Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 1 - Bulldogs vrs Broncos; Pre-Match Discussion

Too much effort, just pave a yellow brick road from Red Hill to the Gold Coast or something and have him follow it.

Sounds good to me. Lets hope he encounters the Wicked Witch, Bourbon Bec and her Newscorp monkeys along the way. I'm sure they would enjoy the taste of Griffin.

If we search the universe as some have mentioned Gee may come up with the coach of the Russian womens volleyball team as a replacement - So who will be picking the next coach - don't let Gee and White do it for heavens sake - maybe ASK Bennett if he is interested first and see who he recommends secondly - I am happy if Benny picks the coach and even happier if he is involved with the Broncos again - he would be blowing his mind seeing what has happened to HIS Club right now - And if we really search the universe for a better coach than Walters who is available - any clues - can Walters do a worse job than Hook - NO - He will bring a brand of attacking football back to the club because that is the way he played - he has had experience in super league in the UK and France - been Bellemy's assistant for 2 years in Melbourne and is now under Bennets wing and if it is good enough for Mal to annoint him as the next Origin coach then it is good enough for me

Yes don't let the CEO select the coach. The same CEO that has all our off field stuff firing... Sounds good

This thread is now a movement after that team announcement.

Get rid of him.

He's destroying our club.

Board should have frogmarched him out the door as soon as he said "Maranta".

What a freaking moron.

I said in another thread that Kearney will be the fall guy mid season. Griffin to see out the year.

Far out guys.

Relax.

The team has only been announced.

We haven't even played yet.

If we get beaten by 20 or more, then it's time to get out the pitch forks, but fair dinkum...

Because it's a bad line up and Griffin has had no idea since he re-signed with us (though I personally started feeling a bit suss when he picked Gillett at 5/8th in the finals in his first year).

There's faith because you think something has potential to work, and then there's this.

Far out guys.

Relax.

The team has only been announced.

We haven't even played yet.

If we get beaten by 20 or more, then it's time to get out the pitch forks, but fair dinkum...

Hook has had ages to get this right and he has failed comprehensively.

Now, he's completely lost the plot. It's as if 2013 never happened in Hook's world. Hoffman can't pass well enough to be fullback, so heck, let's put him at 5/8th (where he needs to pass). We got steamrolled by other packs last year, so heck, let's have more backrowers on the field and let's leave the props on the bench. Maranta sucked and bombed heaps of tries, by hey, let's keep picking him. Gillett can't tackle, but hey, let's keep going with experiment....

We are sick of the blindingly obvious going unnoticed and unacknowledge by Hook. That's why we are angry. We will remain that way until the teams issues are honestly assessed.

I take your points, but at least back up what you're saying by naming the team you would have picked.

I'll bet it's quite easy to pick holes in your team, too. But, can you humour me?

Because it's a bad line up and Griffin has had no idea since he re-signed with us (though I personally started feeling a bit suss when he picked Gillett at 5/8th in the finals in his first year).

There's faith because you think something has potential to work, and then there's this.

He's just saying that instead of predicting the future, relax until you watch the game. "This" isn't really anything, in fact it's less than faith.

I take your points, but at least back up what you're saying by naming the team you would have picked.

I'll bet it's quite easy to pick holes in your team, too. But, can you humour me?

That's the problem. Nobody can pick a decent team with the rabble that Griffin has put together over the last few years. As you've mentioned, every team that can possibly be picked will have holes in it.

Play Strasser or Nikorima in the halves and Hoffman on the wing, and you'll find you have added a guy with a bit of vision and a gun finisher on the edges (instead of Maranta).

That's the problem. Nobody can pick a decent team with the rabble that Griffin has put together over the last few years. As you've mentioned, every team that can possibly be picked will have holes in it.

Correct. Now find me a team in the NRL that you can't do the same to on paper.

Correct. Now find me a team in the NRL that you can't do the same to on paper.

Fair point but there's 'holes' and then there's HOLES'. We fall into the the latter unfortunately.

1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Reed
5. Hoffman
6. Strasser
7. Hunt
8. Maguire
9. McCullough
10. Kennedy
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Hannant
16. Molo
17. Granville

Enjoy picking holes in that squad.

Vladimir Putin > the broncos' rd 1 team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Foordy
  • NSW stables
  • Horseheadsup
  • Culhwch
  • RolledOates
  • Financeguy
  • Johnny92
  • Fitzy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Tmac
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.