Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing signed and management don't know what is happening at the joint as Holmesacourt and Crowe not talking. Management have said they don't know who to listen to

A source close to Souths quoted "it is not hard to see Broncos and Maguire are a perfect fit" from IPad edition of CM
They are definitely thinking they could lose him to Broncos

would be great if it happened ... would at the very least make us a contemporary and relevant football side again ..

The Balym article would be right up there for the 'no shit sherlock' award for 2014 - with this post in second.

The coach recognised flaws, made appropriate changes and will get sacked if he fails to deliver in 2014, then he'll get the sack. No fucking shit.

Thankfully for Toddy, Laurie Daley still exists in some capacity in the media and he'll throw on some chest-nut about 'the team that scores the most points will win'.

**** I love LU. Apparently, me suggesting that Bennett doesn't give a shit about Newcastle anymore is an "unsubstantiated allegation".

lol.

The rumour is benny will retire from coaching at the end of this year and be the director of the broncos with kevin walters as coach.
I've heard from a reliable source that hook has 4 games to turn it round - if not Walters & Benny will be here for or 2015.

4 Games?? God if that is true we deserve to fail. Almost a whole new spine and we give a bloke 4 games to get it right.

I've heard from a reliable source that hook has 4 games to turn it round - if not Walters & Benny will be here for or 2015.

Interesting. FWIW I don't think hook is the guy for the long hurl, but if that is true they might as well sack him now. A completely new spine and they expect it to 'turned around' in 4 matches... That's just not achievable no matter how good the coach is.

Probably 4 games for noticeable differences from the last two years, and 10 games for a winning record or the door.

I dunno, I think we could all see from round 1 last year it was going to be a long season, even if we tried not to believe it. Well, 2nd half of Round 1. 1st Half against Manly was deceptively impressive.

Still, knowing the Broncos, I'd easily believe the "four" was misheard, and it's actually "four"-ty.

Four games is a fair barometre.

I don't think the team necessarily has to win all four or even go 3-1 - just as long as we look threatening and remain competitive in all of those contests we'll be fine.

It'd be completely different if it was just one game - you can't judge a team on one performance.

Personally, i think the club will want to go after Maguire if they decide to punt Hook. and if thats the case, they are going to want to make their decision early enough so we don't miss him

Maguire as coach with Bennett as director of coaching and Corvo as fitness coach. What a combination.

Personally, i think the club will want to go after Maguire if they decide to punt Hook. and if thats the case, they are going to want to make their decision early enough so we don't miss him

Yeah i agree totally. I think thats why I'm frustrated with the stance on hook, because i really don't want to miss out a decent coach, even tho people will say madge hasn't done much etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • teampjta
  • RolledOates
  • Manlyman
  • TimWhatley
  • Dash
  • Locky24
  • johnny plath
  • Bronx48
  • theshed
  • Evander
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • Old Mate
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.