Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's to say the club hasn't been doing this research & checks like they've always done - behind the scenes, without scrutiny.

If we search the universe as some have mentioned Gee may come up with the coach of the Russian womens volleyball team as a replacement - So who will be picking the next coach - don't let Gee and White do it for heavens sake - maybe ASK Bennett if he is interested first and see who he recommends secondly - I am happy if Benny picks the coach and even happier if he is involved with the Broncos again - he would be blowing his mind seeing what has happened to HIS Club right now - And if we really search the universe for a better coach than Walters who is available - any clues - can Walters do a worse job than Hook - NO - He will bring a brand of attacking football back to the club because that is the way he played - he has had experience in super league in the UK and France - been Bellemy's assistant for 2 years in Melbourne and is now under Bennets wing and if it is good enough for Mal to annoint him as the next Origin coach then it is good enough for me

Bennett recommended Griffin... just saying!

Not at all but if we rush into hiring a new coach, nothing will change. I just want us to find the best available coach and since I don't want Kearney near the head coaching role at the Broncos (even as a care taker). I would rather us leave Griffin in place until we have found the right replacement... Not just the first guy available. And if Walters is the genius coach as some are making him out to be, why is he still just an assistant.

What you are doing is putting words in people's mouth. We all won't the best coach possible. The reason Walters is mentioned so often is because that is the rumour going around. He doesn't have the greatest record but maybe him.coming with Bennett could work. It would be the same risk as any other untried option out there. All I know is we can't afford to get the wrong coach. Our next coach has to be a long term one who turns the club around.

The Griffin apologists are sickening. Still desperate to find any reason to justify keeping Hook.
big-INTen1109_2.jpg

For a while now I have tried to figure out why Hook has gone from a great attacking - throw the ball around type coach when he was u20's coach when we nearly won the GF to immediately being bereft of any attacking thoughts in his head at all - it happened the instant he became first grade coach - any thoughts - is he scared or worried he won't be seen like all the other coaches - i am confused.
I have heard many players like Wally and Locky say they are over coached these days to the extent that young players when they get to 1st grade are told to play to structures and they forget to play what they see in front of them
I would reckon they should have a basic structure but be given FREE rein to throw the ball around - wouldn't that surprise all the other teams

For a while now I have tried to figure out why Hook has gone from a great attacking - throw the ball around type coach when he was u20's coach when we nearly won the GF to immediately being bereft of any attacking thoughts in his head at all - it happened the instant he became first grade coach - any thoughts - is he scared or worried he won't be seen like all the other coaches - i am confused.
I have heard many players like Wally and Locky say they are over coached these days to the extent that young players when they get to 1st grade are told to play to structures and they forget to play what they see in front of them
I would reckon they should have a basic structure but be given FREE rein to throw the ball around - wouldn't that surprise all the other teams
And as the results get worse the more conservative he gets. Probably the best thing that could happen is tell him he no longer has a job at the end of this year and he might actually lose all the tension and coach them to play football instead of being robots with faulty programming

Re: Round 1 - Bulldogs vrs Broncos; Pre-Match Discussion

Griffin's brain is underdone.

Just shows the stupidity of Griffin if he picks Hoffman at 6.. He recognized
That he Doesn't have the ball playing skills for a fullback. So pick him at 6? Because you don't need to throw a pass playing in the halves...

Griffin's brain is underdone.

If Hasler or Bellamy or something is Well Done, then Griffindor is a blue steak.

(Yeah, medium-rare is the best tasting, but we are just talking about cooking levels)

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be a real M Night Shamalamalan twist if Griffin was actually a good coach but no one could understand what he was mumbling and his genius was wasted.

what. he'll be in the centres with reed.

**** that. I'd rather have fucking Mills in the side over Maranta. Mills and Vidot on the wings with Copley and Reed in the Centres.

Or you know, we just teach Griffin the song "If I only had a Brain" from the Wizard of Oz, put Hoffman on the wing where he belongs and Nikorima into the 6 like it was always meant to be.

Last edited:

Or you know, we just teach Griffin the song "If I only had a Brain" from the Wizard of Oz, put Hoffman on the wing where he belongs and Nikorima into the 6 like it was always meant to be.

Too much effort, just pave a yellow brick road from Red Hill to the Gold Coast or something and have him follow it.

I can picture him being an excellent speaker at risk management seminars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• john1420
  • Gaz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • RolledOates
  • Redfern_1980
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosarethebest
  • thenry
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.