RUMOR: "Biggest signing in the club's history"

Hey Wayne, if you wanna spend a bit of cash on an outside back..

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...n/news-story/14ef2cd6a5de08b300baad5126c7e1bb

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Roberts
5. Mansour

Wayne plz

My thoughts exactly when I read that this morning... I have been thinking it would be great to purchase a gun winger.... Kahu best position is centre - and such a good provider for his winger, be fantastic having Oates on his outside.

But it is hard to say no to Inglis - I agree he has looked past his prime for a while now - but change of pace under Wayne, losing some weight and moving back to the centre's I can see him having at least a couple more world class seasons in him. We wouldn't need him to play injured every week, or like a battering ram, plus the talent in our backline will take a lot of pressure off him - South's backs haven't been more than mediocre at best throughout their run over the last couple of years. A fit, lighter, faster Inglis who can can be more selective in attack and is enjoying his footy again (away from Madge, Bennet has a much better appreciation for making sure his players having a balance between footy and home + overtraining etc.) - I can't see that doing anything but widening our premiership window over the next 3+ years.

Plus, I don't think Wayne will pay as much for Inglis as some are making out. It is probably a question of what is the minimum the NRL will register his contract for - he won't have issues with 3rd party $$$'s up here. Bennet is second to none in cap management - especially when back at Brisbane. It won't be all our young guys on bottom $$ we lose to fit Inglis in, more than likely Gillet since Bennet doesn't pay forwards too much... Say we were to lose Gillet + Reed - would we need to lose that much more? I don't see enough of the lower grades to have an opinion - but from what those who do say on here it seems like we are a lot better placed to cover the loss of Gillet, then we are to bring an outside back through that it is as much of an upgrade on Reed as Inglis is? Anyway, by the time a back forces their way into first grade Oates will likely be ready for a move into the pack...

Last edited:
For or the right price, Inglis would be a no brainer. I don't think at this stage in his career it would be worth paying him huge money though.

Agree totally about Kahu replacing Reed. Would like to see Opacic outside of Roberts personally, or even Anderson if he can step up a bit. Eden has done well, but I still have a nagging doubt about him, he has had a habit in his career of making a lot of errors.

Why would Kahu be replacing Reed under those circumstances? At full strength with Inglis, I think Bennett would be playing him at left centre, Boyd at FB and Roberts at right centre, meaning the only spot available for Kahu is where he is right now...

However a backline of:

1. Boyd.
2. Oates.
3. Inglis.
4. Roberts.
5. Kahu.
6. Milford.
7. Hunt.

Would be amazing to watch. I'm not sure what would be better actually. Watching them playing or watching the meltdown Sydney would have over it...

Why would Kahu be replacing Reed under those circumstances? At full strength with Inglis, I think Bennett would be playing him at left centre, Boyd at FB and Roberts at right centre, meaning the only spot available for Kahu is where he is right now...

However a backline of:

1. Boyd.
2. Oates.
3. Inglis.
4. Roberts.
5. Kahu.
6. Milford.
7. Hunt.

Would be amazing to watch. I'm not sure what would be better actually. Watching them playing or watching the meltdown Sydney would have over it...

I was more thinking of instead of Inglis not with him.

How good would it be to have a class centre with fucked knees next to our class winger with what some are calling, fucked knees. I know I can't wait.

He's old, he's done.

While he is out of form, i wouldn't be writing him off just yet. If he did join us, i would have full confidence in Wayne getting the best out of him. Its all about how you managed him and his fitness to get the best from him, and i dont think Souths and Mcguire are doing it.

I don't care how cheap he comes. Greg Inglis''s card should have been marked "never to play for the broncos" after he fucked us over. He can rot at Souths with Rusty and the Burgesseseseses

Not enough of this imo. I remember how much of a slap in the face this was and everyone was super mad. Then, Greg played great in origin and all of a sudden everyone forgot about it and by the time round 25 came around when Souths played Brisbane, not one person besides me booed Inglis, when if he did that to any other club they would boo him out of the building.

Most Broncos fans care more about Queensland. But I'm going too far off point...

Inglis should be told that he is not welcome in Brisbane.

Can someone put the actual article up so we know what we are talking about?

Maybe this is payback. We tell him he's wanted here and that we need him, get him to sign the contract and then when it comes time to submit it to the NRL we just fucking burn it.

"We were about to sign it but we're all out of pen ink".

After Locky pretty much admitted it was the senior Qld players who told him Henjak was a basket case and he was better off somewhere else, I'm nowhere near as pissed off at him in the whole affair...

Finally someone with sense. Mates looking out for mates. That does exist.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

After Locky pretty much admitted it was the senior Qld players who told him Henjak was a basket case and he was better off somewhere else, I'm nowhere near as pissed off at him in the whole affair...

I still am. If he didn't want to come here because he was warned about Henjak then fair enough. But to come up with some bs about planes not flying in the rain was soft, why not just say he had concerns about the coach, or even just that he was having second thoughts, and that he wasn't going to sign or would need a few days to rethink his decision. Instead he fell back on something worse than "my dog ate the contract."

Absolutely nothing to do with Mundine paying his legal fees and Souffs organising half a million extra in dodgy 3rd party deals per year. No no, the deal with the Redfern BMW dealership is so not dependent on him playing for the Rabbitohs.

Active Now

• MasterWright
  • Bucking Beads
  • Ozired
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Financeguy
  • Spooky1013
  • Culhwch
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Brocko
  • ezpz
  • eggstar10
  • Johnny92
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  • Browny
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.