Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brisbane Broncos 2014 Milestones

Is the wooden spoon a milestone?

Re: Brisbane Broncos 2014 Milestones

Coaches sacked in Brisbane Broncos history

Ivan Henjak
Anthony Griffin (pending inevitable Round 6 announcement)

1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Reed
5. Hoffman
6. Strasser
7. Hunt
8. Maguire
9. McCullough
10. Kennedy
11. Thaiday
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Hannant
16. Molo
17. Granville

Enjoy picking holes in that squad.

:laugh:

Strasser is completely untested and could likely be exposed badly in defence. Molo from all reports is not playing well and is struggling bad for fitness. Granville is mostly untested and is quite enigmatic at best. Gillett is our best Second Rower and he's on the bench for some reason. I'm also slightly worried about having Michael Maguire in our front row.

Strasser is completely untested and could likely be exposed badly in defence. Molo from all reports is not playing well and is struggling bad for fitness. Granville is mostly untested and is quite enigmatic at best. Gillett is our best Second Rower and he's on the bench for some reason. I'm also slightly worried about having Michael Maguire in our front row.

You can't fool us with that mask Griffin!

It could be Casey?

Btw I disagree Gillett is our best second rower, he's pretty inconsistent at best.

You can't fool us with that mask Griffin!

:clap2:. Look, I'm not making excuses, just making a point. I think we should all be a little more upbeat. They are afterall, our team.

The problem with your exercise is that we have to pick a team with what Griffin has assembled, which sadly has more holes than Swiss cheese.

FWIW, I'd have played Hannant and Macguire at prop, Gillett at five-eight, Hoffman at right centre, Copley on the wing with the rest of the squad as you'd expect.

:clap2:. Look, I'm not making excuses, just making a point. I think we should all be a little more upbeat. They are afterall, our team.
If you want to be optimistic then go for it, more power to you, but just because you support a team it doesn't mean you should have blind faith.

If you think a player/squad/coach/management team sucks, then you have every right to express it. It's no different to people expressing their support for a player/coach etc.

The problem with your exercise is that we have to pick a team with what Griffin has assembled, which sadly has more holes than Swiss cheese.

FWIW, I'd have played Hannant and Macguire at prop, Gillett at five-eight, Hoffman at right centre, Copley on the wing with the rest of the squad as you'd expect.

FTR, I would have played almost the exact team [MENTION=8195]Brent81[/MENTION] posted. I'd start Kennedy and McGuire, then interchange with Hannant and either Wallace/Hala.

If you want to be optimistic then go for it, more power to you, but just because you support a team it doesn't mean you should have blind faith.

If you think a player/squad/coach/management team sucks, then you have every right to express it. It's no different to people expressing their support for a player/coach etc.

Yeah, agreed mate. I'm not telling anyone what to say or think. Just saying we should be upbeat. That's it. :)

Yeah, agreed mate. I'm not telling anyone what to say or think. Just saying we should be upbeat. That's it. :)

Mate as soon as the game starts I'll be hoping like mad that we win.

I think we're all just upset because we went through last year and the club seems to have learned nothing.

I think with our best side we can do some damage. I just think we need a fresh start with a new coach (and maybe a half and a big second rower too).

Well, I respect you for posting your team up and having a civil conversation. I've said before I'm willing to give Griffin about 6 games or so. If things remain the same, then we are quite literally acting out the definition of insanity.

Last edited:
Just saw the team and I have been sticking up for Hook as much as anyone but that team is pathetic. What the hell is that!! He learnt absolutely nothing from the trial. I'm still living it hope it's just a ruse until game day but I'm not blind, he's gotta go and Kearney with him. That team is about the worst I could have imagined.

Strasser is completely untested and could likely be exposed badly in defence.

That is true but he will learn how to defend with experience. All rookies have trouble initially (like Kahu vs Melbourne last year).

Well, I respect you for posting your team up and having a civil conversation. I've said before I'm willing to give Griffin about 6 games or so. If things remain the same, then we are quite literally acting out the definition of insanity.

To be fair to some people, I've probably seen a bit more of Strasser than some on here (just through the old school connections).

Just saw the team and I have been sticking up for Hook as much as anyone but that team is pathetic. What the hell is that!! He learnt absolutely nothing from the trial. I'm still living it hope it's just a ruse until game day but I'm not blind, he's gotta go and Kearney with him. That team is about the worst I could have imagined.
It's like you just woke up from your dream.

Seriously without Hodges and Oates that's our best side, maybe rearranging a position or two.

I remember a discussion on here a couple of weeks ago about our squad being top 8 worthy on paper, I think the realization that this is nowhere close to the truth will probably start to sink in over the next month or so.

Can't believe I've supported the Broncos & the Lakers since the mid 90's and I actually WANT both teams to lose as many games as possible this season.

For the Broncos, to get Griffin sacked.
For the Lakers, to get D'Antoni sacked, to get a higher draft pick.

Last edited:
Come on people give Hook a few weeks and things will get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• thenry
  • Mr Fourex
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • NSW stables
  • Horseheadsup
  • RolledOates
  • Financeguy
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.