Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously looking at the sheet makes me think griffin has been being rugby league live 2 and just wants to get his Favourite players in the one team.

Hmmm barba is only eligible at fullback so I better put him there. I need maranta and Vidot and reedy and sale there but how to I get hoffy in the team? Oh he is eligible for five eight? Splendid

Baiting

Last edited by a moderator:
Parker may be a middle forward, but part of what makes him a good player is roaming around the field looking for an offload. Last time I checked, he can't do that at prop. Or am I mistaken?

Plus, it puts Gillett at lock. The worst defensive player in the league last year defending in the middle against blokes twice his size. What could go wrong?

So Barba won't even be playing Five-Eighth in attack? Can't wait to see Hoffman's kicking game :P

Oh my. Parker in front row. It's like he didn't learn anything from playing Thaiday there all year last year.

We have the best 13 in the comp, playing front row after just signing a top rated front rower from the chooks, and already having a plethora of options in reserves. We will potentially lose so much from him being played at prop, including his offloads, and him running out wide. Not only that, you can't tell me he'll be playing 80 minutes in front row, so who exactly will be taking goal kicks for the 30-40 minutes he'll be off the field? He'll be doing more ruck defending, and one of our most dangerous runners of the last 2 seasons will be simply rucking it up...

I can't recall Parker playing on the edges for the Broncos since 06 or 07.

Looking back at the team sheet, I can actually take a positive from it.

Mcullough 'should' finally be an 80 Minute hooker like almost all the other 9's in the comp.

Parkers offloads are becoming legendary on here but the stat in todays paper ( dare I quote the CM ) was 68 offloads, the most by any forward, of which only 2 led to line breaks. Much ado about not that much.

I can't recall Parker playing on the edges for the Broncos since 06 or 07.

He didn't park himself out wide per say, but he definitely took runs wider of the ruck and his offload allows us room outside.

Parkers offloads are becoming legendary on here but the stat in todays paper ( dare I quote the CM ) was 68 offloads, the most by any forward, of which only 2 led to line breaks. Much ado about not that much.

Couple of ways you can look at that though. Yeah the stats not that great, but I think with someone like Barba maybe getting on the end of some of the offloads the result could be much better. We'll see.

Yeah probably more than a few ways you could look at that stat.

Or Parker just isn't as good as an offloader as people say..

If I remember correctly they had SBW coming second with 64 and 6 leading to line breaks. So they dont always lead to LB's but Barba will def pick that number up a tad

Almost all others? No.

Looking back at the team sheet, I can actually take a positive from it.

Mcullough 'should' finally be an 80 Minute hooker like almost all the other 9's in the comp.

Almost all? Last year over half the teams had a bench hooker.

he led the comp not forwards. the stats don't tell you that there was never anyone in support and that's why so few line breaks. barba should convert a few more

I've calmed down about the team...and still hate the selection at 5/8th. Seems to me this was a 'compromise' to get Hoffman to stay at Brisbane. I'll support the team through thick and thin of course but this makes it hard to be optimistic.

he led the comp not forwards. the stats don't tell you that there was never anyone in support and that's why so few line breaks. barba should convert a few more

Do they even keep stats on back offloads? And yeah I know all that, tah. The point is the offloads stat which so many have been getting hard over doesn't necessarily mean much. Maybe Barba will benefit from his offloads, let's hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • Lostboy
  • BooKhaki
  • Xzei
  • thenry
  • Ondi
  • Battler
  • YeahNahMate
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • Behind enemy lines
  • levikaden
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Howie
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.