[RUMOR] Griffins future in doubt, Bennett/Walters to coach?

who is this wolf you speak of ?

Kristian Woolf is in his second year as assistant coach to Anthony Griffin at the Broncos. In 2011 he took the Cowboys under 20's to the Grand Final, losing in extra time. The Mount Isa-raised Woolf was previously development manager at the Cowboys and coached at famed Townsville High School Ignatius Park. (sorry I didn't realise he had 2 oo's in his name)

How about last season? Yes they have Inglis, but Maguire has got the best out of most of the players. John Sutton is 5 times the player he ever was now, Bryson Goodwin looks like a first grade footballer, Dylan Walker and Adam Reynolds have looked superb and full of confidence since their respective debuts.

He has a knack of getting the best out of players in my opinion, and selects players on performance. A real issue we have is that under performing players don't get punted. I think Maguire would be a superb signing.

Player's get confidence playing with great player's to and it's easier to drop player's when u got depth. I'm not saying he isn't a good coach cause he has obviously put together a great structure there, but I don't think Griffin has had the same luxuries as him . Souths have been building and buying for some time now , while broncos have been sticking with juniors and losing them . Don't like using injuries as an excuse but we have had more than our fair share.

How about last season? Yes they have Inglis, but Maguire has got the best out of most of the players. John Sutton is 5 times the player he ever was now, Bryson Goodwin looks like a first grade footballer, Dylan Walker and Adam Reynolds have looked superb and full of confidence since their respective debuts.

He has a knack of getting the best out of players in my opinion, and selects players on performance. A real issue we have is that under performing players don't get punted. I think Maguire would be a superb signing.

sounds like we could've had him ...

Wigan fears as coach Michael Maguire is linked with Brisbane Broncos | Sport | theguardian.com

Kristian Woolf is in his second year as assistant coach to Anthony Griffin at the Broncos. In 2011 he took the Cowboys under 20's to the Grand Final, losing in extra time. The Mount Isa-raised Woolf was previously development manager at the Cowboys and coached at famed Townsville High School Ignatius Park. (sorry I didn't realise he had 2 oo's in his name)

Think he is going back to the Cowboys

We should be ruthless an get Bellamy/Maguire to break contract just like the Dogs did with Des.

Bennett overseeing things but not head coach.

I guess we can add that to the 'major stuff up' list just under Bellamy and Inglis.

That list is getting steadily longer and longer. This current administration is seriously a joke.

That list is getting steadily longer and longer. This current administration is seriously a joke.

Hindsight is always 20/20. What if the Portland Trailblazers picked Michael Jordan in the 1984 draft instead of Sam Bowie? Maybe they might have won 6 premiership rings... Who knows...

Despite coaching at other clubs Bennett's heart bleeds maroon and gold and the Broncos will always be his team just like Kevvie Walters. Both understand the Broncos culture and it would be hugely beneficial if either were around the joint.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

There's no hindsight needed, Bruno fucked the Bellamy deal and he was the perfect coach to take over the reins after Bennett.

Inglis bailed as a result of us having a crap coach (cleared the decks for Bennett and he knocked us back) and I can't blame him for that.

Last edited:
Wouldn't you wait to see if he's not a one year wonder like Kevin Moore or Griffin?

He was successful coaching the Catalans Dragons in France and had a hand in the Roosters 2010 season.

I find the attitude of some Broncos' fans interesting.

You don't want the current staff because they haven't had success and perceived weaknesses but you're keen for Kevvie who no club has wanted as a head coach for over 10 years of trying and he's been sacked by the Broncos before.

That's a bit of a contradiction.

You don't want the current staff because they haven't had success and perceived weaknesses but you're keen for Kevvie who no club has wanted as a head coach for over 10 years of trying and he's been sacked by the Broncos before.

I agree, but I actually would like Kevin as assistant coach and I hope he accepts that role.

I also wouldn't mind Michael hagan as AC.

Tbh with you I don't think anyone could be worse then Hook has currently been. Also you can say nobody has offered or taken him on board as a head coach but does that really mean anything? Obviously you have more inside knowledge then the average punter. Honestly i will be very reluctant to renew my membership with Hook and his current predictable bullshit.

A very valid point, although not only have we been unsuccessful in general over the past 2 years (by bronco standards), but just the brand of football our team has been producing has been fucking boring. Not once have we pulled together 80 minutes of exciting football. It's boring to watch and we have just outright sucked for ages now and I'm over it. And you can't blame it on "post locky" because good management would have had an answer. Anthony Griffin has to be the one to cop it, we need someone a bit harsher

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brotherdu
  • BruiserMk1
  • Manofoneway
  • bazza
  • Ondi
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Tim K
  • mitch222
  • Broncs1459
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.