Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances of those guys getting a job as a head coach?

Henry maybe, but Smith and Stone? I doubt anyone would want them if there are other options..

Bring back Henjak
Apparently Peter Psaltis had Henjak on tonight. Would be interesting to know if he had anything to say about the split with the Broncos.

Even if Griffin gets sacked tomorrow ... the club is unlikely to rush into signing a new coach ... they are a professional organisation, they will take their time to find the right candidate to be coach of one of the highest profile Rugby League clubs in the world, and one that carries high expectations.

The club held Griffin in high regard and as it turns out he is not the right man for the job, and rushing in and sacking Griffin and appointing either Walters (or Henry as has been rumoured), without doing a thorough recruitment and selection process, would be a huge mistake, IMO. Walters may be the best candidate, and if he gets the job i will support him 100%, but lets not limit our options.

IMO, the best case scenario is likely to be Griffin gets told his services will not be required for 2015 (relatively early in the season), but he stays on until seasons end.

worst case scenario, Griffin is sacked effective immediately (or won't stay on until seasons end) and we get a caretaker coach ... most likely Kearney. and if Kearney becomes our caretaker coach, then i hope every one like what they saw during the Warriors trial, because that will become the norm.

seriously though it would be interesting to know where Henjak is at now with all that went down at the broncos .. by all reports the guy virtually went off the grid for two years after he was sacked .. obviously cut really deep

Last edited:
I ran into him last year at the Cowboys game. He sounds like he has moved on from it and gotten over it.

I ran into him last year at the Cowboys game. He sounds like he has moved on from it and gotten over it.

Geez you must've needed a Hennigans or three before sidling up and asking Ivan how he's been gettin on :idea:

Henjak is ALWAYS at my local pub in Forest Lake gambling on the dogs/horses. He loves a punt that bloke

The best credentialled coach that is available, and who I thought would do a great jobis Daniel Anderson.

There is something about Anderson I don't rate.

Sure, he took the Warriors + Eels to heights that they otherwise shouldn't be at, but really, what did it matter in the long run? He didn't win them the premiership and worse he basically doomed them for a couple of years as things unravelled quickly.

For whatever reason, people have seemingly forgotten that this was the guy who over-saw the recruitment for the 2011 season. I know a lot of fans want to pawn that off on Kearney but the position wasn't even available until the season was nearly over - what was Anderson doing with all that time?

I can't picture things being much different up here.

Henjak is ALWAYS at my local pub in Forest Lake gambling on the dogs/horses. He loves a punt that bloke

Srs? I should check it out, I generally avoid that place. Wouldn't mind getting wasted with him.

Can I ask, since he's always at the club anyway, why nobody has considered Alfie as head coach?

Langer as head coach, I can just picture it now. The players new cardio workout will be dancing on the table half naked.

Get A Johns to coach the halves a few times a week. Yeah, he's a douche, but he is someone who can get the most out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.