Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he's a Logan Brothers man, and was going to play for them as gratitude for taking a punt on him when he was a kid...

Well he's clearly that kind of guy cos the Broncos clearly never spoke to him because he clearly said he never had a contract offer...clearly.

its clear as day!!

Good article, noisetheory and it proves that Griffin is good at instilling discipline in younger players. I hope it all works out for Griffin. Like what Tariq said, if the team buy in and keep working hard, things will turn around. Starting on Friday...Go Broncos!!!

Good article, noisetheory and it proves that Griffin is good at instilling discipline in younger players. I hope it all works out for Griffin. Like what Tariq said, if the team buy in and keep working hard, things will turn around. Starting on Friday...Go Broncos!!!

It was nice to hear a positive story on Griffin, but once again, it was just the same mentality. Putting on size will improve you as a player. That's not going to work for everyone.

It was nice to hear a positive story on Griffin, but once again, it was just the same mentality. Putting on size will improve you as a player. That's not going to work for everyone.
I don't think that's what was implied in this article though. You do need size and muscle to make it in FG, otherwise you'll just be a rag doll...

I don't think that's what was implied in this article though. You do need size and muscle to make it in FG, otherwise you'll just be a rag doll...

Exactly. If Sims didn't put on that muscle then he wouldn't have made it in the NRL

Well he's clearly that kind of guy cos the Broncos clearly never spoke to him because he clearly said he never had a contract offer...clearly.

its clear as day!!

Clearly Smith is a little dense when it comes to contract negotiations given he was completely unaware of what the Storm were doing to keep him. I daresay we could have offered him a 2mil a season deal and he wouldn't have realised. Poor guy.

Clearly Smith is a little dense when it comes to contract negotiations given he was completely unaware of what the Storm were doing to keep him. I daresay we could have offered him a 2mil a season deal and he wouldn't have realised. Poor guy.

Well he didn't realise he was signing 2 contracts for years so we shouldn't be surprised

I saw the Smith interview last night for the first time. He did say the Broncos did not offer him a contract but that was because he did not want one offered. He said his wife and himself wanted to make a decision with a clear mind about where they wanted to be without the weight of a contract clouding their decision. He knew he would get the money wherever he chose to go.

I hope we win on Friday. All the specualtion about coaches might then go away. It's funny - growing up watching footy I used to laugh at other clubs who couldn't get off the coaching merry go round. I never dreamed it would happen at my club. We're the Brisbane Broncos!

Reactions: Dee
Re: 2014 Halves Pairing

with anthony griffin, paul white and andrew gee, of course the broncos wouldn't stand a chance.

Dally M Positions

Just been looking through the Dally M winners from last year and wondering where they are playing this year.

Now in round 2 every single one of them is playing in the position they won their respective awards in EXCEPT Corey Parker !

What does this suggest to the casual observer ? To my way of thinking Coach Griffin either thinks Parker would make a better prop than lock or he has a better player who's performance at lock can surpass the effort of the 2013 medal winner. As I see it he is weakening a position but not strengthening another. Parker does not offer anything extra at prop that we could not get from another team member. Taking him away from lock only hurts the team.

Re: Dally M Positions

Griffin's reasoning is that he doesn't want to choose between Gillett and Glenn.

Re: Dally M Positions

Griffin's reasoning is that he wants the best 13 starting and playing the most minutes.

Parker, McCullough, McGuire, Glenn, Thaiday, Gillett are our best 5 starting forwards.

This is the way he gets them all on the field at once, without having to put the 6th placed forward (Hannant) on the field.

You have to hope he thinks this more "mobile" pack is benefiting from this year's rule changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Swordfish
  • upthebroncs
  • levikaden
  • Bucking Beads
  • Griffo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Lostboy
  • Stix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • Tmac
  • Bongo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Astro
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.