Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2014 Halves Pairing

well it seems most people on here want hook sacked immediately and they think we will have a new full time coach by the following week...

but it never works like that. If a coach is sacked then they either finish the year or a caretaker (usually one of the assistant coaches) finishes the year, while the club searches for its next coach.

So if Hook gets sacked then it is likely we will have Kearney coach us for the remainder of the year.

I don't want Griffin sacked just yet,

I want Kearney sacked immediately!!

Re: Round 1 - Bulldogs vrs Broncos; Pre-Match Discussion

Wasn't it Kearney who picked up Sandow on a half mil contract then proceeded to spoon it?

Re: 2014 Halves Pairing

its a catch 22. i dont want to see our players getting dudded. i know we have the ability in the squad. but poor selections will likely move quicker towards a sacking

Lol ....that means nothing.

Kearney has turned Brisbane's rock solid defence into Swiss cheese.

He's ****!

Which is the same defense New Zealand showed against Australia in the World Cup, Kearney has to go as much as Griffin does, perhaps more so given how pathetic our defense has been, even with the condition our attack has been in, our defense gives us the worst possible platform to win from, I don't want to see Kearney as our next head coach, even if that means another season of enduring Griffin.

Last edited:

Wasn't it Kearney who picked up Sandow on a half mil contract then proceeded to spoon it?

Yep, apparently from what I heard Bennett recommended Sandow to him. Kearney also signed Willie Tonga too.

Last edited:
Sandow being signed on for that much was just ridiculous as it was obvious to everyone he wasn't worth anything near that. At least Willie Tonga was coming off some success and good form and represented Queensland and Australia in 2011 which is hard to believe now.

Sandow being signed on for that much was just ridiculous as it was obvious to everyone he wasn't worth anything near that. At least Willie Tonga was coming off some success and good form and represented Queensland and Australia in 2011 which is hard to believe now.

He had a very steep decline, Tonga was actually a very classy centre back then.

He had a very steep decline, Tonga was actually a very classy centre back then.

I rated Tonga pretty highly back in his Bulldogs and Cowboys days. He was the centre of the year in 2004 and on his day was one of the classiest centers in the game. His 2 stints at the Eels have been absolute flops.

Must be poor coaching from Kearney which has stuffed him and his injuries haven't helped. In his first stint at Parra he was a rookie behind Jamie Lyon and David Vialeki)

Last edited:

That's the telegraph's bet at our team.. won't be too far off, I really hope Vidot gets first crack at the wing though.

That team is truly horrific looking. It's like Griffin isn't even trying anymore.

I said last week on here somewhere that Kevin Walters would be here within a few hours of getting a call from Gee/White when - not if - the sack Hook - Kearney will go immediately Hook is sacked - Walters is a free agent - he is only a part time coach with Bennett - and my male from a mate in Newcastle who hangs around the club down there and hears a bit of mail is that Benny wants back in next year and will take over as coaching director with Kevie as coach anyway and its good bye Gee Gee - Benny will do the retention and sacking
Thats what the rumblings are down south

That team is truly horrific looking. It's like Griffin isn't even trying anymore.

He's not and he'll be gone by mid season.

I said last week on here somewhere that Kevin Walters would be here within a few hours of getting a call from Gee/White when - not if - the sack Hook - Kearney will go immediately Hook is sacked - Walters is a free agent - he is only a part time coach with Bennett - and my male from a mate in Newcastle who hangs around the club down there and hears a bit of mail is that Benny wants back in next year and will take over as coaching director with Kevie as coach anyway and its good bye Gee Gee - Benny will do the retention and sacking
Thats what the rumblings are down south

Oh God, please be true.

I want to know what Walters has done in his oaching career, that make people think he should be an automatic and immediate choice as our coach if Griffin is sacked.

I'm not saying he isn't the best person for the job. But many people want us to hire him without conducting an extensive search for the best available candidate. I don't see it.

Just because he is a club legend doesn't necessarily mean he will be a good coach for us (or at Nrl level for that matter). Just look at Freddy at the Roosters or Michael Voss at the Lions.

If Griffin is sacked I want us to scour the universe for the best coach, to lead us back to where we belong. That may be Walters, but it may not be.

Since Bennett left we have had to rookie NRL coaches, and that hasn't gone all that well for us.

I wanted Walters as assistant, in fact I'd like him as a caretaker coach if Griffin is sacked during the season. That'll give us time to see how he goes while interviewing a whole bunch of candidates in the long term.

Just because he is a club legend doesn't mean he won't be good.

I'd like for us to look at as many options for a new coach as possible. A coach with zero connection with the club would be ideal imo.

Just because he is a club legend doesn't mean he won't be good.

I'd like for us to look at as many options for a new coach as possible. A coach with zero connection with the club would be ideal imo.

Im not saying he won't be good, but people seem to want us to give him the job immediately without even looking at all our options. And that would be a massive mistake Imo.

That is most likely due to the complete la k of faith in Hook. Most fans are desperate for change. We are fans we mostly think with our heart not our head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Santa
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosarethebest
  • thenry
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Cavalo
  • Dexter
  • KevieBurnerAccount
  • Aldo
  • FACTHUNT
  • leon.bott
  • sooticus
  • Ondi
  • Bucking Beads
  • Stix
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.