Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see a lot of our ex players come back and have a lot more to do with the club. I'd imagine having our greatest players at trainings, setting examples and just being around our young players would make them lift. Just knowing after the game that Tallis, Renouf, Webcke, Hancock, Walters, Alfie and Petero were waiting to greet them in the dressing room after the game could help too.

I'd like to see a lot of our ex players come back and have a lot more to do with the club. I'd imagine having our greatest players at trainings, setting examples and just being around our young players would make them lift. Just knowing after the game that Tallis, Renouf, Webcke, Hancock, Walters, Alfie and Petero were waiting to greet them in the dressing room after the game could help too.

You forgot Wally and Locky.

We have an incredible pool of legends to draw experience and inspiration from and yet we don't do it. We persist with speed bumps like Griffin and Kearney.

Get A Johns to coach the halves a few times a week. Yeah, he's a douche, but he is someone who can get the most out of them.

I get the feeling something like that wouldn't even occur to Griffin, or any of the current coaching staff.

"orrrrrrrrrrr.......narrrr we don't neeeeeed that...we just need t'get ourselves riiiight."

Last edited:
Get A Johns to coach the halves a few times a week. Yeah, he's a douche, but he is someone who can get the most out of them.

I think it's well known he only works with halves that can actually execute the stuff he's trying to teach them, hence why he's at Manly.

Just on Alfie, I think we underestimated how much he helped being our on-field trainer - he always pissed off opposition fans because he was clearly directing the boys where to attack.

Last edited:
I think it's well known he only works with halves that can actually execute the stuff he's trying to teach them, hence why he's at Manly.

Just on Alfie, I think we underestimated how much he helped being our on-field trainer - he always pissed off opposition fans because he was clearly directing the boys where to attack.

Which is exactly why we should seriously consider him a candidate for the top job. Set aside the table dancing jokes (ha ha) for a minute and give him a serious thought. Alf has a masterful footy head screwed on to those shoulders. He can analyze teams and the changing dynamics of a game probably as fast as Locky can. If he can teach our halves and the team in general to look out for opportunities like that, we would be a different team.

Not if he handles the media the way he did after the table dancing incident, he did a runner out the back door of the leagues club to a waiting cab :laugh:

Not if he handles the media the way he did after the table dancing incident, he did a runner out the back door of the leagues club to a waiting cab :laugh:

Wouldn't you? He got drunk, stripped down to his jocks and danced on a table. What a tasty morsel of non news for our pathetic tabloid press to get into a frenzy over.

You forgot Wally and Locky.

We have an incredible pool of legends to draw experience and inspiration from and yet we don't do it. We persist with speed bumps like Griffin and Kearney.

Wally wouldn't be the best person to come and motivate the Broncos. I think he still holds a grudge against us about how he was sacked as captain and cut from the club and his commentary is usually biased against us.

Wally wouldn't be the best person to come and motivate the Broncos. I think he still holds a grudge against us about how he was sacked as captain and cut from the club and his commentary is usually biased against us.

At some stage, we have to accept as a supporter base that just maybe Wally is done holding grudges in his old age and is well and truly over it.

Agree totally on Alfie. Bring him back as the 14th man again!!!

I seem to recall that Johns was Hunt's idol growing up, so perhaps that would have a good effect on him. Of course, Hunt was also a Sharks fan, so maybe he's just a lost cause.

I'd like to see a lot of our ex players come back and have a lot more to do with the club. I'd imagine having our greatest players at trainings, setting examples and just being around our young players would make them lift. Just knowing after the game that Tallis, Renouf, Webcke, Han****, Walters, Alfie and Petero were waiting to greet them in the dressing room after the game could help too.

They're around all the time. Most of those mentioned where there last night.

Baiting

Last edited by a moderator:
They're around all the time. Most of those mentioned where there last night.

Dammit, I thought I had created a masterful plan to make our club great again! But yeah I meant in more of a coaching capacity. Maybe some sort of mentor system. I know Alfie was helping Hunt a bit or something like that and he said that helped. Imagine if the same was done with every player. Webcke helping Hannant and McGuire out. Maybe Tunza could stay home though, I know his coaching was a bit hectic haha.

Can I ask, since he's always at the club anyway, why nobody has considered Alfie as head coach?

article-2279199-1798B62B000005DC-546_634x355.jpg

169519-alfie-langer-dance.jpg

Still a more respectable coach than Griffin.

Re: Round 1 - Bulldogs vrs Broncos; Pre-Match Discussion

When Griffin is sacked, what will three quarters of this forum do? Haha

Re: Round 1 - Bulldogs vrs Broncos; Pre-Match Discussion

Sack Kearney begins (if he's not booted as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• maddo
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Fozz
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.