Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess to the individual, if the end justifies the means and someone else has the opportunity to take the club forward rather than continuing to regress as we have under the current coach, then the deathriding is probably justified?

I think it's more to do with the coach than the players ... well, most of them.

The problem with the benefit of the doubt it that it is easier to give when you don't have the track record that Hook has. We know what his go is so unless this season he has all of a sudden got the team playing with some kind of structure and purpose we are in for a long year. Sure the trial matches might not be much to go on but when you revert back to one out runs and piss weak defence like we have seen from the team for 2 seasons it is hard to be giving any benefit of the doubt.
It went from piss weak last year to non existant in the Warriors trial. I am trying to ignore that trial because if that is as good as it gets then we are in for a much tougher year than last year

It went from piss weak last year to non existant in the Warriors trial. I am trying to ignore that trial because if that is as good as it gets then we are in for a much tougher year than last year
I am definitely ignoring the Warriors trial, because it simply doesn't rhyme with what we saw the team do during the nines. Regardless of the differences between the games with 9 or 13 players, it's the huge difference in attitude which had me baffled, and makes me hope the Warriors was an exception rather than the rule... If not, I'll be carrying my pitch fork while leading the mob of the Hook lynching party!

Last edited:
Big difference in the nines was not having a stampeding forward pack running over the top of smaller forwards

I am definitely ignoring the Warriors trial, because it simply doesn't rhyme with what we saw the team do during the nines. Regardless of the differences between the games with 9 or 13 players, it's the huge difference in attitude which had me baffled, and makes me hope the Warriors was an exception rather than the rule... If not, I'll be carrying my pitch fork while leading the mob of the Hook lynching party!

The difference between the 9's and the Warriors trial is that Hook probably didn't enforce his piss poor style of game plan. He would have said, go out and have fun. When it comes to regular games, it's like he puts everyone on a short leash and forbids anything half creative. Our only game plan with Hook is don't turn over possession (we are one of the best at that) and attack using bombs. Fucking pathetic.

The difference between the 9's and the Warriors trial is that Hook probably didn't enforce his piss poor style of game plan. He would have said, go out and have fun. When it comes to regular games, it's like he puts everyone on a short leash and forbids anything half creative. Our only game plan with Hook is don't turn over possession (we are one of the best at that) and attack using bombs. Fucking pathetic.
I was talking about attitude, which is normally reflected in the way a team defends. Nothing to do with game plan...

You saw a team working for each other in Auckland, compensating and scrambling at will, and a week later with more men on the field, the defense looked like Swiss cheese!
[MENTION=8219]Splinter[/MENTION], I have seen our "small" forward pack dominate most other packs out there, especially in defense. Sure, size helps, but mobility is as important, if not more!

I'm with Porthoz, a lot of things look bad and I have lost faith in Hook a lot after being a massive fan up until the announcement of the team but this is my club and I want us to win no matter what and I agree hoping our team loses in order to sack the coach just doesn't sit well with me as an avid one-eyed supporter.

I won't be deathriding them but i am not feeling confident. Will be there every home game except while overseas for both 1st grade and U20s

Always still will be behind the boys regardless of how I feel things are at the club, been a diehard Broncos supporter since day one and hopefully will still be one till the day I die.

I love 'em like a brother and will till the day I die, but I reserve the right to bag the shit out of them if it all goes pear-shaped :biggrin1:

Re: Round 1 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Norman is playing pretty well for the eels, wallace had a good game for the panthers, even Dunamis Lui did ok for Manly. Getting rid of wallace this year was so idiotic. didn't know where to post this rant so please move else where if you feel fit.

Norman is playing pretty well for the eels, wallace had a good game for the panthers, even Dunamis Lui did ok for Manly. Getting rid of wallace this year was so idiotic. didn't know where to post this rant so please move else where if you feel fit.

What were the Broncos supposed to do? Broncos were going downhill and Wallace wasn't performing. He pretty much left the Broncos no choice. A change had to be made.

What were the Broncos supposed to do? Broncos were going downhill and Wallace wasn't performing. He pretty much left the Broncos no choice. A change had to be made.

Get rid of Griffin.

Look at the coaching staff rather then everything but.

Norman signed with parra then went to shit. The club didn't the honourable thing with Wallace when it was decided he wasn't part of the future. Fair to say though either would be in the halves if still around.

Any posts of this nature belong in here.

Last Warning For Everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• YeahNahMate
  • Rookie Alan
  • trugo bronco
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  • johnny plath
  • BrentTatesChin
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.