(Rumour) Ben Hunt new captain?

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Ben Hunt To Be Broncos Captain In 2016

There are reports that Ben Hunt will be named the next captain of the Brisbane Broncos ahead of both Andrew McCullough and Darius Boyd.
Ben Dobbin told the Triple M Brisbane Grill Team that the decision has been made and Hunt will takeover from Justin Hodges. “there is obviously Andrew McCullough and Darius Boyd but Ben Hunt will be the captain in 2016.”

"Hunt is unflappable, they believe he talks very well in public. He is the future of that club and it's the right time for him" added Dobbo.
Corey Parker and Sam Thaiday will still be at the club next season but both have captained before and there is a belief the club wants to look to the future and Hunt is the man to do that.

While I'm somewhat sceptical Bennett did do the same with Allan Langer in 1992 because he felt with the added responsibility it would lift his game to the next level, he may feel the same for Ben Hunt. I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

While I think Bhunt would be a great captain I will wait until someone else says it other than Dobbo. If Dobbo reckons it's happening there is just as much chance of Aaron Whitchurch captaining the club from Q Cup.

He would be a great captain. Will defs take his game go the next level

I think Hunt would make a good captain but seriously....Dobbo doesn't know crap. Hardly anything he says comes true. I'm suprised he gets air time on Nrl 360.

Bennett wont even think about this until next year. And seriously, Dobbos word means absolutely **** all. He has a success rate of 1/800000000

Do you know that one kid in school that just speaks nothing but crap?

Keeps making shit up about himself and other people?

That's Dobbo.

And the players go on pretending that he's "in the know" because that way they can keep feeding him BS.

Dobbo covers all his bases.

The typical report

"I'm hearing that Sam Thaiday is on the outer. Now, the Broncos still have plenty of time to come to terms with the star backrow, but don't be surprised if you see him down on the Gold Coast. Neil Henry is a big fan of the State of Origin backrow and is prepared to do whatever it takes to bring Sam to the Gold Coast. My mail is that he's headed there UNLESS the Broncos start moving."

To be fair, that's a fairly accurate portrayal of the market place. Managers stringing clubs along trying to work out the best deal. Dobbo may as well be forthright and throw some Cuba Gooding Jr into his report - all he's doing is helping the players out with the negotiations.

With all of that out of the way, I wouldn't be disappointed with Hunt as Broncos Captain. The club should be thinking long term. Corey Parker is a quality player, but he probably has a year or two left in him before he's ready to retire. Who does that leave?

Thaiday? Been there, failed that.

Alex Glenn? Like Sam, goes MIA too often.

McCullough? Could work, but does he have that extra gear in him to come up with the big play?

Boyd? Could work as well. Has plenty of experience, time is on his side and he's already having to direct boys from the back. The question is, how well does he get on with everyone? Being a new recruit, can he relate to his players as well as others? Can he help guide them?

Dobbo covers all his bases.

The typical report

"I'm hearing that Sam Thaiday is on the outer. Now, the Broncos still have plenty of time to come to terms with the star backrow, but don't be surprised if you see him down on the Gold Coast. Neil Henry is a big fan of the State of Origin backrow and is prepared to do whatever it takes to bring Sam to the Gold Coast. My mail is that he's headed there UNLESS the Broncos start moving."

To be fair, that's a fairly accurate portrayal of the market place. Managers stringing clubs along trying to work out the best deal. Dobbo may as well be forthright and throw some Cuba Gooding Jr into his report - all he's doing is helping the players out with the negotiations.

With all of that out of the way, I wouldn't be disappointed with Hunt as Broncos Captain. The club should be thinking long term. Corey Parker is a quality player, but he probably has a year or two left in him before he's ready to retire. Who does that leave?

Thaiday? Been there, failed that.

Alex Glenn? Like Sam, goes MIA too often.

McCullough? Could work, but does he have that extra gear in him to come up with the big play?

Boyd? Could work as well. Has plenty of experience, time is on his side and he's already having to direct boys from the back. The question is, how well does he get on with everyone? Being a new recruit, can he relate to his players as well as others? Can he help guide them?

Did anyone else read the bolded words in dobbos voice?

Yes and naked with a manic grin on his face!!!!!

uHyVZAA.jpg

Could be good.

He's very vocal on field in giving team mates sh*t for not putting in effort (which can undermine team support) or making a dumb decision.

He's an effort on effort guy (like Thurston). Always there in cover defence. I think he's got that champion quality. Would love to see him in State of Origin... alas.

One of my mates deadset hates him (as a Cowboys supporter). If there's something there to polarize opinions, maybe that's an indicator of a personality malfunction that I just don't see as a biased Broncos fan.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • heartly87
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • BooKhaki
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • kiwi2
  • Broncorob
  • porouian
  • Sproj
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.