayne Factor, and anything's possible.

No malice meant by this comment - I'm just going to assume you took my comment about Smith being missing and decided to make your own completely different point?

Because my post was meant to highlight how close the Poms got whilst missing a key player, who would have improved them :)

You reckon? He didn't have his best year but I reckon he's easily in the top 3 hookers in the game.

You reckon? He didn't have his best year but I reckon he's easily in the top 3 hookers in the game.
He didn't do much at all this year. He's lucky Jake friend and Farah have regressed so much recently. McCullough easily surpassed him, and Hunt was well on his way, Granville was better all season and Smith obviously. Two years ago I would have agreed but at this point in time he's on the same level as, if not lower than blokes like koroisau, Wallace, luke, friend and Farah.

Nrl website article:
England should have won the Rugby League World Cup and some team selections were debatable, according to the man interested in replacing Wayne Bennett as national coach - ex-Great Britain pivot Daryl Powell.
England players threw their support behind Bennett remaining at the national helm after their gutsy 6-0 World Cup final loss to Australia in Brisbane last weekend, which ended his two year tenure.
Bennett would not comment on his representative future after guiding England to their first World Cup final in 22 years.
But Castleford coach Powell has put up his hand, saying "if we'd been a little bit more clinical we would have won it".
"England is a big job and a special one so I'd be pretty foolish not to be interested if it did come up," he told The Yorkshire Post.
"Wayne has done a pretty tidy job.
"There was maybe a couple of things with his team selections which were debatable.
"There's lots of things to love about England in this tournament but I thought they probably should have won it.
"A little bit of composure and execution in key positions is where we fell down a little bit.
"If we'd been a little bit more clinical we would have won it."
Powell - who guided Castleford to a maiden Super League grand final this season - has already been linked to the Great Britain job when they reform to tour Australia in 2019.
"If you have any ambitions at all, you want to be coaching there...and the same with England as it's almost the same job," Powell said.
He also hinted that England would succeed if they stuck to their own style of play - not try and copy Australia.
"He (Bennett) has been a massively successful coach in Australia without a shadow of a doubt and the England players are really happy with him," Powell said of seven-time premiership winner Bennett.
"But we got beat by the Aussies playing their game a little bit better than us.
"We have our own identity here - or we should have - and that is a little bit different to what they produce.
"I think our halfbacks should be able to play a little bit differently to the Aussies ... I do think we have to play our own way."

This is exactly the type of delusional attitude that has held England back for 40 years now. "We have to do it our way", "our players are better" etc etc. It's their first World Cup final in 30+ years and the bloke is still making out like what they were doing before was working somehow. England have world class players but they are much more uncommon then Australia or nz, and they are never in key positions for a few years. Bennett is building something and very nearly pulled off a miracle yet this bloke is still in fairyland about the past

Yeah but if you want some guy’s job, you aren’t going to come and say he is doing it better and there’s is nothing to worry about are you?

DYXyLRHU0AEHIwp.jpg:large

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • broncos4life
  • Lostboy
  • Johnny92
  • Aldo
  • davidp
  • Bucking Beads
  • HarryAllan7
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • jarro65
  • Fatboy
  • Financeguy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • pennywisealfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • dasherhalo
  • Harry Sack
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.