[RUMOR] Griffins future in doubt, Bennett/Walters to coach?

[FONT=Arial, MS Trebuchet, sans-serif]I think its clear as Gordie pointed out in his article that it is just going backwards, 20 wins in 2011 12 in 2012 and only 9 this year, looks like we will be battling it out with parra for the spoon in 2014 if Hook still has any influence over the team. **** he is a useless prick.[/FONT]​

I find the attitude of some Broncos' fans interesting.

You don't want the current staff because they haven't had success and perceived weaknesses but you're keen for Kevvie who no club has wanted as a head coach for over 10 years of trying and he's been sacked by the Broncos before.

That's a bit of a contradiction.
I understand your point re Kevvie, but I think the whole matter is more about people thinking that anyone with a clue about RL would do better than the current coaching staff, and Kevvie is not just anyone, he has served apprenticeships under the best, is a Bronco at heart, and as others have said, knows the club's culture and traditions.

None of it is a guarantee of success of course, but a lot of people think it's worth the gamble, and I am honestly aligning myself with them...

I put more blame on the lack of recruitment. Hook hasn't exactly had a superstar squad to work with.

I am not against Kevvie or bagging him although I do think people are overlooking a lot. I am just pointing out the same reasons being put forward to punt the current staff is being ignored to want to hire Kevvie.

Welcome to BHQ, 1910. We call for change just for the sake of change, and consider stepping sidewards the same as moving forwards.

How is questioning Griffins performance calling for change for the sake of it ?. He backed the current squad and said we didn't need to go to the market, then he undermined his chosen 5/8 and lost him to another club.
Even if his spine developed into something special by that time the heart and sole of our forward pack would be gone and he has yet to bring through anyone to replace them.
He has not done his job very well and should be held to account.

I'm as big a critic of Griffin as anyone, I'm just saying that dropping a current coach that players like for an unproven quantity in Walters isn't necessarily an improvement.

I'm as big a critic of Griffin as anyone, I'm just saying that dropping a current coach that players like for an unproven quantity in Walters isn't necessarily an improvement.

To me this is a huge part of the problem. The side are playing like busteds, are painfully unfit yet all we hear is about how much they like the coach. To me that says the like the coach because he doesn't push them hard and lets them take short cuts. Honestly if as a group you were playing terribly and individually your form was akin to a park footballer but the coach just patted you on the back and kept picking you, wouldn't you like him?

There is a big difference between being liked and being respected

I put more blame on the lack of recruitment. Hook hasn't exactly had a superstar squad to work with.

Recruitment hasn't been great, but our squad should be doing performing far better than it has.

IMO when it's hard to do worse and you might do better then you go with the second option.

Griffin won't make a call on anything, Sam has proven he is not a captain but he's still there, Wallace should have been replaced 2 months before he was,
we needed to add some players to our squad, he backed the current squad, he sticks stubbornly to his outdated game plan, he is just proving constantly that he doesn't know how to fix this mess so give someone else a go.

The coach should have to wear some of the blame for recruitment, the coach would have a fair say in who his cattle is and what was needed if he felt there were weaknesses in the squad to improve.

To me Griffin either honestly believed that the squad he has had post Lockyer was what he needed to win the comp, or at least be a fighting chance or, he sees the areas for improvement but cant attract the talent or cant spot the talent.

Injuries would be more of an excuse for Griffin than recruitment.

Imagine what Bellamy could do to our clusterjizz. God dammit, bring on Walters.

Our roster is very very good. Griffin can't coach it. He coaches his own personal style which is nothing different to when he was coaching QCup.

He imposes his will = coaching talent OUT of key players. He has no idea how to develop a player's talent and skill set

I wish he would just go away

I understand the points being put forward here that the players like griffin etc, but i think that relationship and his loyalty to them has been toxic. Its clear that he has stuck by a lot of his group from the 20's regardless of performance. It's all well and good to like a coach but i don't think any other first grade coach would have kept selecting the same players with some of the bullshit performances they served up this year.

Eye rolls add so much to discussion. Do you think you could elaborate Steve?

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.