[RUMOUR] - Corey Parker to the Panthers next year

FYI Morkel I moved your (cracker!) to the Pool Room thread. LOL

Lol Pantiters. I saw that logo a while ago and thought it was a joke. Oh dear...

I can understand the idea of making a team's logo more modern but that's more like butchering it.

This rumour came up again on the the grill team in sydney, supergrass said there is a lot of whispers that broncos will shed him to the panthers to free up $$$. Would be a disgrace if they did.

If they send Parker the to Panthers to free up cap space, but keep Thaiday, I'll buy a Titans jersey/membership the very next day.

If they send Parker the to Panthers to free up cap space, but keep Thaiday, I'll buy a Titans jersey/membership the very next day.

One of the true die hards right here ^^^^^

No. If what you said happens then I'll go one further and buy a Brisbane Lions jersey/membership and start following the worst sport known to man.

Parker's not going anywhere though, rubbish rumour.

Let's be honest, if we're shedding Parker for the $$$ we've got Milford, Cherry-Evans, Smith all secured, there's absolutely no other reason to need money right now.

Any truth to the Todd Lowrie to the Broncos rumour someone just told me?
Seems unlikely...

Source: Another forum

This coupled with the rumour of Corey leaving have me slightly worried..

Yeah, Parker hasn't looked like slowing down yet, and even if he begins to slow down, he'd still be valuable IMO.

Parker is that type of player that gets better with age. some of the old hard heads in the forwards are more valuable with hardness and experience than they were with exuberance and youth .

Parker is that type of player that gets better with age. some of the old hard heads in the forwards are more valuable with hardness and experience than they were with exuberance and youth .

As the Knights proved this year.

IF Parker left, it'd be a huge hole in our leadership group. He's probably the most experienced guy at the club now and possibly (probably) the guy everyone turns to, onfield, when the shite hits the fan.

We can't afford to lose him IMO.

Yeah, there are forwards who get better with age: Price and Petero are the best examples.
Then there are forwards who probably peak earlier: A lot of the modern props, maybe Hannant too.

I think Parker is in the former.

The only way Parker would leave (IMO, unless he has issues with the coach), is for a big pay day. And even though he deserves it, the Panthers are the last team that is going to throw $500k+ on a player. Not after Gould stripped all the big $$ players from Penrith because of the imbalance it causes.

If we are freeing up cap space, let's look at getting rid of Hannant or Thaiday first before we sell off our best player.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncoscope
  • BroncosMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • broncotville
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Dash
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • bb_gun
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.