[RUMOUR] - Corey Parker to the Panthers next year

Parker for Lowrie - sounds legit.

Can a mod edit the title and change it to weak rumour? or maybe just straight up bullshit.

Remember this gem from last year?

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/parker-scoffs-at-bulldogs-nrl-rumours-20120601-1zn2h.html

"It's a bit comical - I'm not going anywhere," said Parker, who is approaching 250 games for Brisbane.

"Someone has an opinion and they throw it around. It gets on a social network like Twitter and, before you know it, it builds momentum and people are talking about it.

"It's certainly news to me. I've been here for 12 years and I've got another two years to go.

"I've got life membership at the Broncos."

"These rumours, they pop up like mushrooms," he laughed.

Last edited:
I'm not going to link but it came from Triple M's Grill Team serial bullshit artist.

They claim we would need to shed players to get another player which is rubbish considering we've released all of our halves except for Hunt and only signed Barba on the same contract he was getting at the Dogs and Kennedy.

Last edited:
I'm not going to link but it came from Triple M's Grill Team serial bullshit artist.

They claim we would need to shed players to get another player which is rubbish considering we've released all of our halves except for Hunt and only signed Barba on the same contract he was getting at the Dogs and Kennedy.

Triple m are clueless, like seriously no idea. To be completely honest if they came out and said it is absolutely no chance then I would be worried.

Every small rumour they jump on and say there inside man says its a done deal. I swear someone jump on twitter and say 'Darren Lockyer to come out of retirement to play at the titans next season' and by lunch time tomorrow supergrass and matty johns will be telling everyone it's a done deal and the broncos are filthy about it

Source: Another forum

This coupled with the rumour of Corey leaving have me slightly worried..
Even if Parker did leave, which is about a none percent chance of happening, why the hell would we want Lowrie? It's hard enough finding minutes for our backrowers as it is.

There is more chance of Canada invading Australia than Corey Parker leaving the club he bleeds for.

Management could not be this silly, the backlash from fans would be enormous

Management could not be this silly, the backlash from fans would be enormous
Bang on . Seriously choose any other player to free up funds, I love Ben Hannant but seriously if it was a choice, there would be no choice.

@Coreyjparker13: So I have followed over the past week the rumors of me apparently going to penrith , not sure where this has come from , and is not true .

Good on him for quashing the rumor. I don't think Parker would even consider playing for another club.

Doubt he's going anywhere but remember Milf said the same thing and DCE has who people are still keeping hope for.

Do all players who have been at a club ten years get salary cap concessions or is it only one per club?

Do all players who have been at a club ten years get salary cap concessions or is it only one per club?

It's Like an additional salary cap for long serving players. Can't remember the exact figure (maybe 300k) so the first 300k or so of wages of any long serving player comes out of that cap first then the main cap. Can be multiple players or all to one player.

Love this talk from Parker. He's going nowhere.
BRISBANE warhorse Corey Parker has vowed to finish his career at the Broncos amid speculation NRL rivals Penrith are targeting the newly-crowned World Cup forward.

The Maroons ace is off-contract at the end of next season and has been linked to the Panthers, who signed Parker's former Broncos teammate Peter Wallace in August.

But Parker, who turns 32 in May, says he has no intention of walking out on the Broncos as he aims to become the first forward in the club's history to play 300 NRL games.

"I've heard the rumour (about Penrith's interest), there's been some talk of it on social media," said Parker, a veteran of 277 top-grade games.

"I'm not sure where it has come from. This time last year I was supposedly going to the Bulldogs, it was interesting to see the comments but I'm happy at the moment.

"I want to be a one-club man at the Broncos. If Penrith's interest was true, I would know. I spoke to Paul White (Broncos chief executive) at the Dally Ms last week and said tongue-in-cheek, 'have you got anything you need to tell me?'

"Everyone knows I'm a Brisbane man through and through. I've been there 13 years as an NRL player and I don't see myself going elsewhere."

In an age where virtually every other NRL contemporary relies on a manager to broker the best deal possible, Parker is cut from a different cloth. He proudly manages his own affairs and is confident he can strike a new contract with the Broncos that will be palatable to both parties.
Brisbane Broncos lock Corey Parker plays down talk of a move to Penrith Panthers | News.com.au

In other news, Triple M Grill Team "supergrass" is officially full of shit.

Parker is as loyal as they come. I'm not sure any club in the game could sign him away from us.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • bazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Volvo Driver
  • Mick_Hancock
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • NSW stables
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.