RUMOR: Marmin Barba training with the first grade squad?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I can't link to it but if you go onto the official Brisbane Broncos facebook page, you can see a video of the guys messing around in Socceroos jerseys (Vidot seems to be fitting in nicely now). Towards the end, you can see Alex Glenn telling Marmin to "Do your flips, brah!".

So Marmin does his flips, and it's clearly Marmin because his jersey says "M. Barba".

Is the younger brother not far away from a callup? And if so, what position will he play?

Everyone in the 25 man squad trains together, I believe.

He's playing bench winger for Ipswich so not exactly worthy of a call up

He's playing some pretty good football for the Jets despite the fact that he's coming off the bench.

But Alec would be right in that it's not unusual for someone for a fringe player to be training with the first grade squad.

Yeah you'll often see the weekly training pics on the Broncos site including both Barba's, Mills, etc.

He's playing bench winger for Ipswich so not exactly worthy of a call up

He's an impact bench player because the Walker brothers are friggin geniuses. Not just a bench winger at all.

These Walker boys seem to be pretty damn good coaches from all reports, ready for the step up if Griffin goes?

He's an impact bench player because the Walker brothers are friggin geniuses. Not just a bench winger at all.

This. He gets put on the Wing, but plays a roving role in attack, more like a Fullback/Five-Eighth.

He's still very young and very small physically.

This. He gets put on the Wing, but plays a roving role in attack, more like a Fullback/Five-Eighth.

He's still very young and very small physically.

He's 23. Not sure if he's smaller than Matt Bowen was.

He's 23. Not sure if he's smaller than Matt Bowen was.

Don't know their physical statistics but he looks smaller to me? Mango was short but nuggety. Marmin looks quite slight in comparison.

I like the walker brothers they are very unorthodox where the starting wingers go into the forwards and bring on two wingers who have a roaming commission. It hurts them at times but when it works the opposition just can't get over them. Harsh to say he was a bench winger but at tame time he's meant to be a fullback and he can't get a starting spot

I believe if given a chance, he could be a star in the NRL, just like his brother.

Cheers for the heads up IBM, as others have pointed out he's been training with the squad since the first day of the off-season but you meant well and it's extra incentive to check the training photos out because at times it will reveal a unannounced NYC guy training with the senior squad (eg. Jayden Nikorima).

On Marmin, he has the one assett that can't be coached and is always going to be handy - speed. For that, it's worth giving him a punt at Queensland Cup level where the conditions are a lot more forgiving. I think he's a long way from first grade and really needs to work on his handling, positioning, weight etc. if he really wants to make it.

Haven't seen or know a lot about the Jets to really comment on the Walker Bros. as coaches. Plenty of wraps but difficult to pump their tires without being made aware of their track record or seeing consistent footage of the side. Chris Garry reckons they have an NRL gig lined up somewhere, will be interesting to hear what sort of role they might have, where at and if they'll accept it.

There's just no substitute for speed. Hopefully he gets to a point where we can play him in FG.

There's just no substitute for speed. Hopefully he gets to a point where we can play him in FG.

too bad hook likes to substitute speed for bulk and weight

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Dazza 92
  • RolledOates
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skathen
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brotherdu
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.