[Rumour] Chris Sandow ---> Broncos

Would take him on for this season, and this season alone, for basically free, I wouldn't be willing to pay him any more than $100k, start him at Five-Eighth and see how he goes, if he blossoms and does an Albert Kelly, great, we play him and Milf in the halves next season.
Faaaaaark no, the idea of Sandow in a Broncos jersey will nearly commit me to bailing on this shamble of a club and supporting the Wallace led panthers.

Sounds like a positive for Parra. Should see them avoid the spoon.

That was not his point at all. No one is doubting how amazing DCE is, all some people are saying is it's pretty ridiculous some people are when it comes to talking about halves being defenders. Nearly all halves are shit defenders, that's just the way it is but it's not their job to defend so why do we give a ****?

I'm sure Scarlett Johanson can't cook for shit but does it matter?

There's shit defenders and them there are liabilities. Sandow is the latter and every team that has included him has always leaked points due to constantly having to effectively defend one man down. His negatives far outweigh the positives. I would rather write off 2014 them advocate signing a player who wants to only do the fun stuff and shirk the hard work.

There's shit defenders and them there are liabilities. Sandow is the latter and every team that has included him has always leaked points due to constantly having to effectively defend one man down. His negatives far outweigh the positives. I would rather write off 2014 them advocate signing a player who wants to only do the fun stuff and shirk the hard work.

Well we essentially are writing off 2014 by putting Hoffman at 6...

DCE missed 60 tackles in 2013, with 25 ineffective. That's classed as excellent?

Okay then.

Can I ask where you got those stats from? Because that might be even more than the number of tackles Prince or Gillett missed.

From watching him play, he looks like as good defender as it gets in the halves. One of the reasons why Mal wasn't afraid to have him play in the middle for QLD.

I'd be open to this IF he is coming very cheap. Sandow has played behind a useless pack of forwards at Parra. He is poor in defence but you can always work on that. It comes down to attitude.

Problem with Sandow is that he isn't an organiser either, and that's something we desperately lack this season, we are going to look really lost at times.

He is pretty damn creative though, but it just seems so sad that we are at the stage where he is kind of thought as a solid option.

Can somebody please shoot this rumour... in the head, then incinerate it, drown the ashes in sulfuric acid and shoot the container towards the sun?

It comes down to this for me, would I rather Sandow in the halves over Hoffman? Yes I would. One year, cheap contract, it's worth a shot.

It comes down to this for me, would I rather Sandow in the halves over Hoffman? Yes I would. One year, cheap contract, it's worth a shot.

Can't like this enough. People need to realise there is middle ground in all discussions. Everything takes everything black & white. It's like unless you bag Sandow it means you love him.

Under different circumstances would I want the option of sandow to be explored? no

Would I want a 3 year, big money contract for him? hell no

Would I like him to be offered a one year, cheap contract with the offer to try and resurrect your career and live up to your potential? yes, why not?

Would he see as able to score a try that didn't come from a bomb or a mistake from the opposition? yes

Would he be a better option than hoffman in the 6? Absofuckinlutely

Sandow is just a liability at this level and he won't provide us with what we need.

As others have said, if Kahu @ 6 doesn't pay-off (which is the plan) then I'd rather go with a Strasser then basically go out and shoot myself in the foot because the club counted their chickens before they were hatched and thought they had nabbed Milford.

Nikorima/Strasser/Taylor/Pai'aua/Cullen >>> Hoffman >>> Broomstick >>> Maranta >>> Sandow!

Comparing Norman's contract last year with Sandow's (possible) contract this year - you are, effectively, just making a direct trade.

This only makes sense, from a management perspective, if your name is Paul White, Andrew Gee, or Anthony Griffin.

Comparing Norman's contract last year with Sandow's (possible) contract this year - you are, effectively, just making a direct trade.

This only makes sense, from a management perspective, if your name is Paul White, Andrew Gee, or Anthony Griffin.

Yeah, whites a shit CEO... Despite all the evidence to the contrary

The one year idea with the Eels paying the Broncos a chunk of the contract makes sense dependent on where that will leave your cap space / buying power.

The Bulldogs made effective use of that Money ball trading in the Case of Inu. Another controversial , hard to like , talented player with head issues.

The Warriors paid the Lions share of Inu's contract so they could watch a reinvigorated Inu play all over the top of them and everyone else for that one season ( the dogs charged into the Final ).

Thereafter his contract was renewed with a ruthless correction by the Bulldogs and his true spots saw him thrown on the scrap heap.

Not much to lose really if the price is right and Sandow really is desperate to get out.

Timing is everything mind you.

The dogs waited till the Warriors were thoroughly sick of Inu's negative influence on the Reserve grade and the rest of the club before they got desperate enough to look for an out.

That would mean playing a cool hand with Sandow. Waiting till the Eels call you. Then deal like you're doing them a favor by cutting their 2014 costs.
That phone call should go something like :
" lets cut to the facts he's effectively a reserve grade player Brad.... It's not our problem you paid overs.....the seasons well under way....we have got to see for ourselves whether this guy fits in.....your asking for a donation for player that can't make your firsts team....where are your boys on the NRL table ?

In other words if there is truth to the rumor the strongest position Brisbane could take is to wait and see how Sandows season pans out.

If he ends up being a parasitic non contributor bleeding the Eels budget early season....I'd be prepared to overlook his detestable persona to throw together a Barba Sandow experiment ( that combination of names on a team sheet would make a lot of NRL coaches Twitchy).

That won't solve the on field direction of the team , but you'd go from limited Xfactor to a very different look with that pairing.

If the club need a better directing half than what's already there , that's a separate argument for mine, so long as the Sandow Buy doesn't stop other opportunities to purchase a directing half.

Last edited:
Haha "we need some creativity", Sandow rumours, he can't tackle! Fair enough he's a bit of a douche but he's got issues and maybe a change in location could work for him. We have money to spare and the worst that could happen is Cullen and Sandow playing in the valves for the Dolphins. And I have to ask, what has Ben Hunt done to show that he's so shit? The games he's played as starting half back he has been one of the best on the field. You guys need to forget the Warriors game already. Try find some positives guys.

Fantastic post, Mt Smart.

Its almost done deal. We are just in the process of negotiating the $$$. Parra wants us to pay way too much. Its all about freeing up cap space for them and we are wanting a bargin. If they can agree on $$ then he will be here. 100%

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • mrslong
  • Johnny92
  • levikaden
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Fitzy
  • Aldo
  • Adammacca
  • Wolfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bish
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.