[RUMOUR] THREE significant signings in the pipeline

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Re: [RUMOR] THREE "Significant" signings in the pipeline - The Australian

Is Gee going to be on holiday while these deals are meant to be negotiated?

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

I haven't seen him play in the lower grades so I dunno how natural a centre he is, but I can really see him being a star anywhere in the back line.
Almost beat NSW on his own in the U20 origin match two years ago playing in the centres. Kept clocking up line breaks

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
[RUMOR] THREE "Significant" signings in the pipeline - The Australian

Half the reason we're in this mess is cause we didn't sign anyone in the first place.

Don't start me on that "buying a premiership" nonsense, name the last team of made up completely of juniors that won a premiership.

What about 2006?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

would you guys be happy to offload hoffman for hopoate? if i was hoffman i'd be putting my hand up for winger now just to secure a spot in first grade...

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
would you guys be happy to offload hoffman for hopoate? if i was hoffman i'd be putting my hand up for winger now just to secure a spot in first grade...

Hoppa over Hoff any day. Sorry Josh :(

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

If the off-season recruitment seems to indicate to me the Broncos are moving on from the "golden generation" strategy. It's sad (and everyone loves a bred not bought team)

But the losses of Norman, Yow Yeh and Beale and Hunt, McCullough and Hoffman peaking early I'd be happy as a fan to recruit some superstars to plug the holes.

Just not Blake Ferguson or Will Hopoate and his fuckwit father.

Had to happen. Especially since we've been pillaged for a number of years by other clubs. Recent moves by the club should repair that problem. Although that doesn't excuse our "talent scouts" from letting some prospects slip through.

Wasn't the 800k a year just paper talk though? I think that number came about through bitter Manly fans and people sinking the boot into a desperate Eels side.

I'm not saying that i think he will move here but if reports are true that he has lived a simple life for the past couple of years (on $200 a week or something like that) maybe a few hundred thousand a year is all it takes for him to be happy.

We can only hope, Hoppa would be a great signing imo. He was a gun in his last year at Manly and performed really well in the Origin series.

True. There's always been that rumour, that Morkel alluded too, that Parra have been paying him while he was on his mission. Regarding the pay cut as well, doesn't his church take a percentage of his salary? I've also heard that players have been.....forced to take the higher salary for the church.

What about Thurston from Cowboys? I thought he had in his contract that he would stay while Parr was around but there is speculation Parr has been offered a job at Parra as footy manager

Have always said that as long as Bowen is playing, Thurston will never leave the Cows. With him hanging up the boots it seems more likely, but didn't Thurston just sign a Million a year contract?

I was told a couple of months ago by a current bronco that the barba deal was 100 percent and he also said that edrick lee might be coming (commented this in player movements when I heard). I asked about Milford and he had no idea. Edrick lee would be a great buy, I really rate him. Big strong and fast

Heard a whisper about that one as well. Not much substance though from what I could gather. Would love to get him though.

B

brodster_1

BRL Player
Jul 2, 2013

I heard from a bronco that not many are happy about barba joining the club at all and are sticking up for hoffman who everyone at the club is expecting to sign elsewhere .

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

I heard from a bronco that not many are happy about barba joining the club at all and are sticking up for hoffman who everyone at the club is expecting to sign elsewhere .
Have they noticed that he is an amazing talent?

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010

Maybe they can take a leaf out of Hunt's book and have a warm glass of harden the **** UP!

Treated like shit but hangs around and does his job for the gerd derm team.

Marsden63

Marsden63

BRL Player
Jul 5, 2013

1. Greg Inglis
6. Hunt
7. DCE
9 Cameron Smith

What a spine. You heard it here first
Your fuckin dreaming.reckon we are More chance of lockyer,Lewis,langer,Walters.

Last edited:
Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013

Well maybe if they hadn't finished 12th and could actually put in a decent performance for 24 rounds per season they might actually have a point.

Hoffman would do well to look at Beale and Norman's positions, before deciding the grass is greener elsewhere.

He might want to be fullback, but the fact is, he did far more for us as a winger this year, we should not forget that and whilst he was good at fullback when he took over from Norman, it's quite clear his best isn't anywhere close to Barba's best and as the current group are NOT performing, if they want to get butthurt over new players coming in to replace under-performing ones, then feel free to look elsewhere.

Always someone desperately wanting to fill an NRL spot and we can't do much worse than we did this season...

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

barba and hoffy were instigramming photos of each other the other day. can't hate each other too much.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

Keep your friends close and enemies closer and all that.

B

brodster_1

BRL Player
Jul 2, 2013

Yeah the players are defending josh and are also concerned that barbas issues won't gel well with the Broncos culture

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • Lostboy
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Waynesaurus
  • RodF
  • bazza
  • Galco
  • Bucking Beads
  • Scorchie
  • Strop
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • mieko
  • Fatboy
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.