Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great googly moogly.

I'm sorry but the 'doesn't speak with passion during press conferences' excuse to get rid of Hook is even worse than the 'Let's get rid of Macca because he can't play 80'.

If you want to get rid of the coach, fine, but I don't want an actor as a coach, I want a fair dinkum coach!

How often did Bennett show any emotion? Rarely from what I've seen over the years.

Great googly moogly.

I'm sorry but the 'doesn't speak with passion during press conferences' excuse to get rid of Hook is even worse than the 'Let's get rid of Macca because he can't play 80'.

If you want to get rid of the coach, fine, but I don't want an actor as a coach, I want a fair dinkum coach!
Sometimes I wonder if some people would be happy to get Sticky, just because he knows how to make a fool of himself during interviews or press conferences... :rolleyes:

Griffin is a proud Queenslander and a passionate Bronco so the excuse to get rid of him because he isn't passionate about the Broncos is mute.

Griffin seems to have no emotion whatsoever, I'd much rather have someone who wears their heart on their sleeve and is an honest Broncos fan.

LOL ....yeah like this guy

geoff-toovey-outburst-628_zps4941f06e.jpg

NOT !!!

Had to giggle at the first post in this thread. Oh how things change

There I said it.
His coaching has been woeful this year. We have nothing in attack, he's made no improvements to the team. His recruitment and retention is just terrible. He drops players like Maranta for a woeful Hoffman. The use of the bench is amateurish at best. He never fires the team up. He gave Thaiday captaincy.

/rant.

I think you can work out which line is funny plus my phone isn't letting me bold it lol

Maguire did well to nearly get into the GF in his first year but then, so did Hook. Let's see how he goes after a year or two especially if he loses a Lockyer type marquee player.

Griffin is a proud Queenslander and a passionate Bronco so the excuse to get rid of him because he isn't passionate about the Broncos is mute.

I was talking about Maguire not being passionate about the Broncos and therefore not wanting him to be our coach.

I was talking about Maguire not being passionate about the Broncos and therefore not wanting him to be our coach.

I don't think Bellamy was passionate about the Storm when he got there. I doubt Trent Robinson was particularly passionate about the Roosters either before 2013. I think that's one of the less important things for a coach. Good performances create passion.

Great googly moogly.

Who said anything about firing Griffin because he has no passion? Myself and Cult were just trying to get the point across that we think it would behoove the Broncos to replace (If indeed Griffin is eventually replaced) Griffin with someone who's played for (or) coached the Broncos previously, rather than someone like Maguire who isn't a Queenslander, it just wouldn't feel right.

Case and Point: Micky Arthur attempting to coach the Australian Cricket Team.

Edit: Only reason I even mentioned Griffin's name was to try and illustrate my point of pride and passion for the club, which certainly isn't evident in anything Griffin has done over the last couple of years.

Preferring somebody based on whether they've represented the club in the past or their ability to convey passion is just shallow.

It's your opinion and your entitled to it - but at the end of the day, it's success and quality football that's going to bring fans through the turnstyles - not the personality of the coach.

I don't think Bellamy was passionate about the Storm when he got there. I doubt Trent Robinson was particularly passionate about the Roosters either before 2013. I think that's one of the less important things for a coach. Good performances create passion.

The feelings people have for the Broncos are different to other clubs. They either love or hate us. Personally, I wouldn't want a coach who wasn't or isn't a fan of our club. I feel the same way about the players and I'm sure many of you do too.

Preferring somebody based on whether they've represented the club in the past or their ability to convey passion is just shallow.

It's your opinion and your entitled to it - but at the end of the day, it's success and quality football that's going to bring fans through the turnstyles - not the personality of the coach.

Maybe we should get Tim Sheens or even Gus Gould to coach us then? And maybe sign Willie Mason, Paul Gallen, Anthony Watmough and Greg Bird too.

What makes it shallow? I think you'll find it's quite common that fans would prefer a coach to be someone they've supported previously compared to a guy that's coached against their team for several years.

Couldn't care less about coaches conveying passion either, Greg Popovic is one of the greatest NBA coaches of all time and he rarely shows any emotion in victories or losses, loves his players and loves his club though, couldn't say I get the same vibe from old mate Hook.

What makes it shallow? I think you'll find it's quite common that fans would prefer a coach to be someone they've supported previously compared to a guy that's coached against their team for several years.

Couldn't care less about coaches conveying passion either, Greg Popovic is one of the greatest NBA coaches of all time and he rarely shows any emotion in victories or losses, loves his players and loves his club though, couldn't say I get the same vibe from old mate Hook.
Maybe your vibe meter is in need of re calibration .

Maybe your vibe meter is in need of re calibration .

The feeling I get from him is that he doesn't really care about who he's coaching, as long as he's got a job. That's obviously just my opinion, it could be the exact opposite.

Maybe he gives the players cuddles when the cameras are off :laugh:

Because those factors have little influence on their performance as a coach.

It's a results driven business and it should always come down to who's the best man for the job, not the profile of the candidate. Otherwise, the Broncos may as well just scout Wally Lewis and wash their hands of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  • Totally Unr3al
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Redfern_1980
  • davidp
  • BroncoFan94
  • The Strapper
  • Big Del
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • Jedhead
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Sproj
  • Locky24
  • GCBRONCO
  • pennywisealfie
  • Lostboy
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.