[Rumour] Chris Sandow ---> Broncos

Anyone who seriously wants Sandow playing for us has to be deluded. Sure he may do something flashy every one in a while but he is useless defensively and couldn't tackle my grandad. Defence is one our major problems and having a loose cannon, overpaid halfback who misses more tackles than anyone else isn't going to help.

No to Sandow

Agreed.

We're not deluded, just desperate. Nobody is saying Sandow is a great half, just that he's probably better than our 2nd best option. But nobody says this because of Sandow's ability, just our lack of it.

Isn't it the forwards job to protect the halves and keep them from defending so much to avoid fatigue?

If people want to focus on defense so much, why go for DCE? Great attacker, but he is an average defender. So is Johnson and just about every other half in the comp.

Isn't it the forwards job to protect the halves and keep them from defending so much to avoid fatigue?

If people want to focus on defense so much, why go for DCE? Great attacker, but he is an average defender. So is Johnson and just about every other half in the comp.

DCE hasn't ever really shown that he's a great defender or a bad defender. Although signs mostly point to the former. Remember when he was playing second row for Queensland. His defense was great. But yeah it's definitely the forwards job to make everything easier for their halves.

Last edited:
I still rather give Strasser or Nikorima a go first before sinking to the lows of Sandow.
Agreed. I'd even have Taylor in an arm sling in there before Sandow. Desperation has fried some people's brains apparently...

I would openly grant the Pro Sandow supporters on this forum that beggars can't be choosers when it comes to our halves, and Sandow would probably be a fair bit better then our current setup.

But, the fact is at the end of the day, he's a massive ****. I don't want massive ***** in my beloved Broncos jersey. I would rather risk earning our maiden wooden spoon than have players like him apart of our club.

Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

There is a tweet on Moley's twitter page where he says that Parra know nothing about it..
The rumour was almost certainly started by somebody who looked at the team lists on Tuesday, saw Sandow was behind Luke Kelly and that Hoffman was playing five eighth, and drew their own conclusions.

That being said I'd be all for this if it was for 2014 only, seeing as we're just treading water until Milford and we have cap space burning a hole in our pocket. But Sandow is still on the Eels' books for 2015 so a one year deal is unlikely.

Last edited:
DCE missed 60 tackles in 2013, with 25 ineffective. That's classed as excellent?

Okay then.

DCE missed 60 tackles in 2013, with 25 ineffective. That's classed as excellent?

Okay then.

The last time I checked, DCE knew how to create opportunities and pass the ball to take advantage of them. Since when has Hoffman ever done this? And i've already stated my reasoning for rejecting Sandow. Better to die on our feet than on our knees.

The reason our once great Club is turning to mediocrity is because we accept players like Ben Hunt as a first grade half in the hope he may get better. Time to move on and buy a decent halfback. Not saying Sandow is the one but our recruiting over the years had been terrible Imo. The spine is the most important part of a team and no one seems to care about the 6 and 7 which steer the team around. Makes you wonder who's steering the club around!

The reason our once great Club is turning to mediocrity is because we accept players like Ben Hunt as a first grade half in the hope he may get better. Time to move on and buy a decent halfback. Not saying Sandow is the one but our recruiting over the years had been terrible Imo. The spine is the most important part of a team and no one seems to care about the 6 and 7 which steer the team around. Makes you wonder who's steering the club around!

We have bought a decent halfback, his name is Anthony Milford.

No worse than Hoffman? Sure, I haven't seen Hoffman defending on the front line, but greased up naked deaf guy would be a better defender than Sandow.

There's no stopping that guys attack though. Evasive little fucker

This has been floating around for a while. I first heard it back when Sandow was first side lined for his personal issues. Chris Johns was behind it all then. He wanted to get Chris up here (not necessarily at the Broncos) to help him through his troubles.

We're not deluded, just desperate. Nobody is saying Sandow is a great half, just that he's probably better than our 2nd best option. But nobody says this because of Sandow's ability, just our lack of it.

That's exactly what most people are saying.

The last time I checked, DCE knew how to create opportunities and pass the ball to take advantage of them. Since when has Hoffman ever done this? And i've already stated my reasoning for rejecting Sandow. Better to die on our feet than on our knees.

That was not his point at all. No one is doubting how amazing DCE is, all some people are saying is it's pretty ridiculous some people are when it comes to talking about halves being defenders. Nearly all halves are shit defenders, that's just the way it is but it's not their job to defend so why do we give a ****?

I'm sure Scarlett Johanson can't cook for shit but does it matter?

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Jedhead
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.