Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Line breaks from offloads won't tell the full story anyway. A good offload that allows us to take tackle 3 at halfway rather than our own 40 is in itself a high value action, and often the defenders the offload sucks will struggle to get back when the receiver of the offload gets tackle, thus creating the space on the subsequent play.

And as others have mentioned, Barba's presence should increase the line break stat too as both Hoffman and Norman were mediocre support runners.

It was claimed that almost all other hookers besides macca play 80 minutes... That's simply not true.

What? You quoted someone about Corey Parker's offloading ability.

Oh shit sorry, I didn't realise that, was intending to quote the other one

Sorry dex

Now I'll never know how long it would have taken him to figure it out.

The problem with your exercise is that we have to pick a team with what Griffin has assembled, which sadly has more holes than Swiss cheese.

FWIW, I'd have played Hannant and Macguire at prop, Gillett at five-eight, Hoffman at right centre, Copley on the wing with the rest of the squad as you'd expect.
Surely you jest...

Surely this must be his doom. This side,

maranta, what more must he do to not get picked in the team, mills will be calling that bull**** and wondered why he rejected two other clubs to end up behind maranta. And poor Copley will be pressured by having him on his outside.

When did we get Mullen? Because there is no way you would pick a guy like Hoffman unless you have the kicking game of Mullen at halfback, no offence to hunt but he's just working it out himself.

2nd best lock in the comp moved to front row? Why to limit is awesomeness? Why did we buy Kennedy. We have a former international prop, two fringe qld props and still have to accommodate our 2 weak links in Gillett and Glenn because they just have to start

quickly who has Walters number we will need it quick smart

Also a rumour from a former bronco junior who is a good friend of nikorima, the squad is heavily divided. Thaiday apparently turns up to training does his own thing doesn't acknowledge the young guys doesn't talk and leaves. Apparently big issues between the young and older players

Well its not like Griffin is a hard-arse who keeps the players in line so I can definitely believe that.

Players getting their own way in where they want to play at the expense of others says it all.

Also a rumour from a former bronco junior who is a good friend of nikorima, the squad is heavily divided. Thaiday apparently turns up to training does his own thing doesn't acknowledge the young guys doesn't talk and leaves. Apparently big issues between the young and older players

If that's true then the rot has set in. Obviously the players aren't happy with how things are going right now and it's affecting their unity. We couldn't be in a worse situation if we tried.

he led the comp not forwards. the stats don't tell you that there was never anyone in support and that's why so few line breaks. barba should convert a few more

Yep, pretty much. With a lack of quality halves, hole runners out wide and someone like Barba supporting Parker should be some of our main weapons.

If that's true then the rot has set in. Obviously the players aren't happy with how things are going right now and it's affecting their unity. We couldn't be in a worse situation if we tried.

Exactly, I didn't want to believe it buts it's a good source. But one of the main reasons hook as been safe is because he had player backing obviously that isn't the case anymore

Glenn is looked to as the leader by the younger players. Best thing to do is cut off the head and get rid of him, that should sort things out

Re: Round 1 - Bulldogs vrs Broncos; Pre-Match Discussion

Somehow I don't think fans "deathriding" (see: expressing dismay) a coach on a forum is going to have any impact whether a coach continues to work in their current role or not.

But you superfans just keep at it! Hook's number #1!

Re: Round 1 - Bulldogs vrs Broncos; Pre-Match Discussion

Somehow I don't think fans "deathriding" (see: expressing dismay) a coach on a forum is going to have any impact whether a coach continues to work in their current role or not.

But you superfans just keep at it! Hook's number #1!
Yeah mate... Giving the benefit of the doubt = "Hook's number #1"

Whether it has an impact is not relevant, and is as valid an opinion or feeling as "expressing dismay"!

Except all things considered, giving him the benefit of the doubt would be only due to blind faith ... because there have been no indications that he has changed anything in our side.

And its impact is entirely relevant if you're inferring a link between supporters behaviour on a forum and the tenuous position of a coach (achieving the purpose of, I believe your words were?).

Except all things considered, giving him the benefit of the doubt would be only due to blind faith ... because there have been no indications that he has changed anything in our side.

And its impact is entirely relevant if you're inferring a link between supporters behaviour on a forum and the tenuous position of a coach (achieving the purpose of, I believe your words were?).
I believe I explained why I'm giving the benefit of the doubt. There have certainly been plenty of changes, and while people look at the Warriors trial to justify their... "dismay", I look at the Nines and at the implied justifications for all the changes to give them the benefit of the doubt.

As to the purpose of death-riding a team, I didn't mean that as what impact it may have on the Broncos management or coaching, which I certainly hope is nihil, but as to what it serves in general, in particular to the person expressing it...

The problem with the benefit of the doubt it that it is easier to give when you don't have the track record that Hook has. We know what his go is so unless this season he has all of a sudden got the team playing with some kind of structure and purpose we are in for a long year. Sure the trial matches might not be much to go on but when you revert back to one out runs and piss weak defence like we have seen from the team for 2 seasons it is hard to be giving any benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • YeahNahMate
  • Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  • johnny plath
  • BrentTatesChin
  • thenry
  • Culhwch
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.