[RUMOR] Griffins future in doubt, Bennett/Walters to coach?

In the hands of a good coach, for mine, we are top 4 material (barring injuries)

Gillett + Glenn = as good a back row as there is

Hodges is up there with the best

Reed is under-rated. The combination of Hunt>Gillett>Reed>Oates has shown to be deadly

Parker + McGuire + Hannant = as good a set of forwards as any

Griffin has fucked it well and truly

Last edited:
:001_rolleyes:

Posts like these are unacceptable on BHQ.

If you disagree with somebody, respectfully explain why and leave it at that. Posting emoticons adds NOTHING to the discussion and just causes it to go off-topic, like it has done so here.

Just a heads up for those unaware of our policy.

Our roster is very very good. Griffin can't coach it. He coaches his own personal style which is nothing different to when he was coaching QCup.

He imposes his will = coaching talent OUT of key players. He has no idea how to develop a player's talent and skill set

I wish he would just go away

I agree.

I believe now that the main reason he was employed as first grade coach was purely due to the fact that so many of his U20 players were now playing in the top side.

Thing is, it's a totally different game in the top grade.

You have to be adaptable to be successful.

Hook doesn't appear to be adaptable at all and relies on a very simplistic gameplan.

I wonder whether the players actually get a say in what kind of gameplan the team uses ?

I think I would like Mal Meninga as head coach and Hagan and Walters as assistant coaches. We would do alright with that combination. Please keep in mind this is my opinion and does not represent the opinion of the Brisbane Broncos, NRL, QLD Rugby League or BRONCOSHQ. Spoken by a moron for all morons with a too high opinion of themselves.

I agree.

I believe now that the main reason he was employed as first grade coach was purely due to the fact that so many of his U20 players were now playing in the top side.

Thing is, it's a totally different game in the top grade.

You have to be adaptable to be successful.

Hook doesn't appear to be adaptable at all and relies on a very simplistic gameplan.

I wonder whether the players actually get a say in what kind of gameplan the team uses ?

THIS - what a great post

That combo was certainly nowhere in my thinking, but it is worth considering if it were a possibility. Absolutely loved that opinion clause!! Bloody hilarious! Would be a great sig.

Yep - should be the sig of a certain coach

Here's a question as bad a job as Stuart has done with the Eels this season, if it was Griffin there do you think he would have done better or worse?

I don't really rate Sticky as a coach, he's too emotional. That's a tough one GC.

Parra have needed more discipline and to play more boring football, we needed some enterprising attack and a focus on halves.

I don't really rate Sticky as a coach...................because he is an idiot!

He just rambles on about a whole lot of nothing, so pleased he is gone from the Game Plan. I honestly have no idea why clubs seem to want to throw money at him.

A good coach gets into the hearts and minds of his players

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? He is right we have a good roster when the entire team is fit and Barba now hopefully adds the Xfactor we need to compete. The coach just has to work out why it's not clicking.
The original post said "very very good roster" which to me implies that the roster is only one "very" short of an all time great or exceptional roster.

In the hands of a good coach, for mine, we are top 4 material (barring injuries)

Gillett + Glenn = as good a back row as there is - Gillett is very hot and cold, he does as much wrong as he does right. Glenn appears to be a one season wonder and is just toiling along.

Hodges is up there with the best - Yes he is but he has carried Brisbane the last 3 years, his body will not take much more and he is on the way out. At this stage of his career he should be supporting the young guns, not carrying them.

Reed is under-rated. The combination of Hunt>Gillett>Reed>Oates has shown to be deadly - Reed is imo highly Over rated, not under rated, same for Hunt.

Parker + McGuire + Hannant = as good a set of forwards as any - Parker has been great, a true champion but he is on his last legs, McGuire it appears will just pick up the slack and not reach his full potential due to the team he is surrounded by. Hannant as I said in another post is way past his best, a very good forward throughout his career but he is looking podgy and is on his last legs in first grade.

Griffin has ****ed it well and truly
If you can call the above mentioned players including the fringe players not mentioned as being "very very good" then I would love to see how you rate a grand final winning team. Brisbane next year will look more like Dad's army with a couple of young recruits, one apparent star who has not starred for a couple of years and who has a cloud over him, a coach with NFI, a defensive coach with even less of an idea and no decent halfback or 5/8 and a hooker who needs a rest all of the time. :laugh:

We will be lucky to make 12th next year.

Very very good indeed.....

The original post said "very very good roster" which to me implies that the roster is only one "very" short of an all time great or exceptional roster.

If you can call the above mentioned players including the fringe players not mentioned as being "very very good" then I would love to see how you rate a grand final winning team. Brisbane next year will look more like Dad's army with a couple of young recruits, one apparent star who has not starred for a couple of years and who has a cloud over him, a coach with NFI, a defensive coach with even less of an idea and no decent halfback or 5/8 and a hooker who needs a rest all of the time. :laugh:

Lol, you speak about being realistic yet you can't do this yourself. What do you mean "apparent" star? Barba IS a star, that isn't exactly disputed by anyone... Well besides you. Barba starred in 2012, so how has he not starred in a couple of years? Do you really rate Barba so low?

Lol, you speak about being realistic yet you can't do this yourself. What do you mean "apparent" star? Barba IS a star, that isn't exactly disputed by anyone... Well besides you. Barba starred in 2012, so how has he not starred in a couple of years? Do you really rate Barba so low?
Would you say Barba played as well in 2012 as he did in 2011 or did his form decline?

He is the 2012 Dally M medalist, so his form last year was superb, as it was the year before, top try scorer two years in a row. Says a fair bit about his ability really. How many fullbacks go close to top try scorer? Make a list if you can, if you do, tell me if those fullbacks are stars or not.

Yes, it is very very good. How good will become apparent when the side is both properly conditioned and coached

He is the 2012 Dally M medalist, so his form last year was superb, as it was the year before, top try scorer two years in a row. Says a fair bit about his ability really. How many fullbacks go close to top try scorer? Make a list if you can, if you do, tell me if those fullbacks are stars or not.
i don't doubt he has ability and you seem to have singled him out for some reason out of my comments, but unless there is a lot of broken play for him to run in, then I don't think he will be the saviour. He is ordinary under the high ball, okay in defence, his main strength is broken play running, I cannot see him having a lot of opportunities to use that with the current roster. Put him in a team going forward that has run the other team around and tired them out through tackling and then he becomes potent.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Mick_Hancock
  • RolledOates
  • Jedhead
  • theshed
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.