Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on, people think there's a WORSE option than Griffin out there? I can't even imagine that. Hell, the creative geniuses at Pixar probably couldn't even imagine what that looked like.

I think this would be a good pitch to Hollywood producers for a movie about Griffin and Kearney.

Dumb & Dumber Coach The Brisbane Broncos.

What do you think?

At least in a dumb and dumber movie you kind of expect a happy ending.

At least in a dumb and dumber movie you kind of expect a happy ending.

I think Griffin and Kearney being sacked at the end of the movie would be a happy ending.

I could certainly imagine Griffin and Kearney doing this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick Stone is a forgotten man of coaching, he was starting to make some headway at the Knights before being swallowed up by the Bennett show.

Would that be such a bad thing? Do you want Kearney to take over?

That's what would more than likely happen until Broncos find a new coach. I can't think of any that are available for this season..

The majority of assistants would have something written into their contract saying they could leave if a full time head coaching gig became available. Meaning Neil Henry, Rick Stone and Brian Smith if he's still running around.

Rick Stone is a forgotten man of coaching, he was starting to make some headway at the Knights before being swallowed up by the Bennett show.

He's an international coach! Not forgotten at all.

The majority of assistants would have something written into their contract saying they could leave if a full time head coaching gig became available. Meaning Neil Henry, Rick Stone and Brian Smith if he's still running around.

They all do, no club would stand in a lower grade or assistant getting a head coaching role.

They all do, no club would stand in a lower grade or assistant getting a head coaching role.

Figured that to be the case. Although I imagine when Kearney asked for one, they laughed and said "...yeah, no worries Steve"

They don't need clauses tbh. There isn't a club around that would deny an assistant leaving for a head coaching role. If they did they would struggle to sign anyone higher than an u12s coach

Meh, then it's an unwritten rule. My comment about Kearney still stands though....

Deleted my stupid posts because I actually want to put a name out there for a replacement.

Tony Smith, apart from a stint at Huddersfield in 2001 his record is good.

Tony Smith - Summary - Rugby League Project

Leeds:

2005: 2nd - Runners Up
2006: 3rd - Elimination Playoff
2007: 2nd - Premiers

Warrington:

2010: 3rd - Preliminary Final
2011: 1st - Qualifying Final
2012: 2nd - Runners Up
2013: 2nd - Runners Up

Super League may not be the same quality of competition as the NRL but that doesn't mean coaches are lesser for it, see Maguire and Robinson. Before anyone mentions Walters he took the Catalans Dragons to 8th in his first year and wooden spoon the next, Robinson then took over and got them to consecutive preliminary finals...

I sincerely hope the club is looking at prospective coaches as there are a few other teams doing the exact same thing, we are lucky that we are still the biggest name in the NRL with a half decent squad that is just begging to be used to its potential.

Deleted my stupid posts because I actually want to put a name out there for a replacement.

Tony Smith, apart from a stint at Huddersfield in 2001 his record is good.

Tony Smith - Summary - Rugby League Project

Leeds:

2005: 2nd - Runners Up
2006: 3rd - Elimination Playoff
2007: 2nd - Premiers

Warrington:

2010: 3rd - Preliminary Final
2011: 1st - Qualifying Final
2012: 2nd - Runners Up
2013: 2nd - Runners Up

Super League may not be the same quality of competition as the NRL but that doesn't mean coaches are lesser for it, see Maguire and Robinson. Before anyone mentions Walters he took the Catalans Dragons to 8th in his first year and wooden spoon the next, Robinson then took over and got them to consecutive preliminary finals...

I sincerely hope the club is looking at prospective coaches as there are a few other teams doing the exact same thing, we are lucky that we are still the biggest name in the NRL with a half decent squad that is just begging to be used to its potential.
I heard Smiths name brought up on talkback somewhere for the Dragons job. Apparently he has just bought acreage over there and has his family settled and not looking at coming back anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.