Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there ever any doubt?

I've heard from a reliable source that hook has 4 games to turn it round - if not Walters & Benny will be here for or 2015.
Strange combo considering Bennett made Walters a scapegoat a few years ago when he was his assistant

Strange combo considering Bennett made Walters a scapegoat a few years ago when he was his assistant

The year we won a premiership?

They've also paired back up in Newy.

I think Mag has a good footy brain and is a good coach, but in my opinion we need Queenslanders running the show, it may not seem like a big deal but I'll feel much more confident with Ex-Queensland / Broncos players (or) coaches in charge, I'd have Kev or Wayne back in Brisbane, preferably both.

Coaching Director - Wayne Bennett (Similar to what Gould is doing in Penrith at the moment)
Head Coach - Kevin Walters
Assistant Coach - TBA (Preferably someone with some good coaching experience, similar to what Hagan does with Meninga)
Fitness Coach - Alex Corvo

Does anyone think Bennett will even come back? Even after everything that happened which forced him to leave?

I highly doubt Bennett will ever come back to the Broncos.

Does anyone think Bennett will even come back? Even after everything that happened which forced him to leave?

I highly doubt Bennett will ever come back to the Broncos.

I have no doubt he will be back in some fashion.

Maguire just copied Bellamy's style, hence the "Bellamy mould" he has. While he might be a good coach I would also prefer someone who loves the Broncos and wants us to win.

I don't think any coach wouldn't want us to win if he was coaching us.

I don't think any coach wouldn't want us to win if he was coaching us.

I think he means in the sense like.. Mal obviously loves Queensland with a passion, and it's evident when he speaks.

Griffin seems to have no emotion whatsoever, I'd much rather have someone who wears their heart on their sleeve and is an honest Broncos fan.

Did he? Kevvie admits it's the best thing that ever happened to him, Benny wrote him a reference post Broncos' release and they've remained friends and professionally helped each other since. Even currently live with each other.

He wasn't a scapegoat at all. He had to get away from Brisbane.

I think he means in the sense like.. Mal obviously loves Queensland with a passion, and it's evident when he speaks.

Griffin seems to have no emotion whatsoever, I'd much rather have someone who wears their heart on their sleeve and is an honest Broncos fan.

Like Henjak?

Interesting. FWIW I don't think hook is the guy for the long hurl, but if that is true they might as well sack him now. A completely new spine and they expect it to 'turned around' in 4 matches... That's just not achievable no matter how good the coach is.

Darren Lehmann was only in charge for 5 games before he turned things around.

If some luck had gone our way, it wouldn't even have taken 5 games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Fitzy
  • Redfern_1980
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Totally Unr3al
  • davidp
  • The Strapper
  • Big Del
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • Jedhead
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Sproj
  • Locky24
  • GCBRONCO
  • pennywisealfie
  • Lostboy
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.