[RUMOR] Griffins future in doubt, Bennett/Walters to coach?

They have looked nothing like hook's first year. We all agreed back then, wow we had potential and it looked like what hook was doing was working. What changed, Kearney replaced Langer as assistants. Now seriously think about that for a second, a wooden spoon coach replaces a guy who was the heart and soul of the broncos for more then a two decades on the field and off the field. And probably one of the most skillfull players to ever played our game. Yet we are still wondering why we haven't performed. Locky retires and Langer leaves as skills coach and who takes the reins Wolf and Kearney. Please......... We need to get a assistant who can teach a tactical game plan and ground out wins with long kicks to corners and set plays in attacking zones and great defence. K Walters, Terry Matterson or Michael Hagan come to mind and I think would be fantastic fit for the broncos. Kearney couldn't coach a brick wall to keep a under 16's team out from scoring and wolf's attacking plays are dull and so 1990's. Put a football brain (tactical coach) with hook and let hook focus on man management and we will see the best of the team. IMO... If 2014 fails then move griffin on, but give him a year with some decent recourses and see what happens. Walters as assistant for 2014, Kearney sacked immediately !!

Last edited:
Maguire , his first season and with the team he took on! Hook took us to the preliminary in his first season with a lesser team . Maybe we need to wait and see if Maguire can back this up before throwing the kitchen sink at him

Maguire , his first season and with the team he took on! Hook took us to the preliminary in his first season with a lesser team . Maybe we need to wait and see if Maguire can back this up before throwing the kitchen sink at him

Agreed !

Griffin and Walters are still in the Bennett family tree.

Wayne Bennett > Craig Bellamy > Kevin Walters, Michael McGuire, Stephen Kearney, Anthony Griffin

For mine, we need a Trent Robinson or someone else with fresh ideas.

First season? This is his second season, 2012 Rabbits finished 3rd and within one game of the Grand Final. They are on target for at least the same this year.

Would like to see a Bennett-Walters combination that's a bit like the Connell-Bennett combination was in the 90s. Bennett overseeing player development, scouting young players, monitoring scholarships etc while Walters coaches the first graders.

Bennett obviously would have more than just that development role, but also mentoring Walters in managing his coaching staff etc.

I don't think Griffin will last past next season. He's not the right man.

Griffin will be be gone by November and Walters given the job.

First season? This is his second season, 2012 Rabbits finished 3rd and within one game of the Grand Final. They are on target for at least the same this year.

Yeah my mistake but you still can't compare our roster to theirs , I just think he needs to have a year full of injuries and some big names leave to see what he can produce . If he is successful over a 5 year period yeah for sure throw money at him . I also feel he has been dealt a easier hand than Griffin Imo

Yeah my mistake but you still can't compare our roster to theirs , I just think he needs to have a year full of injuries and some big names leave to see what he can produce . If he is successful over a 5 year period yeah for sure throw money at him . I also feel he has been dealt a easier hand than Griffin Imo

How about last season? Yes they have Inglis, but Maguire has got the best out of most of the players. John Sutton is 5 times the player he ever was now, Bryson Goodwin looks like a first grade footballer, Dylan Walker and Adam Reynolds have looked superb and full of confidence since their respective debuts.

He has a knack of getting the best out of players in my opinion, and selects players on performance. A real issue we have is that under performing players don't get punted. I think Maguire would be a superb signing.

good luck in the future anthony, and sorry it didnt work out. welcome kev. BHQ will be critiquing your every move.

to me this says walters is already feeling out whether an opportunity will exist to take over next year.

“I’m ready to coach a team by myself. If it’s not the Broncos, it might have to be somewhere else. But I’ve worked my butt off and I am very confident about what I can bring to an organisation.”

We have a roster that should be in the top eight easily and challenging the top four IMO. From what I've seen this year I don't think Griffin can turn this around next year. Sure Barba may grab a few tries and we could scrape a few victories on the back of that but our game plan, speed, fitness and execution is so far off the top teams its just not funny.

I'm not sure Kevie is the man for the job but saying that if he did get the job then he can't do much worse than Griffin has done this year. I just want us to get into a situation were we are sacking coach after coach.

This year is a major embarrassment to the our great club and an insult to all the great Broncos teams and players of the past..........heads should roll. If Griffin gets the chop then Kerney should as well.

They have looked nothing like hook's first year. We all agreed back then, wow we had potential and it looked like what hook was doing was working. What changed, Kearney replaced Langer as assistants. Now seriously think about that for a second, a wooden spoon coach replaces a guy who was the heart and soul of the broncos for more then a two decades on the field and off the field. And probably one of the most skillfull players to ever played our game. Yet we are still wondering why we haven't performed. Locky retires and Langer leaves as skills coach and who takes the reins Wolf and Kearney. Please......... We need to get a assistant who can teach a tactical game plan and ground out wins with long kicks to corners and set plays in attacking zones and great defence. K Walters, Terry Matterson or Michael Hagan come to mind and I think would be fantastic fit for the broncos. Kearney couldn't coach a brick wall to keep a under 16's team out from scoring and wolf's attacking plays are dull and so 1990's. Put a football brain (tactical coach) with hook and let hook focus on man management and we will see the best of the team. IMO... If 2014 fails then move griffin on, but give him a year with some decent recourses and see what happens. Walters as assistant for 2014, Kearney sacked immediately !!

who is this wolf you speak of ?

I just want us to get into a situation were we are sacking coach after coach.

Would you rather find a great coach after hiring and firing a bunch of mediocre ones, or stick with a mediocre coach simply because firing him 'looks bad'?

I don't get what the deal is with this concern that sacking coaches makes us look like a bad or poorly managed club. Seriously, doesn't fielding a bad team playing bad football under a bad coach already do that? Hook had three years - in the modern game that seems a pretty standard trot, and by far long enough to make a judgement on skill and/or potential.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • Jazza
  • Johnny92
  • Midean
  • Organix
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • Morkel
  • theshed
  • Justwin
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Gympie devil
  • Skyblues87
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.