[Rumour] Chris Sandow ---> Broncos

If we're going to take a punt on a player in the halves, all of these would be ahead of Sandow for mine, in no particular order:

- Strasser
- Nikorima
- Cullen
- Paia'aua
- Kahu
- Berrell
- Taylor (with his arm in a sling)
- Porthoz

Probably half of the Qcup halves as well.

If we're going to take a punt on a player in the halves, all of these would be ahead of Sandow for mine, in no particular order:

- Strasser
- Nikorima
- Cullen
- Paia'aua
- Kahu
- Berrell
- Taylor (with his arm in a sling)

Probably half of the Qcup halves as well.

You forgot Hoffman.....

Good eye Beads.

I believe fans of the move are living in a world of ideals and not reality. First off, Parramatta aren't going to pay a bloke $550K to benefit another club and doubt they'd go any lower than $300K so this scenario of Sandow coming up here on some second tier salary contract where money isn't concern just isn't going to happen.

'Okay whatever, $250K that wasn't going to be used anyways, clearly Sandow is better than nobody'.

Not necessarily.

Because by bringing Sandow up here there are a lot of implications you need to consider. On the field, you'd have to completely restructure your side to compensate for his flaws and build new combinations to suit his style. This would have been fine if it was the off-season, but bringing him at this point would just be counter-productive and I doubt it'd win him a lot of support from his team mates.

Speaking of which, off the field, what kind of influence would he have? Clearly he has a bit of baggage and we've already got a few roughies up here in Barba + Vidot, would Sandow be the straw that breaks the camels back?

Look, I don't blame fans for at least considering the idea. Nothing wrong with that, I just hope fans consider all the implications instead of jumping to the move because they don't happen to like the make-shift move of Hoffman to five eigth.

I don't think that's what Beads meant BP... :wink:

Good eye Beads.

I believe fans of the move are living in a world of ideals and not reality. First off, Parramatta aren't going to pay a bloke $550K to benefit another club and doubt they'd go any lower than $300K so this scenario of Sandow coming up here on some second tier salary contract where money isn't concern just isn't going to happen.

'Okay whatever, $250K that wasn't going to be used anyways, clearly Sandow is better than nobody'.

Not necessarily.

Because by bringing Sandow up here there are a lot of implications you need to consider. On the field, you'd have to completely restructure your side to compensate for his flaws and build new combinations to suit his style. This would have been fine if it was the off-season, but bringing him at this point would just be counter-productive and I doubt it'd win him a lot of support from his team mates.

Speaking of which, off the field, what kind of influence would he have? Clearly he has a bit of baggage and we've already got a few roughies up here in Barba + Vidot, would Sandow be the straw that breaks the camels back?

Look, I don't blame fans for at least considering the idea. Nothing wrong with that, I just hope fans consider all the implications instead of jumping to the move because they don't happen to like the make-shift move of Hoffman to five eigth.

Marry me.

I really would prefer not to have Sandow at the club I'm just desperate for some help in the halves.

I really would prefer not to have Sandow at the club I'm just desperate for some help in the halves.

We have at least 2 juniors that would be infinitely better options than Hoffman but Griffin, being the genius that he is, refuses to take a risk on them.

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

the headline in this article is just plain wrong... if you ready the article, the only quote from sterlo about the Broncos is:

“I don’t know if Chris Sandow has any other offers, I don’t know if it’s an urban myth but there is talk around the Broncos could be showing interest."

although he does go on about Parramatta needing to get rid of Sandow.

I've got a feeling he could be coming our way. No inside news just a gut feeling. :wacko:

We are pretty lite-on for halves.

Hope we don't show interest, our halves need improvement and while Sandow does have attacking ability his flaws outweigh his positives considerably and no club he has played has achieved success during his stay there.

I'd be happy to have Sandow come up if he was as cheap as chips. Couple reasons for that are , his presence would maintain pressure on Hunt and secondly he does possess the talent to play first grade. He is proven although naturally he is not like Thurston or Cronk etc. If he was cheap and looking for redemption he could well be a great acquisition . Sometimes when it dawns on a player they have a last shot they grab the chance. The gambler in me would punt on a bargain basement player.

we shouldn't even look at him unless Parramatta are prepared to pay half his salary at a minimum until his contract would have expired.

we shouldn't even look at him unless Parramatta are prepared to pay half his salary at a minimum until his contract would have expired.

i want parra to pay 90% of his salary to be interested. They need to offload him far more than we need him, he's plying reserves so any price we take him at is a salary cap release for them.

If we were to consider Chris "speedbump" Sandow, we might as well go with Nikorima, who is a similar player, cheaper, probably defends better, and doesn't have the baggage!

Can't blame Sandow for travelling with baggage, he'll unpack it afterwards anyway.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncos Maestro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brocko
  • LittleDavey
  • mrslong
  • Jeza23
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Browny
  • Sproj
  • mystico
  • Fitzy
  • Mick_Hancock
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.