Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i should support the team the way you do? because thats the right and only way. I'm sure i should eat you're favourite foods because they are the right favourite foods. get a grip.

Your*

I think we have improved but there is a lot more we need to improve on. Locky has mentioned it in the last two games. Hunt, Macca and Hoffman to a lesser extent need to learn to close games out. We need to play smart and play field position when in front. We still seem immature in this department.
This comes with experience

so i should support the team the way you do? because thats the right and only way. I'm sure i should eat you're favourite foods because they are the right favourite foods. get a grip.

That's an awful analogy.

So I'm honestly interested in people's thoughts on Maguire. There were quite a few on here saying we should be throwing the chequebook at him. Given how woeful the Rabbits has been so far this season, do you guys still feel the same?

Was just thinking about that today, seems to be a bit of division amongst the players.

Missing Luke is a big blow too but they'll still make the finals.

I wouldn't put it down to Maguire.

There are certain players in the Souffs lineup that are supposed to be their key talents that are just not pulling their weight. I'm looking squarely at the Burgess Brothers. They look like they're just about ready to give it up and piss off back to Britain at this point. One thing is for certain, you can once again write off a Souffs premiership anytime soon. Their fans must be absolutely incensed at what they've seen so far this season. I know I would be if that were the Broncs.

Going on nothing but current form, we're looking likely to take their spot in the top 4, which is just staggering to think about.

Last edited:
He has changed the culture of Souths completely all the old-school stuff went right out the window and they are performing to the expectations they lay on themselves.

That didn't happen under Lang, Taylor, Langmack etc.

There are certain players in the Souffs lineup that are supposed to be their key talents that are just not pulling their weight. I'm looking squarely at the Burgess Brothers. They look like they're just about ready to give it up and piss off back to Britain at this point. One thing is for certain, you can once again write off a Souffs premiership anytime soon. Their fans must be absolutely incensed at what they've seen so far this season. I know I would be if that were the Broncs.

Going on nothing but current form, we're looking likely to take their spot in the top 4, which is just staggering to think about.

100% agree. I've put my thoughts on this on another forum, that Sam Burgess was always their key. So long as he was willing to bust his arse for $250k (cough) a season, and his brothers on even smaller deals, there was this mentality of club over individual, that everyone was happy to chip in for their glorious club. Whether Reynolds, Sutton, Inglis etc getting massively upgraded deals upset that applecart, or whether Sam just has the shits because his grubbiness is making him lose his public shine, who knows. But that club-before-all mentality is gone, he's signed for much bigger money and seemingly easier-to-obtain personal glory, and that will knock any team around.

Have you even watched a Souths game this year? Sam Burgess has been enormous for them, NFI where you get the notion he is about ready to give up. If he doesn't top the runs and tackles he is top 2 every week. George Burgess isn't far behind.
They have issues no doubt but the work of the Burgess boys isn't one of them.

The one negative about Sam Burgess is that he gives away roughly 12 penalties a game. He makes up for it with everything else he does though.

Sam Burgess will always play well and stuff it up with penalties. I've been watching their games, George has not been good in the last three games.

Maguire has produced a remarkable turn around since taking over Souths. Sure they've been shit this season, but it is only 4 games old and they were playing with a new halves combo and Luke and Inglis have both been injured.

Griffin has been very good this season, but it is only 4 games old. Compare the two of them the past 2.1 seasons and it is no contest. Sure, it may be changing, but the season has barely started. It is way too early to write off Souths.

The one negative about Sam Burgess is that he gives away roughly 12 penalties a game. He makes up for it with everything else he does though.

Hoping that's meant to be funny, but just to be clear 4 games this year and 4 penalties total. 3 of those against Canberra when he did 39 tackles and was trying to slow things up a bit. Anyone churning out his numbers will concede more penalties anyway.

Just thinking about the mail I was given last year about kevvy & Bennett coming up if hook fails by round 5....
even if hook & the Bronx did start to slide I honestly can't see Bennett continuing after this whole McKinnon thing.

Just thinking about the mail I was given last year about kevvy & Bennett coming up if hook fails by round 5....
even if hook & the Bronx did start to slide I honestly can't see Bennett continuing after this whole McKinnon thing.

You might be onto something there.

Old Wayne seems to have been rocked pretty heavily by what's happened to poor McKinnon.

I think the Broncos should stick with Griffin and then decide to either keep him or go in another direction. That will show the playing group that the club backs the coach. I have a theory that if we sacked another coach then that will erode away at the culture of the place and will lump us in with clubs that have been chronic underachievers. Look at clubs like the Warriors and the Cowboys and the amount of coaches they've had since their inception. I think deep down the players at those clubs know that it's the coach who will take the fall. Meanwhile, the players get waved on through. It doesn't seem right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Dazza 92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • RolledOates
  • Astro
  • BRC088
  • Jedhead
  • Stix
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.